DW channel has release a new video about Thailands sex industry

I can tell you so much, a documentary how so much time to build a case, and without proofs, there will only be speculations. This doc followed one case only and looked behind the cause of the suspects release and being allowed to trawel back home. 

And I think they managed well to prove how corrupt thai officials and police is!

• Sad 1

Pretty bad work, they present hotels listed on "Girl friendly hotels" sites as being brothels.. Now, that underage girls may be available in a few places might be true, but I have never seen one in the last 15 years. The part about bribery is interesting though. 

• Sad 1

Thailand is no different!

They practice " the art of war "

If it is clearly " red "  they will look you straight in your face and tell you it is blue.

it is clear now Big Joke is just that a national joke who take bribes.

of course every year visit there is no prostitution.🤑

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Regardless of the merits of this video, expats and tourists here have to exercise caution. There are underage gals working the streets and working in some bars or massage shops. Likely not many. But some. 

It is likely the US offers a reward to the local cops for snagging one of its citizens with an underage gal, as they are very zealous about these prosecutions. As an American, the laws in the US apply to all US passport holders, worldwide. Often the Thai cop will demand 100,000 baht, if she is 17, or one million baht, if 16 or under. You do not have it? You are turned over. Many guys end up on planes with an assistant DA dispatched from DC, in handcuffs, facing federal statutory rape charges. Unless you have millions to throw at a lawyer, you are looking at 10 years in a federal pen. And you will be on the sex offender list the rest of your life.

Many will dispute this. I have spoken to lawyers about it, and it is correct info. And the US government is over zealous about the underage thing. Not worth it. Always best to check if she looks really young. If she does not have ID, that is real trouble. Do not proceed.

The law changed in 2003, when the PROTECT Act was enacted. Prior to that, sex with minors abroad was covered by Customs statutes, which required proof that the US citizen left the US with the intent of having sex with persons under the age of 18 - something that was very difficult to prove. (It's also worth noting that both Jerry Lee and Elvis married teenagers. Laws in the US are peculiar in that many states allow marriage to someone below the age of consent, as long as their parents agree.)

Under the PROTECT Act, there is no need for the government to prove intent. If an American has sex with someone under age 18 while in a foreign country, that's a crime, period, even if that sex isn't against the law in the country where it took place.

One mistake. One arrest and conviction of this sort and your life is basically over. 

Why was your right comment deleted about 'New covid sub-variant'

The moderator mentioned misinformation, but the info you posted was correct.
Who is he to judge that, it is highly objectionable.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Regardless of the merits of this video, expats and tourists here have to exercise caution. There are underage gals working the streets and working in some bars or massage shops. Likely not many. But some. 

It is likely the US offers a reward to the local cops for snagging one of its citizens with an underage gal, as they are very zealous about these prosecutions. As an American, the laws in the US apply to all US passport holders, worldwide. Often the Thai cop will demand 100,000 baht, if she is 17, or one million baht, if 16 or under. You do not have it? You are turned over. Many guys end up on planes with an assistant DA dispatched from DC, in handcuffs, facing federal statutory rape charges. Unless you have millions to throw at a lawyer, you are looking at 10 years in a federal pen. And you will be on the sex offender list the rest of your life.

Many will dispute this. I have spoken to lawyers about it, and it is correct info. And the US government is over zealous about the underage thing. Not worth it. Always best to check if she looks really young. If she does not have ID, that is real trouble. Do not proceed.

The law changed in 2003, when the PROTECT Act was enacted. Prior to that, sex with minors abroad was covered by Customs statutes, which required proof that the US citizen left the US with the intent of having sex with persons under the age of 18 - something that was very difficult to prove. (It's also worth noting that both Jerry Lee and Elvis married teenagers. Laws in the US are peculiar in that many states allow marriage to someone below the age of consent, as long as their parents agree.)

Under the PROTECT Act, there is no need for the government to prove intent. If an American has sex with someone under age 18 while in a foreign country, that's a crime, period, even if that sex isn't against the law in the country where it took place.

One mistake. One arrest and conviction of this sort and your life is basically over. 

The rule for me was if she looked too young she probably was.

I saw several movies (I wouldn't call them documentary) like that over the years. I never saw even one which accurately described the situation.

It's like a new tourist comes to town and has no idea and then after 3 days he thinks he is the expert, and he returns home and tells people how it is - added with a lot of personal agenda.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The rule for me was if she looked too young she probably was.

The rule for me is that if she works in a bar then she was hired to work in the bar. The owner and manager are responsible to obey the laws.

