Biden & Trump Face Off in High-Stakes Debate: Age, Strategy, and Public Perception at Play

Social Media

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

It's possible.

It's also possible that Biden will do so well that you will post that he's on drugs.

He would have to be on something!

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

His policies are unclear and he is non committal on major issues such as reproductive rights, iimigration, gun control and Jan 6

It has a certain charm that various nutcases announce themselves as running for the presidency, and amass a lot of money for campaigning. Nutcases like Jill Stein, who happily dined with Putin and Michael Flynn. And now Hulk Hogan feels it's the right moment to get his 15 minutes.

1 hour ago, Presto said:

I thought Biden is supposedly to be admired because of his empathy? Where is his empathy with the tens of thousands of Palestinian children killed and maimed for life with the help of the American bombs that Biden supplied for free? 

Even the pathetic word 'concern' doesn't come out of the mouth of this guy anymore.

I think to be fair, Biden just can't win with that war and whatever he does.

Many Americans support Israel, many others support Palestine, and many support a little this or that. Biden will lose voters with anything he does and with anything he doesn't do.

His opponents, anyone of them, can always claim they would do it somehow better.

It seems many voters vote against some politics, like supplying unlimited weapons to Israel. But they don't ask themselves: What would my favorite candidate do. Or even: What would I decided if I could? And how would that improve the situation.

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Wanna bet

Judging on all his recent cock ups yes. I thought it was particularly embarrassing that the old fool gave the same speech at the D day celebrations that Reagan gave in 1984. But then he only says and does what he's told to.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Biden has to run as he is the incumbent. Hillary was a mistake. 

He doesn't have to do anything, except working hard to save American democracy. And he's not doing that.

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think to be fair, Biden just can't win with that war and whatever he does.

Many Americans support Israel, many others support Palestine, and many support a little this or that. Biden will lose voters with anything he does and with anything he doesn't do.

His opponents, anyone of them, can always claim they would do it somehow better.

It seems many voters vote against some politics, like supplying unlimited weapons to Israel. But they don't ask themselves: What would my favorite candidate do. Or even: What would I decided if I could? And how would that improve the situation.

But that's my point. Biden is portrayed as empathetic, but he's anything but. He could have used America's leverage on Israel, but he won't, whatever war crimes are committed.

He's an opportunist without principles, and that should be enough to loose him millions of votes. It's all very disgusting, and whether you like it or not, this Biden's legacy.

I'll look up a link that describes his weird affinity for Israel (and it's ethnic cleansing), in defiance of and undermining Obama.

Here it is:

https://jewishcurrents.org/joe-bidens-alarming-record-on-israel

Edited by Presto

Just now, Presto said:

But that's my point. Biden is portrayed as empathetic, but he's anything but. He could have used America's leverage on Israel, but he won't, whatever war crimes are committed.

He's an opportunist without principles, and that should be enough to loose him millions of votes. It's all very disgusting, and whether you like it or not, this Biden's legacy.

I'll look up a link that describes his weird affinity for Israel (and it's ethnic cleansing), in defiance of and undermining Obama.

Ok, that's a reason not to vote for Biden. And now? What are the alternatives? What would President Trump do? Would he block weapons to Israel?

No, he wouldn't!

So, what now? Vote for someone else who has about no chance to become president?

Luckily, I don't have to vote over there. It's a tough choice between bad and even worse.

3 minutes ago, Presto said:

He doesn't have to do anything, except working hard to save American democracy. And he's not doing that.

On the contrary, I think it is a briliant strategic move for Biden to make democracy the center of his campaign. For that he didnt have to do much as Trump's incendiary rhetoric that he intend to be a dictator on day one, denying the election result and going after his political enemies make clear that Trump is trying to dismantle democracy. Clear distinction who is for democracy and who has fascist intention. However at the end of the day, it is policies that will likely to determine the election and Biden hold the advantage.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ok, that's a reason not to vote for Biden. And now? What are the alternatives? What would President Trump do? Would he block weapons to Israel?

No, he wouldn't!

So, what now? Vote for someone else who has about no chance to become president?

Luckily, I don't have to vote over there. It's a tough choice between bad and even worse.

Follow your conscience, instead of being bullied into a choice. But fortunately I don't have to make that choice. I can only have an opinion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

On the contrary, I think it is a briliant strategic move for Biden to make democracy the center of his campaign. For that he didnt have to do much as Trump's incendiary rhetoric that he intend to be a dictator on day one, denying the election result and going after his political enemies make clear that Trump is trying to dismantle democracy. Clear distinction who is for democracy and who has fascist intention. However at the end of the day, it is policies that will likely to determine the election and Biden hold the advantage.

Four years and nothing to show for with regard to strengthening democracy. Just talk, talk, and more talk.

Even the rule of law, essential for a functioning democracy, has efficiently been run into the ditch by Biden's choice for AG.

Edited by Presto
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

He is making the right pitch to strengthen democracy. https://edition.cnn.com/2023/03/29/politics/biden-second-summit-for-democracy/index.html

Meanwhile Trump pour gasoline and lit the fire on democracy.

AG Garland has defended voting rights and the GOP doesn't like that and has been trying to attack him which is again dangerous for democracy. 

Garland has had four years to put the coup plotters before a judge and had miserably failed. Caveat: miserably in the eyes of a non-American. Maybe Garland is a wonderful competent guy in the eyes of Americans.

The right pitch? Again, I'm not American, I go for actual results, not for talk, and talk, and more talk.

36 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Fascinating stuff. Do you remember Shae Moss and Ruby Freeman? Two election workers in Georgia, harassed, threatened and chased out of their home by Trump supporters. What did the Garland DOJ do about that?

