I was bored out of my mind in Pattaya

39 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You can stay in Pattaya and do nothing and relax, the difference is on koh Chang etc there's little choice

There are waterfalls, gyms, elephants and boat trips. Also hiking, beach walks, restaurants and bars. Enough to do for weeks.

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

There are waterfalls, gyms, elephants and boat trips. Also hiking, beach walks, restaurants and bars. Enough to do for weeks.

all this sounds good, but without someone to share the experiences with? 

Most people (at least in my mind and in my social network) just want to have normal days home, and go holidays and adventures once and awhile for the contrasts sake. If you living in paradise, paradise becomes the normal! 

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

all this sounds good, but without someone to share the experiences with? 

Most people (at least in my mind and in my social network) just want to have normal days home, and go holidays and adventures once and awhile for the contrasts sake. If you living in paradise, paradise becomes the normal! 

That's why the cleaner or whoever needs a girlfriend or boyfriend. Plenty of lesbians, gay guys and straight people in Thailand to start a relationship with. Then go do things together.

4 minutes ago, susanlea said:

That's why the cleaner or whoever needs a girlfriend or boyfriend. Plenty of lesbians, gay guys and straight people in Thailand to start a relationship with. Then go do things together.

For an troubled mind, just finding someone can add some extra load. Many have thought it was just that easy and burnt themselves. Not only one time. But thats pretty much how it went for me, we went backpacking together, and 8 months later, my third visit,  we where a couple and we went and lived with her family for a month almost. That was my single best investment for future, getting to know her family and friends, and stay in her village. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If people are honest with themselves, is anyone actually "happy"?

The only time I was ever "happy" was in Antarctica, and not all the time even there- other people are always a problem. It's the only time in my life I felt useful. Leaving it was the biggest downer of my life.

Too many bullies in school, the military and nursing to be "happy".

The best I can say is that parts of my life were OK, like when I was on holiday in LOS,but knowing that it ends in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 day is a drag.

If there was a time I was "content" it was the last year I ever lived in LOS, after I left the monstress from hell ( my wife ) and before I returned to real life in NZ. I did very little, so very little happened to become a problem.

I think I should have been a hermit. Too late now with all the problems of old age decrepitude.

Perhaps my ideal job would have been a lighthouse keeper. If there were any  lighthouse keepers any more that might have been a great job for me. I'd have enjoyed being the sole occupant of a small island in a large ocean tending the light that keeps people safe.

I once upon a time applied to work on Campbell Island but the existing maintenance man changed his mind about leaving so that came to naught.

I think that there is no such thing as a "plan" in life. It's just too chaotic to be sure that it'll work out. I always started a new job with great hopes, but it wasn't too long before the bullying started.

You are one depressing person.   Life is a joy, and no reason not to be, unless you dog, kid or wife just died. 

Even when I had nothing, I don't think I was ever as depressing, unhappy as you.

I hope real life conversations don't mirror you online presence, and would explain quite a bit.  I've been married 4 times, had 30+ jobs, and never even close to your state of unhappiness/depression.  Or shall I say, it passed in a week.  

Lost apartment, wife, car & job, all in the same week, and got over it ... within a week later.  None of it was sudden, so easy enough to roll with.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 2

Now Gentlemen, maybe I'm playing with semantics.

But in my mind there is a huge difference between Boredom and Unhappiness.

I was bored for sure, but I wasn't 'unhappy' verge of cutting my wrists!

Boredom creeps up on you and you at some point go, 'I just need more than this'

But again, one size does not fit all, we're human, and different strokes for different folks

Just now, GinBoy2 said:

Now Gentlemen, maybe I'm playing with semantics.

But in my mind there is a huge difference between Boredom and Unhappiness.

I was bored for sure, but I wasn't 'unhappy' verge of cutting my wrists!

Boredom creeps up on you and you at some point go, 'I just need more than this'

But again, one size does not fit all, we're human, and different strokes for different folks

What made you bored at that time?

Lack of normal routine?

4 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Not sure what planet you are from, but travel is tiring and very stressful if it's done constantly. Makes perfect sense that some people want to fly to their destination rather then take a bus or train.

yeah but you're miserable when you get to a destination 

3 hours ago, susanlea said:

waterfalls yippee, you can do all those things except waterfalls around Pattaya. I've done enough waterfalls for a lifetime, they get boring like temples

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

waterfalls yippee, you can do all those things except waterfalls around Pattaya. I've done enough waterfalls for a lifetime, they get boring like temples

Also crowded, polluted and doesn't have a relaxing atmosphere. If it was so good nobody would go to the islands yet they do.

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You can stay in Pattaya and do nothing and relax, the difference is on koh Chang etc there's little choice

Disagree 100%. How can one relax in a hotel room with sound of traffic and loud bar music outside?

The whole point of little choice is that it makes it easy to relax, without distractions.

If you don't understand the attraction of sitting on an uncrowded beach and just doing nothing other than look at the sea, there is no point in continuing to discuss this with you.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's the touristy thing to do which is why people like you do it

You really don't get it, do you?

Never mind, if you stay in Pattaya it's one less person disturbing the peace on a nice beach

This is a photo from google images of Than Sadet on a busy day. Usually less people on it. Bliss.

Thansadet-Beach.jpg

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

What made you bored at that time?

Lack of normal routine?

You should bring your mop and bucket with you next time you come to Pattaya. 

I've got a few properties around town, could do with a mopping. 

It'd break your boredom. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

You are one depressing person.   Life is a joy, and no reason not to be, unless you dog, kid or wife just died. 

Even when I had nothing, I don't think I was ever as depressing, unhappy as you.

I hope real life conversations don't mirror you online presence, and would explain quite a bit.  I've been married 4 times, had 30+ jobs, and never even close to your state of unhappiness/depression.  Or shall I say, it passed in a week.  

