Returning to thailand from abroad on a non-o visa / return visa

In theory you're supposed to file a TM30 (notification of foreigner in residence) form or online within 24 hours (actually I think the rule is 3 days though) but as long as you do it the first week you're back most offices won't fine you for not doing it on time. Keep in mind the max fine for late TM30 filing is 1600baht but most offices only charge people 800 (half the fine) if you file late

• Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

In theory you're supposed to file a TM30 (notification of foreigner in residence) form or online within 24 hours (actually I think the rule is 3 days though) but as long as you do it the first week you're back most offices won't fine you for not doing it on time. Keep in mind the max fine for late TM30 filing is 1600baht but most offices only charge people 800 (half the fine) if you file late

I haven't done a TM30 since 2015 and never been a problem, lost count of the times I have been out of the country since then. In Oct I returned on new visa and new passport.

The OP would be better asking at his office than on here.

Edited by sandyf
  • Agree 1

On 6/17/2024 at 10:14 AM, Tod Daniels said:

Might need to add that the TM.30-report is due within 24 hours after entering an address, not entering Thailand, so in principle every time one moves to a new address, a TM.30 registration is needed. However, if you are staying on a long term visa, like non-immigrant, you might only need registration at the address used in application for stay, but it can be different from one immigration office to another, what they actually demands. When staying in a private house it will be the "house master's" responsibility make a TM.30 registration; when staying in a hotel it's the hotel's responsibility.

On 6/17/2024 at 3:02 PM, whitefarang said:

Hello all, 

Does anyone know when a person  has to report to Thai immigration after the returns back from abroad ( non-o visa holder based on marriage) ? 

Assume you reentered Thailand with reentry permit and in fact you have an extension based on marriage.

Do nothing regards TM30 

• Agree 1

On 6/17/2024 at 3:14 PM, Tod Daniels said:

Not according to the new TM30 regulations.

TM30 Reporting Regulation.pdf 

• Agree 1

On 6/17/2024 at 3:14 PM, Tod Daniels said:

24 hours and my immigration did not even want to extend a 30 days for my mom visiting, I was ready to pay a fine, but noooooooooooooooh... they needed landlord to provide a tm30...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, john donson said:

24 hours and my immigration did not even want to extend a 30 days for my mom visiting, I was ready to pay a fine, but noooooooooooooooh... they needed landlord to provide a tm30...

Completely different situation to OP

TM30 should be filed within 24 hours and 90 day report, if Non-O annual or re-entry, within 90 days of arriving in the country. Many say that they have had no issues, personally, I never take a chance with TM30 (or 90 day report if staying that long) but only if I will be interacting with immigration for extension of stay in that period/entry.