(You must remember that videos and names were available of all of that)

Absolutely nothing. They were left on their own to file a civil suit.

Talk is cheap.

Edited by Presto

2 minutes ago, Presto said:

Fascinating stuff. Do you remember Shae Moss and Ruby Freeman? Two election workers in Georgia, harassed, threatened and chased out of their home by Trump supporters. What did the Garland DOJ do about that?

(You must remember that videos and names were available if all of that)

Absolutely nothing. They were left on their own to file a civil suit.

Talk is cheap.

Can you share with us the crime that was committed against them by Giuliani?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

I think there is a more than even chance that both Trump and Biden malfunction during the debate. Would be entertaining to see them seize up at the same time. Vote RFKjr., the only sentient lifeform in the race.

John ,Independents who usually go for dems, who  are fed up with woke, crime ,war mongering might bite for 

the Kennedy name and his lefty VP

Shanahan.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, riclag said:

John ,Independents who usually go for dems, who  are fed up with woke, crime ,war mongering might bite for 

the Kennedy name and his lefty VP

Shanahan.

Just out of curiosity, what is the war mongering that Biden is supposed to be engaged in?

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Biden can run on "democracy", whatever that is. Trump will run on closed borders, 2 dollar gas and 2 percent mortgages. Guess who will win? He can't run on the economy- polls show that trust in Biden to deal with the economy is at an almost historic low. So, I guess it is fearmongering until the bitter end.

And most people are smart enough to see through the "dictator on day one" nonsense. IF Trump wanted to be a dictator, the Covid crisis was the perfect opportunity.  National crises leave countries vulnerable to dictators. Yet Trump did nothing of the kind. 

5 minutes ago, Presto said:

Just out of curiosity, what is the war mongering that Biden is supposed to be engaged in?

Probably p!ssing away close to $200 billion on Ukraine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

You do understand that Putin is the war mongerer here, or is that fact above your pay grade?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Presto said:

You do understand that Putin is the war mongerer here, or is that fact above your pay grade?

Of course, no need to be stroppish.  Just suggesting the reason for the accusation of Biden. When veterans are homeless on the streets of America, it is a hard sell to spend that kind of treasure to prop up a distant regime.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Biden can run on "democracy", whatever that is. Trump will run on closed borders, 2 dollar gas and 2 percent mortgages. Guess who will win? He can't run on the economy- polls show that trust in Biden to deal with the economy is at an almost historic low. So, I guess it is fearmongering until the bitter end.

And most people are smart enough to see through the "dictator on day one" nonsense. IF Trump wanted to be a dictator, the Covid crisis was the perfect opportunity.  National crises leave countries vulnerable to dictators. Yet Trump did nothing of the kind. 

Yup being a responsible president and fighting inflation with the tools that work is unpopular but it’s what has to be done to manage and fix the mess left by the last administration.anything else is just cheap talk unless a workable alternative is offered.

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Most of the money actually stays in the USA replacing aging ammunition stocks the Ukrainian nation asked for help in repelling an invader who  who emptied their prisons armed the criminals and sent them to rape and murder their neighbors .for less than 5% of our defense budget we helped put that in check that’s brilliant and helped stabilize Europe.everyone learned the appeasement lesson from the hitler horror putins not going to get away with it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Of course, no need to be stroppish.  Just suggesting the reason for the accusation of Biden. When veterans are homeless on the streets of America, it is a hard sell to spend that kind of treasure to prop up a distant regime.

Ok, changing the subject. Got it.

Biden subsidized Intel, a very big and wealthy company. Do you think that's a better way to spend taxpayer money?

Edited by Presto

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Money won’t (fix) homeless vets jobs and counseling will help how’s about those jobs #s kinda impressive how’s about that legislation aimed at vet’s pretty impressive the fact of the matter is we can and are doing both.plus if we ignore and let a nation be raped by their neighbor the world will bay a greater price later we aren’t going to make that mistake again 

11 minutes ago, Tug said:

Yup being a responsible president and fighting inflation with the tools that work is unpopular but it’s what has to be done to manage and fix the mess left by the last administration.anything else is just cheap talk unless a workable alternative is offered.

Most of the money actually stays in the USA replacing aging ammunition stocks the Ukrainian nation asked for help in repelling an invader who  who emptied their prisons armed the criminals and sent them to rape and murder their neighbors .for less than 5% of our defense budget we helped put that in check that’s brilliant and helped stabilize Europe.everyone learned the appeasement lesson from the hitler horror putins not going to get away with it

https://www.investopedia.com/us-inflation-rate-by-president-8546447

Under Trump 1.9% inflation. 

I apologize for using facts.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tug said:

It has done the opposite of stabalize Europe, plus caused inflation and chaos to boot. You know what would stabilize Europe? A truce.   Not to mention it is not just a flick of a switch to produce modern weapons and ammo. It takes years to replenish supplies that are lost and/or given away. But the most important thing they will run out of is soldiers. So unless you are willing for NATO to jump into the war, the actual weapons systems available will not really matter in the long run.

10 minutes ago, Presto said:

Ok, changing the subject. Got it.

Biden subsidized Intel, a very big and wealthy company. Do you think that's a better way to spend taxpayer money?

Talk about changing the subject....

I simply said that the idea of Biden as a warmonger in large part is due to his full throated and expensive pledges to keep Zelensky afloat at a time when the money is needed domestically. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Talk about changing the subject....

I simply said that the idea of Biden as a warmonger in large part is due to his full throated and expensive pledges to keep Zelensky afloat at a time when the money is needed domestically. 

Doesn't make any more sense if you phrase it that way.