Universal socket power strips.

Looking to buy some universal socket power strips that can take U.K. type plugs. I did buy some from HomePro a few years ago with the 3-round pin plug on cable to fit Thai wall socket, IMG_4875.jpeg.94cb30d30dd82750122d56f7097fbebf.jpegbut they don’t seem to stock them anymore. Can’t see them on Lazada either. They all seem to sell the ones that take US plugs, which don’t take the U.K. one.IMG_4874.thumb.png.1a7480de5f549647b4ecb4092604ec86.png

See photos. Does anyone know where I might buy them please?

Sorry if placement of photos is odd. Am writing this on my phone.

TIA

The universal sockets that except UK plugs are extremely hard to find now in any physical shop

Thai regulations changed not legal any more AFAIK

may still be some online at  Lazada and Shopee  but you run the risk of getting rubbish  with whisker thin wire and  3 pin plug with an earth pin but no earth connected etc etc 😧

I'm not a great lover of the "universal" outlets anyway.

The interesting shape of the contacts combined with the "monkey-metal" they're often made from ensures that, particularly after UK plug has been used, the contact can be somewhat iffy.

If you really need to use UK plugs order a pukka 13A one from Malaysia or Singapore, or do as we did, and get the family to bring one with them, stick a Thai plug on it and you're gold. Using an actual UK strip also mitigates any polarity issues.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought these on Lazada & have re-orded them twice....Good sockets & are built much better than I could find locally....Soon, they will be the only ones in our house..... Finding really good power strips is a  shakey treasure hunt in the stores.....

Screenshot_2024-06-13-12-22-47-56_39060a31215a48c7aaf1fb3368fa2e89.jpg

Edited by pgrahmm
Spell check sucks

32 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

I bought these on Lazada & have re-orded them twice....Good sockets & are built much better than I could find locally....Soon, they will be the only ones in our house..... Finding really good power strips is a  shakey treasure hunt in the stores.....

Screenshot_2024-06-13-12-22-47-56_39060a31215a48c7aaf1fb3368fa2e89.jpg

Be careful........I was given one similar to this and when I opened it up to check the internal connections, I found it was a complete mess and the supposed "earth" wire wasn't connected to all of the "pins" and the neutral and live wires were connected to different points. 

For 159 baht, you get what you pay for.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Be careful........I was given one similar to this and when I opened it up to check the internal connections, I found it was a complete mess and the supposed "earth" wire wasn't connected to all of the "pins" and the neutral and live wires were connected to different points. 

For 159 baht, you get what you pay for.

Noted, I have inspected & found these to be much better made than others I've paid more than 4x's as much for in local stores....

Thanks 

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Thumbs Up 1