And then it's about my personal taste. I wouldn't buy a drink for anybody who behaves like a (innocent) child.

Areas like NANA have a strict entry control. I am pretty sure that won't let anybody under 20 enter that area. 

20 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I sat through it. The journalist investigated it for 2 years and still could only find the Cobra Bar case. If he wants to really check out Ptya wouldn't you mention Soi Pothole, Soi BJ, Soi 13 or Soi 6 other than  soi bukhao(the supposed red light district) or Walking St(a tourist attraction for new arrivals). No mention of the countless massage shops or even Boyztown. If an underage wanted to work then the last 2 would probably be the most viable. I am not saying it doesn't happen but enough to warrant a 2,Year investigation and a nearly 1 hour documentary just seems a blow up.

2 years of 10 minutes a week browsing the internet doing research as a hobby (or something to occupy time when there is nothing more important to do) is most likely. 

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

How often does that happen?

At least I don't see reports in the press - but I don't check the US press. 

42 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How often does that happen?

At least I don't see reports in the press - but I don't check the US press. 

It happens often, but it does not make it into the press. As you may know, the press in the US is somewhat compromised.

On 6/16/2024 at 3:48 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Another western "full of BS" doco, no doubt.

Even the title is BS. There are no "red lights" other than traffic lights in Pattaya.

Quite, it's like a "must have" topic in the CV of every naive journalist.

Would have been hot news in Roman times if people found it easier to travel.

In 1972 I was posted to Germany, only a stones throw from Amsterdam, no shortage of red lights there.

Actually to find a sex partner in European States is very-very cheap after millions illegal immigrants invade from the sea by boats and local Authorities play the role of.....receptionists and repeat the usual refrain if you object it that you belong to far right and you speak Russia furthermore accuse you for antisemitic stance.

So I dont understand the reason someone to travel by 10 hours expensive flight to Thailand in order to pay 2-4 times more for sex partner.

This is masochism and not a real tourist but my point is sex industry have been internationally advertised by Chinese "brotherhood" because Thailand have old history and thousands historical monuments plus thousands wonderful places for vacations.

Ayutthaya sees increasing number of tourists

10 hours ago, milesinnz said:

when is DW going to do documentaries on sexual abuse in Africa, Europe, the USA, Bangladesh and India. I know some documentaries have been done in the past (I have seen them), but I have never seen these places revisited. In terms of deprivation and misery, this makes the scene in Pattaya some sort of holy place. I think for DW, being the cheap left wing propagandists they are, it's not so sexy when you don't have wealthy white men paying good money for non white girls.. so it's ok for a worse and vastly more miserable situation (Africa, Bangladesh, India) to occur in other parts of the world, where the earnings are minuscule ? DW are the perverts...

20 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Quite, it's like a "must have" topic in the CV of every naive journalist.

Would have been hot news in Roman times if people found it easier to travel.

In 1972 I was posted to Germany, only a stones throw from Amsterdam, no shortage of red lights there.

It doesnt change the fact it happens in Thailand, and no authorities do anything before it is highlligted and put in the spotlight! This documentary managed to something at least. 

Hopefully they continue to do work for the good, and maybe one or two girls got saved from the same destiny! 

Calling out DW for being left wing propagandist? FS it says alot about you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It doesnt change the fact it happens in Thailand, and no authorities do anything before it is highlligted and put in the spotlight! This documentary managed to something at least. 

Hopefully they continue to do work for the good, and maybe one or two girls got saved from the same destiny! 

Calling out DW for being left wing propagandist? FS it says alot about you!

You would have to show me where I mentioned left wing, I only agreed to it being BS. Your assumptions say a lot about you.

The very first time I came to Thailand I went to a wedding and one of the male guests tried to  sell me his daughter, about ten years old. That is where it needs to change.

You probably believe that the prohibition period in the US stopped people drinking.

50 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You would have to show me where I mentioned left wing, I only agreed to it being BS. Your assumptions say a lot about you.

The very first time I came to Thailand I went to a wedding and one of the male guests tried to  sell me his daughter, about ten years old. That is where it needs to change.

You probably believe that the prohibition period in the US stopped people drinking.

without the documentary, it wouldnt had all national tv for weeks following this case! 

If you look at my reply, there is you and one more who I replied to! 

DW is funded by the same retarded Kraut muppet govt/parties that push the myth that Ukraine can be armed enough/Russia can be sanctioned to win the war 555......

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Confused 1