Campbell's Tomato Soup

Pouatchee

this op is about campbell's tomato soup brand. used to be I could find some at makro pattaya, foodland pattaya, friendship and villa pattaya. For the last few years i cant find any anywhere. They just have cream corn or mushroom soup. There are other brands available, bit they just dont make the cut.

Anyone else notice how impossible it is to find?

11 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

this op is about campbell's tomato soup brand. used to be I could find some at makro pattaya, foodland pattaya, friendship and villa pattaya. For the last few years i cant find any anywhere. They just have cream corn or mushroom soup. There are other brands available, bit they just dont make the cut.

It is available on Lazada but it does seem a tad expensive.

Cambell's soup linky

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

It is available on Lazada but it does seem a tad expensive.

Cambell's soup linky

Double the retail price. I had looked on shopee but nothing.

Thanks for the link. I am still wondering if anyone has seen any on the shelves. Its like Heinz relish... nearly impossinle to find

6 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

I presume you mean in Thailand?

Plenty of Campbell's Tomato soup on the shelves in my local supermarket in Siem Reap, along with comprehensive selections of Heinz, Baxter's (UK) and Co-Op (UK) soups. 

7 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

There are other brands available, bit they just dont make the cut.

word has it Chef Boyardee and Mama Celeste were behind the high quality elaborate secret recipe....tomato paste +h20

I wonder why people travel to a SE Asian country to expect to stroll into any store and see everything they want from home

Ever see a thai eat tomato soup???  maybe stg to consider before buying a ticket........protip for the day

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, timendres said:

It seems to always be available at Villa Market.

what city? if pattaya... look again...nowhere to be found maybe you think you saw some but i doubt it  btw villa patts doesnt have any

20 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Great soups, very high in "sodium" 🤔😆

who cares. i dont drink and i dont smoke. if you think thai street food is better think again. main ingredients for them are msg, sugar and salt

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

what city? if pattaya... look again...nowhere to be found maybe you think you saw some but i doubt it  btw villa patts doesnt have any

who cares. i dont drink and i dont smoke. if you think thai street food is better think again. main ingredients for them are msg, sugar and salt

....yeah, neither booze nor smoke contains sodium...good Luck:coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ujayujay said:

....yeah, neither booze nor smoke contains sodium...good Luck:coffee1:

which is most healthy? booze, cigarettes or soup with some sodium

this is going off topic

I get mushroom soup but no Tomato soup in Chaiyaphum in the small C stores,at the local gatherings, I’ve taken a litre of tomato juice that goes great with Leo and ice, and I season it with my own fermented hot sauces. The guys think I’m crazy and the women are all trying it out and liking it. It’s a lower sodium diet version than Campbell. Which I dearly love with grilled cheese sandwiches!

Just now, Shmo said:

I get mushroom soup but no Tomato soup in Chaiyaphum in the small C stores,at the local gatherings, I’ve taken a litre of tomato juice that goes great with Leo and ice, and I season it with my own fermented hot sauces. The guys think I’m crazy and the women are all trying it out and liking it. It’s a lower sodium diet version than Campbell. Which I dearly love with grilled cheese sandwiches!

mushroom and corn are still available even at me tesco. 

i like the campbell tomato to make neat loaf and spaghetti sauce.

53 minutes ago, Shmo said:

Their mushroom soup is naff.

3 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

word has it Chef Boyardee and Mama Celeste were behind the high quality elaborate secret recipe....tomato paste +h20

I wonder why people travel to a SE Asian country to expect to stroll into any store and see everything they want from home

Ever see a thai eat tomato soup???  maybe stg to consider before buying a ticket........protip for the day

Tomato paste ,hot water And fish sauce.  😜

8 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Sorry. I should have been more specific. I saw in Thong Lor, Bangkok.

I prefer Heinz or Baxters Cream of Tomato soup but lately I've mostly moved onto the Baxters Minestrone, they changed the recipe a year or two back and it's real tasty for a quick meal - much better than the old recipe - I noticed the difference the second I tasted it when they changed the recipe.

Campbells is like watered down ketchup 😂

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

I prefer Heinz or Baxters Cream of Tomato soup but lately I've mostly moved onto the Baxters Minestrone, they changed the recipe a year or two back and it's real tasty for a quick meal - much better than the old recipe - I noticed the difference the second I tasted it when they changed the recipe.

Campbells is like watered down ketchup 😂

i dont know how you make it. if you add water, i totally agree. the secret is to add milk instead. i use soy milk now as i have become a bit lactose intolerant, but soy milk will do just as well. i do eat baxter's cos i have no other choice and even to that one i add milk. way better than water.

I buy Campbell’s soups at the nearby Top’s supermarket.  Tomato, Chicken Noodle, Minestrone, etc.  Tops is a little expensive and so is Villa. I am pretty sure I have bought it from Villa before.   I usually go to Top’s now because it’s so close that I could hit it with a nine iron.  I usually stock up when it’s buy one get one free. Comes in handy with that good old fashioned taste and I am busy or tired or sick.  
Beats a stockpile of Mama noodles. 

11 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

I buy Campbell’s soups at the nearby Top’s supermarket.  Tomato, Chicken Noodle, Minestrone, etc.  Tops is a little expensive and so is Villa. I am pretty sure I have bought it from Villa before.   I usually go to Top’s now because it’s so close that I could hit it with a nine iron.  I usually stock up when it’s buy one get one free. Comes in handy with that good old fashioned taste and I am busy or tired or sick.  
Beats a stockpile of Mama noodles. 

where are you located? when is the last time you bought any? I havent seen any in pattaya for over 4 years

On 6/13/2024 at 3:13 PM, Pouatchee said:

lot a good cambodian campbell's will do. prolly 20 years old... 

kinda useless and non helpful comment, but i'll tell you why. because it was available before. sorry, i mostly eat like back home, cos i can afford to. usually comments like yours are made by penny pinching wokies who try to convince others their lifestyle of eating somtum is better.

Yes, but also wasting your life chasing down food that is bad for your health - just like home 😉

• Sad 1

On 6/15/2024 at 10:32 AM, Pouatchee said:

where are you located? when is the last time you bought any? I havent seen any in pattaya for over 4 years

I've seen it in Bangkok in fact on sale I think b58-60 can. Still too expensive for that.