Thailand Visa Exemption (60 days) and Visa On Arrival (VOA) (15 days)

I am arriving from USA with USA Passport on 30 Sept and planning to return on 14 Nov. I have a plane ticket for those dates. Do I need ANY PAPERWORK or have to do anything special at the AP or at immigration in Pattaya or at the AP to extent my stay from 30 to 60 days - or does the AP check-in by immigration from the flight check me in from the  30 Sept to 14 Nov without any other action by me???????

49 minutes ago, dishman06 said:

I am arriving from USA with USA Passport on 30 Sept and planning to return on 14 Nov. I have a plane ticket for those dates. Do I need ANY PAPERWORK or have to do anything special at the AP or at immigration in Pattaya or at the AP to extent my stay from 30 to 60 days - or does the AP check-in by immigration from the flight check me in from the  30 Sept to 14 Nov without any other action by me???????

There is no 30 days anymore, it is 60days. Were you sleeping?

You are in the limit of 60 days and USA is on the list of 60 days VE. SO sit back, relax, you dont have to do a thing.

Spend your 44 days in Thailand hassle free.

https://washingtondc.thaiembassy.org/en/page/visaexempt-voajul2024

Some other tip for Thailand: not every lady is a woman and not every woman is a lady

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Keep in mind, they are not done yet with VE.

In december you probably need an ETA. It is said, EVERY time you enter Thailand on VE by land, sea or air.

You only get ETA if you are outside Thailand. You have to contact E visa site then. No valid ETA, no entrance.

Allegedly they are testing it first with Aussies.

However it s Thailand, so dont be amazed, it will be there for everybody, next month. 

The malaysian version lets you enter through some automated gate on your second entry. The first one requires you register at the booth. And they are calling it an "digital arrival card", kind of like the paper version that Thailand used before (TM6). I am hoping that the Thailand ETA will be something similar to this.

On this forum there is actually a thread about a member who explained how a visa run to malaysia is possible even with their own version of the ETA (MDAC). Apparently its enough to show that you have registered on the website and applied for one. You can read more here:

(Update: apparently the MDAC / ETA requirement has now been lifted from the land border.)

Edited by raz0r21
  • Thanks 1

It looks as if the 60 days more than cover my requirements as after 60 days I will be spending a week in Taiwan and then return to Thailand when I plan to stay one more month this is on a UK Passport. However my friend is on a German passport so am I right in assuming that he would get the initial 60 days then extend that by 30 days at the immigration office. Following that 90 days he would then fly to Laos for a couple of days then return to Bangkok and get another 60 days which can be extended for the 30 days at thew immigration office at the end of which he returns to Germany. If that is not feasible how could he cover the approx 6 months (16th Oct - 9th April) he wishes to stay.

17 hours ago, pitrevie said:

... However my friend is on a German passport so am I right in assuming that he would get the initial 60 days then extend that by 30 days at the immigration office. Following that 90 days he would then fly to Laos for a couple of days then return to Bangkok and get another 60 days which can be extended for the 30 days at thew immigration office at the end of which he returns to Germany. If that is not feasible how could he cover the approx 6 months (16th Oct - 9th April) he wishes to stay.

If he does not have a history of longer stays in Thailand in the recent past, and only does that schedule once per-year, then current reports indicate he would not be given problems upon-entry at the airport on his 2nd entry.

One change I would make, is do the trip to Laos after the first 60-days, instead of getting an extension - then, do the extension on the 2nd entry, if additional time is needed.  The reason is:

There is some indication Immigration at "unfriendly" entry points (including both Bangkok airports) do not like seeing 30-day extensions on the last recent stay, when returning in close succession to the last departure..

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2024 at 2:27 PM, vikc said:

Rob, can you please define close succession ? Will 5 months be in close succession to the last departure ?

Thanks

Cheers

I do not recall hearing anyone denied-entry that far away from a previous stay.   If you stayed over 6-months the previous year, they might make a fuss, but I would be surprised if denied-entry.