This is no yoke.

Gandtee

To add to the number of inane posts on AN, I have a question. When you are having boiled eggs and soldiers. How do you open your egg? Like me? Do you tap it and peel the shell off the top, or slice the top of? Something I've tried and never mastered. Perhaps someone could enlighten me on this technique?

I boil eggs and shell them completely before mashing up on toast with soy sauce.

To shell them, I put in ice water and crack them before peeling the whole shell off in one go. One of life's more satisfying activities, like putting your finger through the top foil of a newly opened coffee jar.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"This is no yoke"

Talk about egg on your face, apart from those eggs with stripes on their shoulders and Aviators, I've never seen an egg with a yoke [sic].

Silly me. What the l was I thinking about. Old age. One of the crosses, or yokes we have to bear.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, rocketboy2 said:

Sometimes I have to use a hacksaw.

hak.PNG

Overdone!  Your soldiers wont go in there. What's that? An Ostrich egg or a trick of photography?😄

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I try to hack off the top. And then maybe I peel a little from the edge which was not hacked off with a clear cut.

Soft-Boiled-Egg-with-Parmesan-Crusted-So

Perfect.

Thailand eggs are nearly impossible to peel. In the U.S. the shells falls off the egg with little effort. In Thailand, the shell sticks like glue while you slowly pick it off with half the egg going with it.  Good luck.