Who will win Euro 2024?

Seppius

England have the players but unfortunately Southgate is a bottler more concerned with politicking than gelling them into a cohesive unit. 

France have a good side but a lot of egos/cliques and may self destruct. Mbappe's broken nose won't help matters. 

My money is on Germany. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

On 6/15/2024 at 8:51 AM, twizzian said:

It’s embarrassing to say that the inventors of football haven’t won a trophy for nearly sixty years. Sadly I don’t have high hopes for England this time

The first known ball game which also involved kicking took place In China in the 3rd and 2nd century BC under the name cuju. Cuju was played with a round ball (stitched leather with fur or feathers inside) on an area of a square. A modified form of this game later spread to Japan and was by the name of kemari practiced under ceremonial forms.

6 hours ago, still kicking said:

The first known ball game which also involved kicking took place In China in the 3rd and 2nd century BC under the name cuju. Cuju was played with a round ball (stitched leather with fur or feathers inside) on an area of a square. A modified form of this game later spread to Japan and was by the name of kemari practiced under ceremonial forms.

Ok I stand corrected.

The English game of Soccer would be our invention I should say

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EmmaH said:

Spain and Germany are looking the best teams in this tournament and they will be playing against each other in the quarterfinal so whoever wins this one would be my favorite to win the tournament.

Im going for Spain, 

On 6/15/2024 at 8:51 AM, twizzian said:

It’s embarrassing to say that the inventors of football haven’t won a trophy for nearly sixty years. Sadly I don’t have high hopes for England this time

Posted (edited)

The one non-boring thing you can say about the latest Prime Minister of Britain is that he is an Arsenal supporter.  So long as England has a few key Arsenal players in the team, they have a chance of getting through to the Semi-Finals.

However, Granit Xaka may have something to say about that.

Edited by blazes

13 hours ago, still kicking said:

Football as we know it today - sometimes known as association football or soccer - began in England, with the laying down of rules by the Football Association in 1863

According to FIFA, modern soccer began in England in 1863

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, twizzian said:

Football as we know it today - sometimes known as association football or soccer - began in England, with the laying down of rules by the Football Association in 1863

According to FIFA, modern soccer began in England in 1863

The game changed when the lighter water resistant footballs were introduced.

You would never see the same tricks with a leather ball 

• Like 1

It truly sickens me to see England play such cowardly football and still manage to inch their way through games.

As usual they were helped along by an outside agent:  normally their own incompetence at penalty kicks, but in this instance by the utter IDIOCY of the Swiss #1 penalty taker.  What a cuckoo of a player....

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, blazes said:

It truly sickens me to see England play such cowardly football and still manage to inch their way through games.

As usual they were helped along by an outside agent:  normally their own incompetence at penalty kicks, but in this instance by the utter IDIOCY of the Swiss #1 penalty taker.  What a cuckoo of a player....

Did you watch the game last night?

England were very good, they broke up the play of what was previously excellent Swiss team, played with energy and with a persistent "push" on the Swiss

There are no easy games in the 1/4 finals of any football competition

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Seppius said:

Did you watch the game last night?

England were very good, they broke up the play of what was previously excellent Swiss team, played with energy and with a persistent "push" on the Swiss

There are no easy games in the 1/4 finals of any football competition

At least the Swiss played or tried to play offensive compared to the overpaid Uk stars. Such a cowardly game of them, a shame

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Are you Dutch?

Nope, but I favor the Dutch before UK and France or the turks. Hope for Spain as well in the final

Edited by Hummin