Balcony pull-down sun shades

eboy

I see that some of my neighbors in Jomtien have pull-down sun shades on their balconies (see photo below). Pretty cool. Can anyone recommend a good contractor who can install these? Approximately what would it cost to install a single pull-down shade?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

sunshadescompressed.jpg.43516281c98422576aa85a4cd8a81dbf.jpg

Can't remember the cost but I had concertina blinds fitted at the house by a guy with a curtain shop on Naklua Rd, made of bamboo. Came down Sawangfa, left at Naklua-Pattaya Rd and on the right after 100m. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/4kSL2tbVcAM2SofN8

There was  a shop also on Sawangfa. 

Did you try Homepro, maybe do roller blinds?

They can also be bought off Lazada.

Edited by jacko45k

Speak to your management company.  You are not allowed to do anything that changes the external appearance of the building.  Looking at the photos, it appears they have given one type of blind approval.  If you buy one that doesn't match, they are likely to force you to remove it.

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Speak to your management company.  You are not allowed to do anything that changes the external appearance of the building.  Looking at the photos, it appears they have given one type of blind approval.  If you buy one that doesn't match, they are likely to force you to remove it.

This is correct .....  the building management will advise what you can put up ....  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

I understand its a bit of an -Out of the Box idea--but have you ever thought of just asking your neighbors where they brought them from ................:coffee1:

They're neighbors across the way, in a building opposite mine, so I have no contact with them.

1 minute ago, eboy said:

They're neighbors across the way, in a building opposite mine, so I have no contact with them.

they do not have a front door on the shoebox ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, gargamon said:

Reflective tint installed on the windows works as well or better. The tint is rated at how much sun(heat) it blocks.

Doesn't work if the purpose is to sit on the balcony without being blinded by the sun.

• Agree 1