Cannabis Advocates Rally in Bangkok Against Planned Recriminalisation

webfact

It makes me wonder why these people think the government really cares if they lose money. Especially since the way they passed these new laws makes so that no=one can claim their losses to the government and the government is not responsible to compensate for any losses. 

• Confused 5
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, thesetat said:

It makes me wonder why these people think the government really cares if they lose money. Especially since the way they passed these new laws makes so that no=one can claim their losses to the government and the government is not responsible to compensate for any losses. 

Laws change, business models change. That's life.

I would be very upset if my taxes would be used to compensate people who sold drugs. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, thesetat said:

It makes me wonder why these people think the government really cares if they lose money.

Erm. No one forced them to open shops selling illegal products.

Everyone knows that the buds or anything over .2 THC is not legal.

It is medicinal use only.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, thesetat said:

why am i filing detailed reports and taxes every month with my company ? why am i having to record and tell the government the amounts we grow and sell. the list goes on and on.

WHAT NO BUDS ok I’m sticking to eatibles or Gunja butter on toast for breaky 

my days of breakky bongs are over sleep now my government children be forgotten after we wake 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, thesetat said:

That's the entire point; the big guys (elite), do not own and control it for the most part. Same with the police not getting any percentages now. So semi illegal = solve that issue. Well ok, Anutin gets a lot of donations most likely, but that's about it.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stoner said:

why am i filing detailed reports and taxes every month with my company ? why am i having to record and tell the government the amounts we grow and sell. the list goes on and on.

Because you choose to do it, what does that have to do with official lack of regulations etc? That you try to do something official doesn't mean it is official. To pay taxes has to do with making profit and income, not with the business you do.

Even as a crack dealer you can pay your taxes if you want, the smart ones in the west actually do so. Dutch illegal growers do that too, even better, you can actually be honest to tax authorities in Netherlands about what you do, as long you pay your taxes. They even take cash.

If you don't, they calculate what you could have earned, at max, and then you are still taxed on that + fined. Business 101? You lack knowledge. Even worse, they can even kidnap you for up to 2 weeks if they suspect you to avoid taxes, without a court order. Better hope Thailand doesn't learn about this.

Why I talk about Netherlands while this is Thailand? Because it is going to be very very similar here. The reason it became legal here in the first place is because of that 100+ year sentence against a Dutch coffeeshop boss here due to taxes too. Most people don't even know this.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 3

16 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Because you choose to do it, what does that have to do with official lack of regulations etc? That you try to do something official doesn't mean it is official. To pay taxes has to do with making profit and income, not with the business you do.

Even as a crack dealer you can pay your taxes if you want, the smart ones in the west actually do so. Dutch illegal growers do that too, even better, you can actually be honest to tax authorities in Netherlands about what you do, as long you pay your taxes. They even take cash.

If you don't, they calculate what you could have earned, at max, and then you are still taxed on that + fined. Business 101? You lack knowledge.

So the licenses granted to us by the government ? I don't mean plook app either. The fact I have a registered co Ltd means nothing either I suppose.

I lack knowledge or you are full of ignorance. 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, stoner said:

So the licenses granted to us by the government ? I don't mean plook app either. The fact I have a registered co Ltd means nothing either I suppose.

I lack knowledge or you are full of ignorance. 

Yes the licenses mean nothing, without detailled regulation + the flip flop chances of laws changing in Thailand any day. As I explained in detail already; your tax duty and business duties stand aside from legal or illegal products and services. These are 2 complete different subjects, even 3 with the licensing part.

Technically speaking I could just setup shop and even run without any licenses, that you do have, and then selling it would still not be a criminal issue. At most I would be fined for not having a license and stopped to operate. My wife does own the licenses by the way, but that is not relevant now.

This is the entire issue, and the reason it is being addressed in Thailand. In Netherlands weed is illegal too, even having it is, but you would never be prosecuted if you hand it over volunteered. I know that sounds weird and fked up, it is, but it works. It is likely gonna be similar here.

And you can thank the american lobbyists for it to still be 'illegal' in Netherlands too, they stole a huge business model from us by lobbying in Brussels (EU), to not have legal weed before in Europe. Germany might now change that.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Posted (edited)

“Despite the proposed reclassification, cannabis for medical and health purposes will still be permitted, according to the prime minister.“ Obviously you all are seriously overdramatizing the reality of this. They’re not even really trying to get rid of it just regulate it even though the current pm has been very vocal about what he would like to do as far as closing shops and reversing the current status but he doesn’t really have the power to do that on his own. Even the pm admits that medical use is here to stay. A lot of it is to get us to start buying more I think. Additionally cannabis is not a “controlled herb” either that’s more misinformation they allow households TO GROW IT. 

Also why are there not more articles on all of the turmoil in the government regarding the current pm? There’s like a huge movement trying to oust him right now and there are even YouTube videos all about it all over the internet from the Thai news. There’s so much you all are leaving out including regarding the cannabis issue that I rarely ever bother to get my local news here anymore. I might click on an article occasionally for a laugh. 

Edited by JimboB4

Well. The cannabis lobby (understandably) tries to defend its own turf, plain and simple. regardless of any so-called medical benefits which they like to push forward  in a very hypocrite and disingenuous way i think, since they know the great majority of consumers buy it to get high/stoned  , specially given the often extremely high THC levels they sell. 

• Confused 2