One-Third of the World Still Criminalizes Same-Sex Acts

11 hours ago, Social Media said:

life imprisonment for consensual same-sex acts

Lock then up in male prisons? Should do the trick.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

With these numbers, I'm surprised it's only 1/3, when half+ of the religious folks are against the alphabet folks ... :coffee1:

image.png.251df76f91e039f42b5ba64a00808410.png

No real surprises on the list below:

The list of countries that criminalize homosexuality

I wasn't aware that there was a unanimous opinion among Christians and Musllims. Here's some polling numbers from the United  States:

image.png.a81046888acf0253744b1dbdfe12cc68.png

https://www.pewresearch.org/religious-landscape-study/database/views-about-same-sex-marriage/

It looks like, at least among Americans, Muslims are more tolerant on the issue than are evangelical Protestants, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses and Black Protestants.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Interesting that they avoided mentioning any Muslim countries. 

I wonder why...

I think it's because it's not a Muslim only phenomena. In fact, it makes sense to highlight this fact. Most people are aware of the ultra conservative views of some Muslim countries, but sadly this backward thinking is not restricted to them. This article shows that bigotry exists on a wider plain than just the Islamic world.

I tend to think that nothing much good comes out of endlessly meddling in other sovereign nations affairs.....but the Neo-colonists can't help in can they? We have same sex marriage so you have to have it to? We no longer execute gays like we did 100 years ago so you have to stop it to. Well you Neo-colonists did the world a =huge disservice plundering the un developed world so why don't you bugger off?

On 6/1/2024 at 11:58 PM, placeholder said:

I wasn't aware that there was a unanimous opinion among Christians and Musllims. Here's some polling numbers from the United  States:

image.png.a81046888acf0253744b1dbdfe12cc68.png

https://www.pewresearch.org/religious-landscape-study/database/views-about-same-sex-marriage/

It looks like, at least among Americans, Muslims are more tolerant on the issue than are evangelical Protestants, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses and Black Protestants.

Just highlights my believe that most religious folks are a bit hypocritical, in so many ways.   Especially Catholics.   

Big difference from what is preached to what is practiced ... IMHO

Not that I'm deep into their believe, but some of headlines and their actions, lifestyles certainly differ.

On 6/2/2024 at 8:49 AM, RuamRudy said:

I think it's because it's not a Muslim only phenomena. In fact, it makes sense to highlight this fact. Most people are aware of the ultra conservative views of some Muslim countries, but sadly this backward thinking is not restricted to them. This article shows that bigotry exists on a wider plain than just the Islamic world.

Not Muslim only. But the hatred for sexual minorities in Muslim countries is nearly universal.  The only countries where being gay is a death penalty offense are Muslim.

10 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Not Muslim only. But the hatred for sexual minorities in Muslim countries is nearly universal.  The only countries where being gay is a death penalty offense are Muslim.

On 6/1/2024 at 4:30 AM, Social Media said:

Uganda, for example, has recently enacted one of the world's most severe anti-gay laws. This legislation imposes life imprisonment for consensual same-sex acts and introduces the death penalty for "aggravated homosexuality."

48 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If you look closely, the only areas of Uganda with the death penalty are the...wait for it.... Muslim provinces.

I am waiting for the world to sanction the majority of countries where these despicable laws are promulgated. Also places where gender apartheid is practiced. But I wont hold my breath.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 4:06 AM, Kinok Farang said:

Gays for Palestine.

Oh hang on a minute.

i am a gay guy that supports Palestinians and thir rights, so divided some of my land and let them in.sounds crazy right? They have been the best, humblest, down to earth people we have ever met. The only time we have ever had problems was a simple cultural dispute. One night they raped my wife and killed my baby children in an oven, cut off my wife's breast @s they raped her, took my kids hostage and uploaded it to the internet. Other than that everything is fine. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

i am a gay guy that supports Palestinians and thir rights, so divided some of my land and let them in.sounds crazy right? They have been the best, humblest, down to earth people we have ever met. The only time we have ever had problems was a simple cultural dispute. One night they raped my wife and killed my baby children in an oven, cut off my wife's breast @s they raped her, took my kids hostage and uploaded it to the internet. Other than that everything is fine. 

Hey, don't be so judgemental about another culture. All are equal, man... fly your freak flag!

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Hey, don't be so judgemental about another culture. All are equal, man... fly your freak flag!

I fly my rainbow flag right next to old glory just to keep it spicey.

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

How

could you possibly stick up for these savages?I'm guessing you are American because of your warped view of what is going on in Palestine.Your kids on college campuses over there are some of the stupidest people ever put on this earth.A generation of fxxk wits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

How

could you possibly stick up for these savages?I'm guessing you are American because of your warped view of what is going on in Palestine.Your kids on college campuses over there are some of the stupidest people ever put on this earth.A generation of fxxk wits.

Think I was assuming everyone caught a wiff of  /s with my writing. I'll try to be more direct next time.

And not American, but thanks for the compliment.

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Think I was assuming everyone caught a wiff of  /s with my writing. I'll try to be more direct next time.

And not American, but thanks for the compliment.

Anytime.