Court Demands More Evidence from Polling Agency in Move Forward Case

webfact

1 hour ago, cncltd1973 said:

if MFP is dissolved then that should be the final straw for pretending Thailand is a democracy 

Following the dissolution of the MFP and now possibly the FFP with no opposition party it can only be described as a dictatorship..

Unless it falls right back to the old Feudalism/Sakdina society it once was.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Following the dissolution of the MFP and now possibly the FFP with no opposition party it can only be described as a dictatorship..

Unless it falls right back to the old Feudalism/Sakdina society it once was.

Yes indeed. Sakdina still exists, in effect if not in name. It will take a monumental change in so many aspects of Thai society to bring about reform. It will eventually come about, but not any time soon. I fear MFP will be a casualty along the way.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Yes indeed. Sakdina still exists, in effect if not in name. It will take a monumental change in so many aspects of Thai society to bring about reform. It will eventually come about, but not any time soon. I fear MFP will be a casualty along the way.

Indeed... more casualties than changes.

If they think overseas investment is leaving Thailand quickly now, they should wait to see what happens if the CC dissolves MFP and bans Pita et al from politics in Thailand for 10 years. This 'tactic' by the 'elite' worked with FFP and Thanathorn in the past, but if they do it again, there will be an economic backlash that destroys Thailand's economy.  Unlike 30-40 years ago, most 'competing' SEAsian countries offering far more advantages and benefits to international businesses (and their people) to invest there than Thailand does.  If that happens, Thailand will not recover for a very long time if at all, because they have SFA chance of getting them back. 

I recall that recently a Govt spokesperson (who knows who/what) said that Thailand needs to offer more incentives for businesses to invest in the EEC - warm weather, beaches etc. were not good enough, compared to what other nearby countries are offering.  What is the bet that his advice will fall on deaf/corrupt ears who are only focused on one thing - their own career and wealth.  

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I think you may be right - but I hope you are wrong.  If they ban MFP and Pita etc. that could be the impetus to the start of the very monumental change you are alluding to.  I think that maybe the elite have recognised the signals, and therefore if the EC cannot provide any more details and evidence, then the CC can deny their case - unless further evidence comes to their attention in the future.  That way the case is not closed permanently, and the threat of dissolution can be held over MFP and Pita etc., as a means of forcing them to 'behave' and not upset their applecart/gravy train. 

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

I hope that they cannot provide additional evidence .

Anyway , we all know , this case is just set up to get rid of the most serious competitor to the ruling party .

To base the whole case on some lese majeste charges , that were not meant to 'overthrow ' the monarchy , but just to alter some aspects to the 112 , is , in my eyes , a pathetic effort to silence the opposition .

If the CC does not order the dissolution of MFP and lets Pita continue , it will be seen as a sign that democracy in Thailand is still present and functioning somehow ...

democracy in Thailand, never has been and extremely unlikely in the coming future.