Non Imm O Application 10/6/24

My previous Retirment visa expired in May while I was outside Thailand so I went today to the Kalasin Imm. office with all my paperwork to get another Non-Imm O visa.

Seems rules have changed and I also need pictures (4) of wifey and me at the house.

Seems when you don't renew your Retirement visa it is cancelled (fair enough), but it's taken off the computer system as well, so the Imm guy, first of all didn't check all my previous extensions in my passport, then couldn't find any records on the computer.

So I was told they would visit our house to check we live there in about a month. But, I can in on a visa-on-arrival and only 30 days of which 8 days were used up.

These things usually work out, so after lots of talk Imm gave me my Non-Imm O subject to me bringing in the 4 photos tomorrow.

I post this just to let people know applying for the Non-Imm O visa is not just having the B800000 in the bank and filling in the correct TM form, you also now need a house inspection and photos, so you need longer than 30 tourist visa.

Lovely people in immigration Kalasin, but the staff have been moved around. The back office staff are now in the front office. Also the entrance to Imm parking is now the exit.

• Confused 3

13 hours ago, carlyai said:

My previous Retirment visa expired in May while I was outside Thailand so I went today to the Kalasin Imm. office with all my paperwork to get another Non-Imm O visa.

Seems rules have changed and I also need pictures (4) of wifey and me at the house.

Seems when you don't renew your Retirement visa it is cancelled (fair enough), but it's taken off the computer system as well, so the Imm guy, first of all didn't check all my previous extensions in my passport, then couldn't find any records on the computer.

So I was told they would visit our house to check we live there in about a month. But, I can in on a visa-on-arrival and only 30 days of which 8 days were used up.

These things usually work out, so after lots of talk Imm gave me my Non-Imm O subject to me bringing in the 4 photos tomorrow.

I post this just to let people know applying for the Non-Imm O visa is not just having the B800000 in the bank and filling in the correct TM form, you also now need a house inspection and photos, so you need longer than 30 tourist visa.

Lovely people in immigration Kalasin, but the staff have been moved around. The back office staff are now in the front office. Also the entrance to Imm parking is now the exit.

Your post is a bit off base as your complaining about a normal process that imm officers go thru on a situation like you describe.. Your past history has little or nothing to do with your current situation and the items and process requested is normal. The process has not changed in quite a while 

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems your immigration office has been extremely helpful and cut you lot of slack. 

You are confused with the procedure.

I use this office and, indeed, they are very helpful. The front desk/receptionist chap particularly so. He recently phoned us on a Saturday evening to say my marriage extension was ready, and when we went there my wife asked him why he called on Saturday, and he said he often worked on Saturdays and even took work home sometimes to work on Sundays. Good man. He even smiles, and when I made my application he pointed out that the person sitting next to me was a fellow Londoner who I then got talking with.

The OP is also confused by the parking arrangements. The entrance and exit are together, on each side of the hut containing the man who gives you a ticket on the way in and collects your 10 baht or so on the way out.

• Love It 1

I am confused.  A ""Retirement Visa"" where you need documents from / with your ""wife"".

You also mentioned 800,000 in the bank.  One of the requirements for a  "RETIREMENT" extension.

I had "extensions of stay" based on RETIREMENT for 8 + years - NO WIFE. Many people get "extensions of stay" based on RETIREMENT, although they are married - you only must meet the "extension" requirements for retirement, extensions of stay based on marriage have more requirements and paperwork.

I think you are working on getting a extension based on marriage. NOT retirement.

8 hours ago, edwardflory said:

I am confused.  A ""Retirement Visa"" where you need documents from / with your ""wife"".

You also mentioned 800,000 in the bank.  One of the requirements for a  "RETIREMENT" extension.

I had "extensions of stay" based on RETIREMENT for 8 + years - NO WIFE. Many people get "extensions of stay" based on RETIREMENT, although they are married - you only must meet the "extension" requirements for retirement, extensions of stay based on marriage have more requirements and paperwork.

I think you are working on getting a extension based on marriage. NOT retirement.

No.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I use this office and, indeed, they are very helpful. The front desk/receptionist chap particularly so. He recently phoned us on a Saturday evening to say my marriage extension was ready, and when we went there my wife asked him why he called on Saturday, and he said he often worked on Saturdays and even took work home sometimes to work on Sundays. Good man. He even smiles, and when I made my application he pointed out that the person sitting next to me was a fellow Londoner who I then got talking with.

The OP is also confused by the parking arrangements. The entrance and exit are together, on each side of the hut containing the man who gives you a ticket on the way in and collects your 10 baht or so on the way out.

The entrance and exits to the immigration compound have changed since I visited last, not the internal parking.

Today Tuesday I took back the 4 pictures plus a map to the house requested by immigration and they were pasted onto A4 sheets for my new file.

