She changed the aircon again. Time for divorce?

15 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Serious replies only please.

Ouch man! That´s gonna be really hard in your case judging out of your complete post. However, it was the only funny sentence anyway.

So, you think about divorcing your wife, because of an air con issue??? A real man do NOT post something like that.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Like most Thai women they hammer away at the aircon remote.  21 if we have guests.  27 if its nightime.  Turned off if we bought durian.  29 and fan if the family drunken slob lost his job again and needs a cash loan.  But 27 and low fan speed?  Is this grounds for divorce?

My serious reply:

"Like most Thai women". 

Misogyny doesn't work well with women, especially those one is married to!

40 minutes ago, nakhonandy said:

He shouldn't give up his day job to become a comedian as it's not remotely amusing. 

Well I thought it was funny 😄

And also makes me appreciate my wife even more.  A constant 27'C for the AC setting.

Family drinking sessions take place outdoors, mainly due to the 'bin yang' grill .... so fan only.

• Haha 1

post stg serious and you may get one......if this is your biggest issue with a thai wife you may want to assess your life again...

really starting to wonder why I even bother on this site anymore....RIP Thai Visa God How I miss those times and members..

talking about ac settings....waiting for the next one to be about fighting over the remote for tv...smh

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

The man is joking.....some of you need to calm down.

context is a tricky element on the interwebs.....thank your for consulting with OP as to his motives and intentions to those of us rubes that take posts at face value.........reminds me of an orange guy that says stg stupid then uses the "just joking" alibi...

• Confused 2

Like most Thai women they hammer away at the aircon remote.  21 if we have guests.  27 if its nightime.  Turned off if we bought durian.  29 and fan if the family drunken slob lost his job again and needs a cash loan.  But 27 and low fan speed?  Is this grounds for divorce?

I just ollar at mine when she dares touch it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Who wears  the Pants. 

High Time to do if you Not.

AC when hotter most people use or a fan works too.In the west it is the heating in the winter so same thing happens just different country.Maybe try to control her urge to keep changing the temp or turning it on or off.My friend used his during the hotter mths the cost was about 2000 baht a mth,so talk about it make a deal or plan when u use it

20 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Like most Thai women they hammer away at the aircon remote. 

We have a few air conditioners & my wife has never turned one on, she leaves it to her biatch to do that, as I pay the electricity bill, she can turn it on whenever she wants, and at whatever temperature she wants, but she doesn't, as I said above, she has her biatch to do it for her, but never asks, I do it automatically when I feel it's getting hot.

I'm not sure who is controlling the air con temperatures, but 25 at night, or during the day is a good temp, with or without a fan to circulate the air, depending on the size of your room/s.

Just enjoy it, and if it bothers you, i.e. it's too cold or is going to cost you too much in electricity costs, just tell your wife that;

A) It's too cold for you if it's under 25 and if she doesn't listen, then go to B

B) Tell her that your not going to pay the electricity bill, if A&B fall on deaf ears, go to C

C) Move to a hotel for a couple of days and tell her that you will make this a permanent move if she likes.

Naturally don't go to C unless your prepared to call her bluff 🙂

Buy a second remote. As soon as she changes the temp you surreptitiously change it back again.

She changes again ..you repeat,  as often as needed.

Will drive her round the bend.

I recall reading that a significant premise for divorce is based on the condition of  the toothpaste tube in the morning .

By comparison I can foresee someone using the  aircon settings as  justifiable homicide !

Is very petty but what else to do waiting for the  impending doom of natural or un-natural DEATH ? ?

16 hours ago, stoner said:

she should divorce you for sounding like such a bitc#.  seriously. a few degrees on the ac and you feel the need to post online asking everyone. 

Who is paying the bill?

What a stupid question! Are you going to ask us if you'll divorce if you're no longer hard?

If your relationship is down to a remote control problem, you're the one with the problem.

Edited by daejung