IDF Rescue Four Israeli Hostages in Central Gaza Raid

19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

First question is a bit silly.

Second question, I’d by irate with the IDF and swear to get revenge.
Closer to home, if the British army killed my children  and others at the same time as killing an IRA terrorist, I’d join the IRA.

Freedom comes at a cost.

Makes one wonder though... WHY would Hamas keep hostages in an area where they are surrounded by women and children?  

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Necessary measures taken to free the hostages .

Bare in mind that quite a number of those killed would have been Hamas operatives  guarding the hostages 

If Hamas had not taken the hostages in the first place, held them captive in houses in a built up area, and ensured that civilians were not used to shield those guarding the hostages, then there wouldn't have been any casualties.

Of course what we don't hear from Hamas is how many of those killed were their fighters - Israel suggests around 20.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

If Hamas had not taken the hostages in the first place, held them captive in houses in a built up area, and ensured that civilians were not used to shield those guarding the hostages, then there wouldn't have been any casualties.

Of course what we don't hear from Hamas is how many of those killed were their fighters - Israel suggests around 20.

If you were Hamas, where would you keep the hostages? Somewhere easy to get?

Of course one can't believe what Israel says but if it were 20, that is around 10-1 targets v civilians(including children) -  is this OK in your book?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

If the hostages had been your family members or your Significant Other, how would you feel when they were rescued?

If the civilians who were killed in the crossfire had been your family members, wouldn't you be irate at Hamas for putting your family in danger?

Many have condemned Israel for continuing mass killing of civilians. Personally I question the necessity - seems to be politically motivated to keep Netanyahu in power.

The Israelis were well aware of civilians in the area due to being declared a safe zone' To be blunt after declaring the safe zone and 

civilian member/s of my family were killed I too would be willing to pick up a rifle. It is known killing of family civilians / friends contributes to those joining in military action. Have to wait and see if Israel's action will lead to further wilful killings of hostages by the likes of Hamas.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, simple1 said:

Good news, four hostages rescued in good medical health. On the downside heavy civilian deaths and injuries. IMO Israel is losing good will with it's continuous mass killing and injuries of civilians. From the above URL...

In a news briefing, a spokesman for the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital said at least 55 killed people and dozens wounded were brought to the barely functioning medical facility following the Israeli attacks on Deir el-Balah.

Al Jazeera now say 210 killed and 400 injured. 

Gaza’s Government Media Office says the “Israeli massacre” at the Nuseirat refugee camp in central Gaza killed 210 Palestinians and wounded more than 400.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/6/9/israels-war-on-gaza-live-nightmare-as-hospital-copes-with-nuseirat-dead

• Confused 1

Update: How Israel Freed Four Hostages and Granted a Dying Wish

image.png

The rescue mission, described as “the ultimate surprise” by the Israeli military, was carried out in broad daylight within one of the most densely populated refugee camps in the world. It involved undercover operatives from Yamam, the elite anti-terrorism unit of the Israeli police, and Shin Bet, Israel's internal security service. The complexity and danger of the mission were immense, as the hostages were held in heavily guarded rooms within buildings also occupied by Gazan civilian families.

Rear-Admiral Daniel Hagari, briefing journalists after the mission, compared it to the legendary Entebbe raid of 1976. The Israeli intelligence had discovered the hostages’ locations two weeks prior, and meticulous planning ensued. Models were created to simulate the mission, knowing that there was always a risk that the hostages could be moved or killed before the rescue could be executed.

The tension reached its peak when IDF Chief of Staff Herzi Halevi gave the go-ahead at 11:25 AM. The raid commenced simultaneously on both buildings where the hostages were held. Argamani’s captors were quickly neutralized, and she was swiftly taken to a waiting helicopter on the beach. The extraction of the three other hostages—Almog Meir Jan, 22, Andrey Kozlov, 27, and Shlomi Ziv, 41—was more perilous, involving a fierce gunfight that left Chief Inspector Arnon Zmora critically wounded.

As the operatives and hostages made their way to the beach, they faced intense fire from terrorists armed with rocket-propelled grenades. Despite these challenges, the mission was successful, and all four hostages were safely flown out of Gaza. The daring rescue provided a much-needed morale boost to Israel, a nation that had been feeling increasingly isolated and despondent.

The impact of the rescue was profound. Benny Gantz, a key member of Israel’s war cabinet, postponed his resignation, which he had planned due to frustrations with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s handling of postwar plans. Instead, Gantz joined the nation in celebrating the hostages' return, a moment that united Israelis in relief and joy.

In Tel Aviv, the announcement of the rescue on a popular beach was met with cheers and applause, highlighting the collective sense of triumph and hope that the operation brought. Netanyahu praised the courage and resourcefulness of the Israeli forces, reiterating Israel's commitment to not surrendering to terrorism and continuing efforts to bring all hostages home.

The international response was also positive. President Joe Biden, speaking from Paris, pledged continued American support to ensure the safe return of all hostages and emphasized the importance of reaching a ceasefire. French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Olaf Scholz also expressed their congratulations, recognizing the operation as a significant sign of hope.

image.png

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant hailed the mission as one of the most heroic operations he had witnessed in his 47 years of service. The rescue of Noa Argamani and the three other hostages was not only a tactical success but also a poignant moment of fulfillment of a dying mother’s wish to see her daughter again, symbolizing the resilience and determination of the Israeli people in the face of adversity.

