Has anyone had a good experience dating/marrying a bar girl or prostitute in Thailand?

1 minute ago, LS24 said:

You would love to learn how to do sex work? With plums as tiny as yours? You couldn't make ends meet as a rent boy. Sure people would use you. They wouldn't pay and they'd no doubt just laugh if you asked for cash.

obsessed much?

bob.

58 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Quality comment mate. 

I found this comment recently on another thread, this guy has got himself a virgin, a cashier I'm sure. 😂

My first GF of 4 years in Bkk was a dancer, got out for a bit and went back into same bar as a cashier. I pity anyone that thinks a cashier isn't, or wasn't on the game.

BTW, the gogo is still there, though it has changed a lot. My tilac worked at Tilac bar on Cowboy.

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There are some of us who make mistakes and then they realize that they make mistakes and then they learn from that.

And then there are others who also make mistakes, but they are so full of themselves that they don't want to realize that they ever made any mistakes...

I've made many mistakes in my life but I am not a mug.

there's a difference.

bob.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I pity anyone that thinks a cashier isn't, or wasn't on the game.

I knew and know a couple of cashiers who are exactly that, cashiers.

One was a bartender, others started as cashiers.

Not everybody is same same, some are a little different.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I knew and know a couple of cashiers who are exactly that, cashiers.

One was a bartender, others started as cashiers.

Not everybody is same same, some are a little different.

I don't doubt that, but I'd never have trusted any girl worked in a bar that claimed she hadn't been with customers but was willing to go with me.

Q What is the worst feeling when with a BG for the night after doing the hokey pokey?

A realising she had been with someone else for a ST before.

I know they do, but I like it to have had a rest for a day before me.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Unless you met your partner in high school, there's no way of knowing what her previous occupations were, or how many men she had.

But the divorce rate is over 50% indicating to me most women don't make good life partners.

At least you know a hooker isn't averse to sex!

In comparison marrying that young educated Christian virgin from a good family may well be a taking bigger chance.

Says to me that foreigners coming to Thailand do not make good life partners either

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

lifetime companionship is probably the biggest benefit... - having a loving history and sharing family and children together... having someone to love and care about, who just might feel the same about you...

I see Kramer went red? Finally out of the closet? Good for him...  be true to yourself and your rainbow colors. 

Good that your wife or girlfriend is different.

King Charles liked the painting too

Screenshot_2024-06-06-14-36-12-749_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't doubt that, but I'd never have trusted any girl worked in a bar that claimed she hadn't been with customers but was willing to go with me.

Q What is the worst feeling when with a BG for the night after doing the hokey pokey?

A realising she had been with someone else for a ST before.

I know they do, but I like it to have had a rest for a day before me.

You certainly don't want to be stirring somebody else's porridge.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Obviously, there are cashiers who go with customers.

But I wonder why a girl would sit for hours behind the cash drawer, work (often) hard all night, if she is not primary a cashier.

If she would go regularly with customers, then she would make multiple times the money from that compared from counting money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

you married a bar girl as well??

bob.

Of course I am bob.  All married expats married bargirls don't 'cha know? 

Just curious - did your 'wife' prostitute herself to marry you.  You know - selling her p**** for financial security?  Just saying...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, connda said:

Of course I am bob.  All married expats married bargirls don't 'cha know? 

Just curious - did your 'wife' prostitute herself to marry you.  You know - selling her p**** for financial security?  Just saying...

if you knew me in real life then you would know how ridiculous that statement you just made actually is!

bob.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

if you knew me in real life then you would know how ridiculous that statement you just made actually is!

bob.

We know your AN alter-ego quite well.  :wink:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Marrying a whore who has sucked off hundreds from all nationalities and had thousands through her other orificies, probably a kid or two and mentally damaged, no thanks.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I met my gf in a bar. She was the cutest dancer on stage. I took her out of the bar, and we are mostly happy together since many years.

She had just started to work in a bar, her bigger sister decided that is what she should do.

When my gf was out of the bar she didn't miss it, because she was not used to bar girl life for years.

I also know other couples where the girl or woman worked in a bar, some for many years. Some of those relationships work just fine, others not so much.

I think it is mostly a question of expectations. If both have a good idea what to expect, and what not, then that is fine. I think guys who live here since many years and frequent bars have mostly a good idea what to expect. Some of them know their girl a long time before they become a couple.

Guys who just arrive have mostly no idea what to expect - and obviously get it wrong.

And then there is the big question of what is the big difference between bar girls and "normal" girls. Lots of non-bargirls also want a rich guy and money. And some of them also f*$#^ed around with the highest bidder before they settled. IMHO the idea that a normal girl is always better than a bargirl is just wrong. Maybe she is, but maybe not. It's a question of the individual person and not a group of people.

