Pattaya Police Take Action Against Bars Operating Past Legal Hours

snoop1130

PattayaSignatureNightlifePubCrawlTour-KlookPhilippines.jpg

On June 2nd, Pattaya police raided four bars in different parts of the city following reports that these places were allegedly staying open past the legal operating hours. The bars were situated on Soi Kho Phai, South Pattaya Road, and Pattaya Third Road.

One bar in particular, a host bar, was discovered to be selling alcohol without the required licenses. Some of these bars were also selling beverages infused with kratom, a tropical evergreen tree native to Southeast Asia, without the necessary license.

The police have proceeded to file charges against these establishments. They are also considering permanently closing some of the bars, especially those that have repeatedly disregarded the law. However, the police have chosen not to disclose the names of these bars or the individuals involved due to ongoing legal action.

The legal closing times for bars in Pattaya vary based on their location and the specifics of their license. Typically, these establishments are allowed to stay open from midnight until 4AM.

The Pattaya police have vowed to keep a close watch on bar establishments and entertainment venues in the city to make sure they adhere to all Thai laws.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-04

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, kidneyw said:

No problem as they just change the name.

I am quite sure that it doesn't work that way as i have seen busy bars remain closed. I am sure that they would have re-opened if just a simple name change was required.

Just now, loong said:

I am quite sure that it doesn't work that way as i have seen busy bars remain closed. I am sure that they would have re-opened if just a simple name change was required.

Yes, but also bars that have been closed have been seen to reopen with a different name... I heard a new name was put onto the licences too... perhaps a bar owner could add more knowledgeable input. 

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The legal closing times for bars in Pattaya vary based on their location and the specifics of their license. Typically, these establishments are allowed to stay open from midnight until 4AM.

Really?

43 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think it refers to simply closing time... some have to close at midnight, some at 2am, some can go to 4am, all dependent on location and licence type. 

Yes, it could be edited to read "are allowed to stay open until between midnight to 4am."

It amazes me that if a bar is legally allowed to stay open until 4am why would they need to stay open longer. Kick the drunks out and close already

I may be biased ss usually home by 10pm 😉

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

It amazes me that if a bar is legally allowed to stay open until 4am why would they need to stay open longer. Kick the drunks out and close already

I may be biased ss usually home by 10pm 😉

There are a lot of Thais that work late and get off anywhere from 10PM until even 2AM. They are on a different internal clock compared to the old expats that are in bed by 10PM. They like to go out after work also.

The location of the bars in the story are where a lot of "Thai" clubs are. The misleading photo of Walking Street, which was not one of the areas named, was just another example of lazy journalism.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I think it refers to simply closing time... some have to close at midnight, some at 2am, some can go to 4am, all dependent on location and licence type. 

Nothing mentioned about brown envelopes then?

4 hours ago, Smokin Joe said:

There are a lot of Thais that work late and get off anywhere from 10PM until even 2AM. They are on a different internal clock compared to the old expats that are in bed by 10PM. They like to go out after work also.

The location of the bars in the story are where a lot of "Thai" clubs are. The misleading photo of Walking Street, which was not one of the areas named, was just another example of lazy journalism.

"A lot of Thais" = bar girls.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Didn't the government extend the hours recently to 4am? Or did they change their minds like with cannabis? I don't get out much and certainly not into the wee hours.

8 minutes ago, retarius said:

Didn't the government extend the hours recently to 4am? Or did they change their minds like with cannabis? I don't get out much and certainly not into the wee hours.

The bar was open after their nominal working hours.

48 minutes ago, retarius said:

The 4am is only for particular areas..... in Pattaya like Walking St, LK Metro etc, Entertainment Zones. 

"The bars were situated on Soi Kho Phai, South Pattaya Road, and Pattaya Third Road."

On 6/4/2024 at 2:07 PM, SportRider said:

Yes, it could be edited to read "are allowed to stay open until between midnight to 4am."

i love thai hotels that have signs....check out time 12 AM

so leave at midnight?