Deadly Debt Argument Results in Burmese Man Being Shot at Khon Kaen Hospital

snoop1130

360_F_165468681_dPwwSeolGosswVGPXk0qu5M5zqAzd3b7.jpg

A man from Burma was shot and killed at Khon Kaen Hospital in Isaan, Thailand, while he was awaiting surgery. The incident happened last night, and the motive behind the killing is suspected to be a debt dispute.

The shooting happened at around 11 PM on June 6 in a male ward on the hospital's fifth floor. The 29-year-old victim, Kyaw Swar Aong, got shot in the back of his neck. Despite hospital staff's efforts, he couldn't be saved.

The victim's Thai girlfriend reported that Aong was in the hospital to receive surgery for a back tumor scheduled for June 7. She was caring for him at the hospital when the shooting happened.

While the girlfriend says she doesn't know why Aong was shot, she confirmed that issues like jealousy or extramarital affairs were not involved in their four-year relationship. Furthermore, she added that Aong was not known to have conflicts with friends or colleagues. However, she noted that he owed 12,000 baht to a coworker, suggesting this debt may have been the reason for the murder.

The Superintendent of Mueang Khon Kaen Police Station, Yotsawat Karesuebthayanich, reported that the shooter posed as Aong's relative to learn about his whereabouts from the hospital staff before the murder. The police visited Aong's workplace to question the coworker to whom he owed money, but the person was not there. The police are now searching for this person as a possible suspect in the case.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-07

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Muang Khon Kaen Police Station has offered a reward of 10,000 baht for the capture of the gunman.

Police released a picture of the suspect and said after the shooting he just walked out and drove away in a four-door pickup truck.

IMG_3137.jpeg

IMG_3136.jpeg

IMG_3138.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately some Thai people ( a lot) ( most) ( nearly all) only think of today, he now gets no chance of getting his 12.000 back and has ruined his  and others lives, probably after a night on the turps. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just a thought, if the police had given the 10.000 reward to the gunman he would probably of accepted that before the shooting and saved all this trouble, I stress it's only a thought I had. 

• Agree 1

Another life, this one worth $326 USD. Last week one died for 20 baht. All throughout my life here, people are killed, daily, over little to nothing. The jails kept full of those thinking another's life was meaningless. Reason number 43 why I will move, with my daughter, back home as soon as possible. Hopefully something will be done soon, to teach some here that life is precious, that you only get once chance, and you're not coming back if you fail at this one.

• Like 1

Thai media are reporting that the suspected shooter is a Police Sergeant Major, serving with Khon Kaen Provincial Police, and has been arrested and in custody.

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Another life, this one worth $326 USD. Last week one died for 20 baht. All throughout my life here, people are killed, daily, over little to nothing. The jails kept full of those thinking another's life was meaningless. Reason number 43 why I will move, with my daughter, back home as soon as possible. Hopefully something will be done soon, to teach some here that life is precious, that you only get once chance, and you're not coming back if you fail at this one.

Correct. Moving out of Thailand will become more and more reality. This country don’t have anymore respect of  the life of human. Nowaday killing somebody for no reason seems to become a daily routine and unfortunately the government do nothing to avoid this

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Well he won't get his 12,000 baht back, but he might get a long stretch in jail... strange thinking..

But he discourage the guy to borrow money (mafia style) and not pay back if this was the case,

Thai media reported.

“The gunman is Police Sergeant Tek or Weeraphong (surname withheld), 35 years old, a police officer at Phra Yuen Police Station, Khon Kaen Province He has surrendered himself to the Provincial Police Commander of Khon Kaen Province. Police Sergeant Tek's father was the one who led him to surrender in the early morning hours. 

Police investigators took the clothes he had worn on the day of the incident, a 9 mm firearm, a shoulder bag and a black 4-door pickup truck, Ford brand, parked inside a house in the area. Manchakhiri District, Khon Kaen Province.

Currently, he is in the process of being detained for further investigation at the Khon Kaen Provincial Investigation Division in order to understand the reasons for the murder of the Myanmar worker. 

The Police commander told reporters, that Police Sergeant Tek moved from Weluwan Police Station to Phra Yuen Police Station. He is a good worker, but has some health problems. He is sick with coronary artery disease and has to continually see a doctor and receive medicine to treat the illness.”

Murdering someone over 12k, how ludicrous is that, and thinking he will not get caught. 

Hows gun control going then PM ? Oh we need more Tourists ok, then ignore it. Wonker !

4 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

35 years old, a police officer at Phra Yuen Police Station, Khon Kaen Province He has surrendered himself

Oh well that's ok then 50% discount for pleading guilty to murder should be out in 8 with good conduct.                         ^   Time to stop this stupidity but TIT. 

5 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

First you have to convince them the afterlife is not a good deal

1 hour ago, Almer said:

First you have to convince them the afterlife is not a good deal

Only thing anyone has is faith. Faith there's a heaven waiting for believers, and maybe something not so good for those that don't. Enlightenment may not be all it's cracked up to be.

Thai media reported.

“Pol. Maj. Gen. Anuwat Khon Kaen Provincial Police Chief said the suspect was in a state of stress and confused when being questioned.

The accused told police he went to visit his father. who has been receiving treatment at Khon Kaen Hospital since June 4, 2024, and was the same room as the deceased, who was waiting to undergo surgery. The accused's father's bed was next to the deceased's bed , and the suspect claimed that the deceased had talked and harassed his father, so he used his firearm to shoot him.

The deceased and the accused did not knew each other before the shooting. Police said there will be further questioning to ensure the story is correct. Additionally police asked the suspect about his medical history and found out that he was suffering from depression. but lacked any medication.”

• Thanks 1