Sexual assault in an international school

pedro01

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

I couldn't give a <deleted> what his parents would think, should have raised their child better. My child's welfare is number one. 

Always listen to Internet hard men, they know how to deal with Thais. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)

Well, I'm a living proof of home schooling, but am not going to expose details.
Just to repeat after Will Smith 

It's a full time job to be a good dad.

My 5c: do some early profiling with your kid - what is he interesting about, and treat him/her like an adult.

Edited by NativeBob

One thing. I did speak to the father of the boy that had his scholarship revoked (we spoke b4 the scholarship was revoked).

He promised his kid would have his devices taken away - but the kid was still on social media. The kid even sent social media messages saying "my mom is angry but my dad's ok".

16 hours ago, Confuscious said:

To Mr Frits Seakingk,

Please specify:
The "multinational joke house":
NAME:................
ADDRESS: .................
PHONE:.......................
EMAIL:...........................

Do you really think I will let any idiot call or email the company i work for?

Troll

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Been dealing with Thai's for over 40 years, what about you?

Only 16. A mere 16. And clearly I learned far more in 16 than you did in 40 

The OP should heed my warning. To make matters worse he appears to now be dealing with at least three families. The wrong person emerges and he?I'll find himself in a very difficult position. 

But maybe he should listen to the Internet tough guys here. 

Everyone that's lived in Thailand knows forv40 yesrsxrecommends that farangs should go head-to-head with connected Thai's. Isn't that right? 

Idiot. 

Edited by theblether
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Another boy is suspended. This is the lad that touched her in the pool.  I spent a lot of time on the phone with his dad, who genuinely appears disgusted with his son's behaviour. 

He detailed the punishment his son will suffer over the long summer holidays - it is tortuous enough to believe his parents are putting in best efforts to prevent it recurring. He even told me "if you go to the police, we wont stand in your way" they told the kid the same thing.

well,  at least the wheels are turning ...  and it seems positive.  Good that the dad appears genuinely sincere enough and is disgusted in what his son did. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, theblether said:

Only 16. A mere 16. And clearly I learned far more in 16 than you did in 40 

The OP should heed my warning. To make matters worse he appears to now be dealing with at least three families. The wrong person emerges and he?I'll find himself in a very difficult position. 

But maybe he should listen to the Internet tough guys here. 

Everyone that's lived in Thailand knows forv40 yesrsxrecommends that farangs should go head-to-head with connected Thai's. Isn't that right? 

Idiot. 

I am still here in good health, so it works for some.

4 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Another boy is suspended. This is the lad that touched her in the pool.  I spent a lot of time on the phone with his dad, who genuinely appears disgusted with his son's behaviour. 

He detailed the punishment his son will suffer over the long summer holidays - it is tortuous enough to believe his parents are putting in best efforts to prevent it recurring. He even told me "if you go to the police, we wont stand in your way" they told the kid the same thing.

Good to hear.

On 6/4/2024 at 12:56 PM, Presnock said:

students are  usually international too with some locals mixed in usually of a richer family 

The better international schools are able to 'pick and choose' based on national quotas so that there are not to many of one single nationality to generate cliques. 

In my Son's school I do not think there is any one dominant nationality - Thai's are capped at 20% if I'm not mistaken and there is a large waiting list of very powerful people trying to get in.....  the rest is a fair equal split of other nationalities...  at a guess, perhaps about 50% of kids from G8 nations and the rest split from other nations, Indian, Singaporean, South American etc... 

Some kids of teachers kids, but not all...   its a good healthy mix of nationalities and the standards of education and facilities are outstanding.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, pedro01 said:

He promised his kid would have his devices taken away - but the kid was still on social media. The kid even sent social media messages saying "my mom is angry but my dad's ok".

We now have a clearer understanding of why this child believed he could escape the consequences of his actions: he has never received proper guidance or discipline from his parents.

It is commendable that the school is unequivocally conveying that such behavior is entirely unacceptable. However, it is concerning that the school appears to be suggesting that tuition-paying students may face less stringent consequences than scholarship students, which, in my opinion, is fundamentally unjust.

Regardless, this behavior demands an unwavering response. Your daughter should never have to encounter these boys again, and every other student at the school must be assured that they are in a safe environment.

All students need to know that such behavior will not be tolerated and that the repercussions will be swift and severe.

• Agree 2

On 6/2/2024 at 8:52 AM, Robert Paulson said:

Honestly anyone who is reporting to care about kids, wake me up when we start restricting their use. This is seriosuly ridiculous. Anyone who honest with themselves knows these devices are ruining kids lives. 

Any responsible parent understands how to utilise these devices (tablets, etc.) as both excellent educational tools and sources of entertainment.

Your sweeping generalisation, based on the lowest common denominator of your imagination, is as flawed as most of your comments.

Moreover, these devices have become an essential part of the educational syllabus. Children now need to have a laptop, iPad, or similar device for some of their lessons.

• Agree 2

Off topic posts and replies have been removed, here is the topic title again in case you forgot:

Sexual assault in an international school

Indeed, this thread went into something "I saw, I heard, My friend, my GF"

However  it is very sad that this happened to young girl, her father has to think how to wipe that trauma from her memory and don't let it happen again. 

4 hours ago, theblether said:

Yes.

Treading on very thin ice.

The family whose "dad is ok" serves as a very clear warning that things here may not be what they seem.

The rule here is: Always be very nice and friendly to your enemies!

• Haha 1