Last but not least, what I like about the idea with bargirls is that it's easy to meet hundreds of them in person. Go to a bar, look at them, make eye contact, buy them a drink, and if you like her take her out. Maybe for an hour or a night or a week on the beach and look where it goes.

Obviously there will be lots of bar girls who are not what you want. Mostly you will know that before you bought her the 2nd drink. So, move on, look for another one. 

'She had just started to work in a bar'

Well that's what they all say, some people actually believe them!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ebumbu said:

To which she answered, "I know I'm not a prostitute. That's why I charge more!" 

Someone should tell her what the definition of a prostitute is. 555

2 hours ago, connda said:

Define "prostitute."

Most women I've met could fall into that category other than hard-core feminists.  It's amazing how "wet" a Western farang gal can get for a wealthy, handsome guy especially one who is also a total Dick Richard, or a band member, or pro athlete, or socially connected, or economically connected.  Off come the skirt and it's horizontal mambo time.

Then you come to a third-world or developing world country where the concept of Christian-morality isn't at the top of anyone's list.  Even here in Thailand what is considered to be "traditional conservative Thai values" were in fact Western conservative Christian values that were imposed on the Thai natives by the leader of the 1932 Siamese Revolution by the military leader Plaek Phibunsongkhram.  He implemented the "Thai Great Tradition" and the "12 Thai Cultural Mandates".  The mandates go a long way in explaining Thailand nationalism as well as their dislike and distrust of foreigners especially at the elite levels of society.  Well, not that many farangs study history nowadays, no less Thai history.

But back to conservatism. 
Thai_culture_poster.PNG.e0b65b647e738b82c742730c16ef1912.PNG

What is pronounced a Thai cultural conservatism in dress and action was actually the result of Thai cultural mandate Number 10 implemented circa Jan 15, 1941.

• "Thai people should not appear at public gatherings, in public places, or in city limits without being appropriately dressed. Inappropriate dress includes wearing only underpants, wearing no shirt, or wearing a wraparound cloth."
  • "Appropriate dress for Thai people consists of:
    • "Uniforms, as position and opportunity permits;
    • "Polite international-style attire;
    • "Polite traditional attire."

So essentially in one fell swoop - just like that - Thais were mandated to embrace Western attire and Western morality.  This was force on them by their military "leaders."  Thai conservatism isn't an "organic" occurrence.  It was mandated.  (Caveat - some of those outlawed dress styles like "wraparound cloth" became culturally appropriate post 2014 with Prayut in charge as Thai began to re-embrace their culture dress from the past.)

So you now have a very conflicted society, one that on the surface espouses conservatism in dress and morals, but underneath the facade? 

Giks, mia nois, shower massages (òp-àap-nuat), curtain hotels, karaoke bars (you think they just sing?) and that's basically a Thai cultural phenomenon geared for Thai men and one that is "Shhhhhh" rather disavowed unless you interact with Thai culture and society at a deeper level than foreign tourists, or even expats, encounter.

Then there is the bar scene geared specifically toward farangs and other foreign men.  And this scene gets all the attention in the press ("Don't look at the Giks, mia nois, shower massages (òp-àap-nuat), curtain hotels, karaoke bars - look at the bad farang sex-pats!!!")
So the gals who engage in the farang bar scene obtain the hypocritical labels Western men reserve for "loose women," e.g. "whores, prostitutes, sluts, etc," which of course is actually reflective of Western Christian morality.  "But I'm an Athetist!  Grrrr."  Yeah, but you reflect Christian morality with your actions and your language, "Bar-girls are all Whores!"  and "yada yada yada." 

Now - "Go native" and live here long enough outside the confines of farang gated communities and farang social clubs - and you see the realities pretty clearly: Sex in Thailand is a commodity and its widely for sale. Those engaged in the sex trade could be your next door neighbor (gigs and mia nois).  In the cities your next door neighbor could be working in karaoke bars or in shower massages.  The perky little university gal living in the next apartment over could be a side-line girl in a shower massage to pick up a quick 1000 THB before heading to the clubs, or finding sugar daddies on Tinder and other social media platforms.  Even your female "caddy" at your golf course probably makes significantly more money from her after hours liaisons with her day-time clients by "straighten your putter" on the 19th hole rather than what she makes by handing you your putter on the 18th hole.

But for the average expat or tourist closeted in their own cultural and social worlds - you don't see what is below the surface in plain sight. 

So do "bar-girls" make a "good date" or a "good wife?"  Well - as good as any Thai women who works in that particular trade be it in the Western farang community or the Thai male community.  It has a lot more to do with true Thai "culture" than it does a Thai woman's temporary choice of rather lucrative jobs.

Excellent post

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

One of the worst scammer I ever met was the "nice" Thai girl playin' the long game

All lies in the end. Freelancers from a discotheque  more honest 

the long game     consists of about 8 months?