Lost apartment, wife, car & job, all in the same week, and got over it ... within a week later.  None of it was sudden, so easy enough to roll with.

Well goody goody for you. You have no idea of my childhood and I'm not going into that on here, but you mentioned death ( unless you dog, kid or wife just died. ), and that is relevant. Some wounds don't heal.

Seems you think everyone should be like you, but I'm very happy not to have 4 failed marriages. You come across in that post as someone that has no investment in your life, and live superficially. Few I've known are so flippant about life's problems.

Have a nice day.

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Do you need other people to be entertained? Some of us are self motivating.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Not sure what planet you are from, but travel is tiring and very stressful if it's done constantly. Makes perfect sense that some people want to fly to their destination rather then take a bus or train.

What is so stressful about sitting in a bus or train? It's loads less stressful than flying these days.

If tourists find travel is too stressful they should holiday at home.

What is the point of going to Thailand if all they want to do is fly to a destination and spend all their time by a pool or on a computer ( or on a computer by a pool )?

I loved traveling by train in Thailand. The scenery was wonderful, and had I flown I'd never have seen it. Is traveling the point of going on holiday, or is it about doing the same as they could at home, for a lot less money?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

19 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I did some hospital work early on as a very young man and never fit in. There was always something odd about hospital co-workers. I never could put my finger on what it was and assumed it was just the environment with sick people, etc. I even got fired from a couple places. Not really bullying, but lack of acceptance.

I have also met nurses, mostly male ones, that had that same weird vibe even when they were not at work. One was a gay couple that lived next door that kept coming over onto my property and chopping down my ivy because it was growing on my side of the fence.

Not a problem I had in nursing, as very few men went nursing in NZ. Just wasn't a "guy" thing. I started in the largest hospital in NZ and it only had 5 other male nurses, none of which I worked with. One of them went on to have a sex change way back when it was unusual. He even got an article in a magazine for it. Interestingly, I gathered he was ostracised by the female nurses after it.

Normally I worked exclusively with females. It wasn't till I went to work in London that I had a lot of male nurses to work with and they were mainly from the Philippines.

I did some hospital work early on as a very young man and never fit in. There was always something odd about hospital co-workers.

Perhaps that is because of the sort of person that wants to work with sick people. Not many want to clean up people's poo and look after dying people. I once spent a night with a woman that took loads of panadol to kill herself- she couldn't be left alone ( Panadol will kill you if take too much, but it takes a long time to do so ), and another night with a young boy that was bleeding internally. How many people want that sort of job?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you need other people to be entertained? Some of us are self motivating.

Some people don't like their own company. Why they like busy places. Makes them feel less lonely.

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

Some people don't like their own company. Why they like busy places. Makes them feel less lonely.

My first ex's husband would have asked his worst enemy to go to the pub with him if he couldn't find a willing friend.

Not a problem I had in nursing, as very few men went nursing in NZ. Just wasn't a "guy" thing. I started in the largest hospital in NZ and it only had 5 other male nurses, none of which I worked with. One of them went on to have a sex change way back when it was unusual. He even got an article in a magazine for it. Interestingly, I gathered he was ostracised by the female nurses after it.

Normally I worked exclusively with females. It wasn't till I went to work in London that I had a lot of male nurses to work with and they were mainly from the Philippines.

I did some hospital work early on as a very young man and never fit in. There was always something odd about hospital co-workers.

Perhaps that is because of the sort of person that wants to work with sick people. Not many want to clean up people's poo and look after dying people. I once spent a night with a woman that took loads of panadol to kill herself- she couldn't be left alone ( Panadol will kill you if take too much, but it takes a long time to do so ), and another night with a young boy that was bleeding internally. How many people want that sort of job?

Just to be clear, I spent a night with a woman committing suicide slowly IN HOSPITAL while I was working. Dying alone would be a sad way to go.

What is so stressful about sitting in a bus or train? It's loads less stressful than flying these days.

If tourists find travel is too stressful they should holiday at home.

What is the point of going to Thailand if all they want to do is fly to a destination and spend all their time by a pool or on a computer ( or on a computer by a pool )?

I loved traveling by train in Thailand. The scenery was wonderful, and had I flown I'd never have seen it. Is traveling the point of going on holiday, or is it about doing the same as they could at home, for a lot less money?

Look at this video man. The water there is sparkling clear:

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just to be clear, I spent a night with a woman committing suicide slowly IN HOSPITAL while I was working. Dying alone would be a sad way to go.

Most people die alone in hospitals. No good way to die.

4 hours ago, susanlea said:

Most people die alone in hospitals. No good way to die.

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Better than dying alone in one's own home, lying in one's own filth, because no one bothered to check up on you.

I'm open to suggestions.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Disagree 100%. How can one relax in a hotel room with sound of traffic and loud bar music outside?

The whole point of little choice is that it makes it easy to relax, without distractions.

If you don't understand the attraction of sitting on an uncrowded beach and just doing nothing other than look at the sea, there is no point in continuing to discuss this with you.

You've missed the point again. There are places in Pattaya area which are quiet and easy to relax

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You really don't get it, do you?

Never mind, if you stay in Pattaya it's one less person disturbing the peace on a nice beach

This is a photo from google images of Than Sadet on a busy day. Usually less people on it. Bliss.

Thansadet-Beach.jpg

Nang Ram beach and Nang Rong beach close to Pattaya i go every week. Get it?

Screenshot_2024-06-06-12-33-36-811_com.google.android.apps.maps~2.jpg

Screenshot_2024-06-06-12-33-00-286_com.google.android.apps.maps~2.jpg

23 hours ago, susanlea said:

Yes, but it's harder in a normal area when you're overweight, broke and can't afford deodorant.