Toddler's Vaping Sparks Outrage in Saraburi

''The boy decided himself to vape, we did not force him to do it'' they said, about a 19 months old. You can't make it more cliche Thai than that. This has nothing to even do with her being still young or having had a baby young. It is simply a sign of the lack of IQ or even a mental thing worse than that.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

57 minutes ago, Chongalulu said:

The same fate as many here wish on Gottfried.. ☠️ 

You know, going personal has two different sides that are equally sharp. Many times people that posts such things believe that a fake profile on a forum does not leave any digital footprints. That´s not the reality. Or did you want me to start vaping as well as drinking kratom? 😉 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Of course I know none of this, so any counter argument taking my comment a little too literally is valid, however, the underlying point is there - this behavior is not just a warning flag, its a blinding strobe light.

look richard every parent raises their child differently. she is just raising the child in a way that makes her happy. :)

Edited by stoner
  • Love It 1

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

In any civilised society the child might very well be removed by social services for his own protection...

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The boy has been placed under the care of Mueang Saraburi Shelter for Children and Family for a thorough examination regarding vaping's impact on his health.

Edited by brianthainess

21 hours ago, webfact said:

"Every parent raises their child differently... I’m raising my child in a way that makes me happy."

ME ME ME, typical Thai,.... Well I don't think you'll be raising your child for the near future,

17 year old no nothing badly educated pregnant at barely 15yrs old by a man nearly twice your age, just about legal. Must run in the Family the Grandmother is 30yrs old according to the story, presuming it's her mother then she was 13 when the baby's mother was born. 

21 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

There is no words for this! There is also no help for a mother like this. Best solution would be shot on the spot.

pretty harsh for a young girl who had the baby when she was 15 and barely able to care for herself. 

I think she needs parenting classes if she is to continue being the child caregiver. 

I am certain since she got pregnant at 15 and kept the baby that her own mother showed no parenting skills as well so leaving it in her care is a mistake as well. 

A teen vaping and using kratom would be her mothers fault as well. Blame the mother of the young woman if anything. Herr lack of care led to all this happening. 

10 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

pretty harsh for a young girl who had the baby when she was 15 and barely able to care for herself. 

I think she needs parenting classes if she is to continue being the child caregiver. 

I am certain since she got pregnant at 15 and kept the baby that her own mother showed no parenting skills as well so leaving it in her care is a mistake as well. 

A teen vaping and using kratom would be her mothers fault as well. Blame the mother of the young woman if anything. Herr lack of care led to all this happening. 

You have a point there. However, influence from friends and others usually also lead to development. Especially when it comes to the sexual life. School is also an educator. in my mind, that would have made her know not to have unprotected sex at such low age. Also, everyone, excepts an idiot know to not let a toddler vape and drink kratom. 

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Residents in the central province of Saraburi are up in arms after a 17-year-old mother allowed her 19-month-old son to vape and supposedly consume a kratom drink

So the "mother" was about 15 what do do expect ?

Wow... unless parents, 30 year old 'Grandmother'...wwhat more do you need to know.

Vaps are dangerous? Well so are cars when combined with Thai drivers but i don't see them being banned?

You can pass on only two things to a child of yours:
a) social competence 
b) education

This mother has clearly not been given either; most likely a broken family at home (Somchai did a runner before she was born to fertilize other flowers) and Grannie or Uncle was kept in charge of upbringing. 

Social competence includes how you deal with yourself and your surrounding/environment; education covers all the rest (knowledge, common sense, history etc.). 

Yes, the mother failed in all categories but she jumped into the sack with 15 years of age - an unripe woman (or more closer "a girl in puberty") again. 

Will the authorities nail her for carelessness regarding vaping and whatever potion sipping - or the use of illegal vapes to start with?

They would have to go and nail the Ministry of Education; likewise the PR department of the government should start broadcasting programs on social behaviour/competence. The nightly hammering of local soaps (Lakorn in the local lingua) keeps the masses glued to the telly but has counterproductive effects. How sad ........

• Like 1

She asserted that the child enjoyed vaping and pitched a tantrum if denied the e-cigarette.

Hardly surprising since the child is probably addicted to nicotine.

4 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

so she was 15 when she began motherhood, and her mother was 13 when she began motherhood...

I wonder how old the great grandmother and great-great grandmother are...

If they keep this going and the oldest lives to be like 90-ish they could achieve a living 6-7 generation span. The baby would have a mom, a grandma, a great granma, a great-great grandma, a great(3x)grandma and even a great (4x) grandma.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

You know, going personal has two different sides that are equally sharp. Many times people that posts such things believe that a fake profile on a forum does not leave any digital footprints. That´s not the reality. Or did you want me to start vaping as well as drinking kratom? 😉 

It’s clear you’re heavily into both ..and more besides. If not,you’ve even bigger problems! 

2 minutes ago, Chongalulu said:

It’s clear you’re heavily into both ..and more besides. If not,you’ve even bigger problems! 

Hmmm. Looks like many strange thing are clear to you. 🙂 

21 hours ago, ronster said:

Thought vapes were illegal here ?

Only the import export or selling vapes is illegal not actual possession. Hence the charges description & famous Thai lawyer and details in royal gazzette 

• Like 1

All adults or parents were young when it happened,letting a child do this I suppose you can say this is thailand and could happen anywhere in thailand.Something that is wrong but maybe they don,t know better