U.S. Intelligence Helped Israel Rescue Four Hostages in Gaza

Intelligence collection and analysis teams from the U.S. and the U.K. have been in Israel throughout the war.  A team of American hostage recovery officials stationed in Israel assisted the Israeli military’s effort to rescue the four captives by providing intelligence and other logistical support, one American official said, speaking without attribution to discuss the sensitive operation.

Intelligence collection and analysis teams from the United States and Britain have been in Israel throughout the war, assisting Israeli intelligence in collecting and analyzing information related to the hostages, some of them citizens of both countries, according to a senior Israeli defense official familiar with the effort to locate and rescue the hostages. Two Israeli intelligence officials said the American military officials in Israel provided some of the intelligence about the hostages rescued Saturday.

Credit New York Times - The Times 2024-06-10

news-logo-btm.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Closer to home, if the British army killed my children  and others at the same time as killing an IRA terrorist, I’d join the IRA.

Freedom comes at a cost.

If someone took your children hostage and kept them hostage for 7 months , would you use any means necessary to get them back and freed ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Al Jazeera now say 210 killed and 400 injured. 

Gaza’s Government Media Office says the “Israeli massacre” at the Nuseirat refugee camp in central Gaza killed 210 Palestinians and wounded more than 400.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/6/9/israels-war-on-gaza-live-nightmare-as-hospital-copes-with-nuseirat-dead

Your Al-Jazeera  link states that . 

"Israel’s raid on Nuseirat refugee camp has caused outrage, with the EU calling it “a massacre”

I have searched online and nowhere can I see that the E.U have called it a "massacre" .

Can you provide the actual link to where the E.U called it a massacre ?

Al-Jazeera seem to be lying about their claim 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

If the hostages had been your family members or your Significant Other, how would you feel when they were rescued?

If the civilians who were killed in the crossfire had been your family members, wouldn't you be irate at Hamas for putting your family in danger?

If your family member wasn't one of the 4 they rescued, how would you feel about their chances of surviving the likely retribution?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm very happy for the families of these 4 hostages. I have a daughter the same age as Noa and worry if she is 1 hour late home!  It looks like they were treated well by their Hamas captors. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

I'm very happy for the families of these 4 hostages. I have a daughter the same age as Noa and worry if she is 1 hour late home!  It looks like they were treated well by their Hamas captors. 

Weren't they lucky, what about the dozens that were not, and the ones they killed for no reason..............?  :ermm:

Surprise, surprise................not

Former hostage Noa Argamani was held hostage for 8 months in home of AL JAZEERA JOURNALIST. The 26 year old was held in the home of Abdallah Aljamal, a Gaza based reporter and photojournalist for the Qatar owned network- according to Israeli newspaper Israel Hayom. As Israeli special forces raided the home the Al Jazeera journalist and several members of his family attempted to prevent the Israeli woman’s rescue and were reportedly killed. Source: Israel Hayom

image.png.9a74abd8b074371cb4a1576be90933ea.png

https://x.com/OliLondonTV/status/1799741108659843074

Report: Noa Argamani was held in Al Jazeera reporter's apartment
Arab journalist Abdallah Aljamal killed while reportedly attempting to prevent the rescue of a female hostage he held captive in his apartment.

According to the report, Noa was held by Abdallah Aljamal, "a photojournalist and writer/editor for both Al-Jazeera and the Palestinian Chronicle.

The Palestinian Chronicle reported that Aljamal was one of the Gazans who was killed during the rescue, which it called the "Nuseirat massacre." OSIM reported that Aljamal and several members of his family were killed while attempting to prevent the rescue.

Noa was held in a separate apartment and a different building from Andrey Kozlov, Shlomi Ziv, and Almog Meir Jan, who were rescued at the same time.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/391303

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Treated well!! What you mean these innocent hostages were lucky enough to be held against their will for more than 8 months, many of their friends murdered but so long as they were treated well eh, unlike all the others in dark tunnels from hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Freedom comes at a cost.

Wow you're easily persuaded to become a terrorist. The British army would not have intended to kill your children..

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Wow you're easily persuaded to become a terrorist. The British army would not have intended to kill your children..

But if you had joined the IRA they would have had you, within weeks of not less.

On 6/8/2024 at 7:24 PM, simple1 said:

Good news, four hostages rescued in good medical health. On the downside heavy civilian deaths and injuries. IMO Israel is losing good will with it's continuous mass killing and injuries of civilians. From the above URL...

In a news briefing, a spokesman for the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital said at least 55 killed people and dozens wounded were brought to the barely functioning medical facility following the Israeli attacks on Deir el-Balah.

274 now dead from the massacre.

https://aje.io/lf1bhd

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The British army would not have intended to kill your children..

i think it might be tough in almost any situation for a parent to be holding their dead child to care about intent. all they would be thinking about is that their child is dead because of that solider. 

please do not spin this into anything other than me commenting on a parent and a dead child. regardless of the side it is on that loss is one of the worst things a human can go through. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

274 now dead from the massacre.

https://aje.io/lf1bhd

Al Jazeera is possibly not to be trusted, given that the female hostage was being held in the house of one of their journalists!

Still, if you have lost what could probably be described as one of your lead hostages - a pretty girl, with a heart rending back story of a dying mother hoping against hope to see her again before she dies - creating "a massacre" at least gives you something I suppose.

Mind you, if there indeed had been killing on that scale (which I I don't for a minute believe) what were two children doing playing unconcerned in the wreckage?

Cynical, Moi?

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Al Jazeera is possibly not to be trusted, given that the female hostage was being held in the house of one of their journalists!

Says who? 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1