My passport has a pending stamp in it (under consideration).

When Imm inspect the house and talk to neibours I will again go to Kalisin for the Retirement Visa and Multiple re-entry stamp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carlyai said:

The entrance and exits to the immigration compound have changed since I visited last, not the internal parking.

Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. There is no immigration compound, nor internal (as in inside) parking. There is an outdoor parking area in front of the building where immigration is housed along with other offices, which is used by anyone who wants to pay to use it, including those visiting the nearby market, and it is not 'owned' by immigration and is not part of any 'compound'. I wonder if you are even talking about Kalasin immigration, as what you describe  bears no resemblance to the place I know.

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. There is no immigration compound, nor internal (as in inside) parking. There is an outdoor parking area in front of the building where immigration is housed along with other offices, which is used by anyone who wants to pay to use it, including those visiting the nearby market, and it is not 'owned' by immigration and is not part of any 'compound'. I wonder if you are even talking about Kalasin immigration, as what you describe  bears no resemblance to the place I know.

Right.

Anyway the entrance and exit to the thing have changed since I last visited. 😉

I used to enter and exit from the main road near the parking attendant box, now this is marked Exit.

1 minute ago, carlyai said:

Right.

Anyway the entrance and exit to the thing have changed since I last visited. 😉

I used to enter and exit from the main road near the parking attendant box, now this is marked Exit.

Gotcha! The road to the parking area has changed traffic direction. Interesting. I've used the IO there since not long after it opened and have always entered from the narrow end.

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Gotcha! The road to the parking area has changed traffic direction. Interesting. I've used the IO there since not long after it opened and have always entered from the narrow end.

Glad we worked that out or I wouldn't have been able to sleep tonight. 🙂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, carlyai said:

No.

You will find out soon enough, tomorrow when you pick up your passport.

Who knows, perhaps something you said in your conversation with the immigration official gave him the impression that you wished to apply for a non-O visa for the reason of living with your Thai wife. If you have a copy of the application form you sumitted you can check what got written there.

On 6/10/2024 at 12:24 PM, carlyai said:

Yes, when applying domestically for a non-O based on retirement they do check carefully where you are living, and about wife if you are married. It might be easier to apply for a non-O from abroad.

The non-O rules for domestically visa-application say (among others): "Rental Agreement between the Applicant and the Landlord; A copy of house registration. Location map of the house and a rental receipt Past three months."
(Source link, pdf, HERE)

I have a friend who a few months ago applied domestically for non-O,  and living in his wife's house. They did an awful lot of checking on the address, as he did not have a rental agreement, nor being registered in a Yellow House Book. He supplied 35 photos, which wasn't enough, and finally the immigration performed a home visit, before they accepting his non-O-application.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Maestro said:

You will find out soon enough, tomorrow when you pick up your passport.

Who knows, perhaps something you said in your conversation with the immigration official gave him the impression that you wished to apply for a non-O visa for the reason of living with your Thai wife. If you have a copy of the application form you sumitted you can check what got written there.

I initially made wrong assumptions before appɔying. I contacted this forum for advice and that being (what I thought) was to come in to Thailand, get stamped in (which I thought meant I was a tourist) then fill in the TM form applying for   Non-Imm O. I also thought I had 60 day as came in on 2 June.

Imm office was initially hesitant until they checked my records (which had been removed from the computer system) and found I had years of non-imm visa extensions and this was the first time my visa had expired while overseas getting lumbar to thorasic fusion. 

I'm not critical of the advice received or anything, just writing my experience for other members. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Yes, when applying domestically for a non-O based on retirement they do check carefully where you are living, and about wife if you are married. It might be easier to apply for a non-O from abroad.

The non-O rules for domestically visa-application say (among others): "Rental Agreement between the Applicant and the Landlord; A copy of house registration. Location map of the house and a rental receipt Past three months."
(Source link, pdf, HERE)

I have a friend who a few months ago applied domestically for non-O,  and living in his wife's house. They did an awful lot of checking on the address, as he did not have a rental agreement, nor being registered in a Yellow House Book. He supplied 35 photos, which wasn't enough, and finally the immigration performed a home visit, before they accepting his non-O-application.

Thanks for that link, that's exactly what I had to do.

I don't think many here are familiar with this link.

• Thanks 1

Your experience as you related it was confusing both for you and for people here trying to reply. Your first mistake was to come here and ask as many times you get very conflicting replies depending on the facts you relate about your situation. Imm Office is the place to find out what is needed for that office as they are not always the same office to office. 

On 6/11/2024 at 11:14 PM, khunPer said:

It might be easier to apply for a non-O from abroad.

YES.  Always do this, if one can get a 90-Day Non-O Visa in your country on the basis of retirement before coming to Thailand.  Not to be confused with the Non-OA Visa, which locks you into an insurance nightmare.

• Thumbs Up 1