Dealing with thick sellers

26 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

I said read your messages, we have asked for full refund and it’s been approved. A few hours later he comes back saying the boss will consider refund. I said he does not need to consider as Shopee has already approved it (ie not up to you😂).

When they will fix this forum, that while you are writing a reply, the page will not reload and everything written is lost????

You claim to be a successful seller on Shopee and Lazada, but you don't know the rules? Shopee didn't approve your refund, they approved your return, and when the seller receives the item he has the option to refund you are open a dispute.
I have said in previous threads that Lazada and Shopee sellers are scum and fraudsters, and when you have a claim beyond the 3 day Shopee return warranty, you are on your own.
I recently had a lengthy phone discussion with Shopee in that regard, and asked what happens if a seller doesn't honiur the warranty written in the listing. Short answer to a long story, nothing-Nada- zilch. They will ask the seller to honour the warranty, but that is where it ends for them.
Lately I ordered a steering rack for my car, and it was listed as having 1-year warranty. In the order, I included a message to the seller that I required an invoice with his details and the mention that the item had a 1-year warranty, to which he agreed.
The order arrived without the invoice, so I contacted the seller about it, and he plainly refused to issue the invoice. I involved Shopee, who after some time succeeded that the seller issued the invoice. Right after that I got blocked by the seller.
Two days ago I wanted to order some ball joint from 333 JC from a Shopee seller, and 333 JC gives 6 months warranty on their products, but there is a lot of copy on those sites.
So I asked the seller if the item had warranty. Answer was "yes".
I then asked, how long? The next minute I was blocked by the seller.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

not sure the seller is the 'thick' one. your mistake picking a process where you were unable to QC, not a thai problem, can happen anywhere. be more pro-active, less 'assuming' everything will be ok, take control. caveat emptor.

Talking through your back side? 😂how can you QC something before it is made?

4 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Talking through your back side? 😂how can you QC something before it is made?

Maybe by checking out their previous works? But of course Shopee doesn't have such an option.

Are you sure you are a successful online seller, or did you just enter the business concept the other day, as from your threads it is clear you have no idea about online selling at all?

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

When they will fix this forum, that while you are writing a reply, the page will not reload and everything written is lost????

You claim to be a successful seller on Shopee and Lazada, but you don't know the rules? Shopee didn't approve your refund, they approved your return, and when the seller receives the item he has the option to refund you are open a dispute.
I have said in previous threads that Lazada and Shopee sellers are scum and fraudsters, and when you have a claim beyond the 3 day Shopee return warranty, you are on your own.
I recently had a lengthy phone discussion with Shopee in that regard, and asked what happens if a seller doesn't honiur the warranty written in the listing. Short answer to a long story, nothing-Nada- zilch. They will ask the seller to honour the warranty, but that is where it ends for them.
Lately I ordered a steering rack for my car, and it was listed as having 1-year warranty. In the order, I included a message to the seller that I required an invoice with his details and the mention that the item had a 1-year warranty, to which he agreed.
The order arrived without the invoice, so I contacted the seller about it, and he plainly refused to issue the invoice. I involved Shopee, who after some time succeeded that the seller issued the invoice. Right after that I got blocked by the seller.
Two days ago I wanted to order some ball joint from 333 JC from a Shopee seller, and 333 JC gives 6 months warranty on their products, but there is a lot of copy on those sites.

You’re correct about approving the return part only for now.  The return/refund is a single process for me (buyer) though. Of course they have to verify a claim before approving the refund. Not sure if I claimed to be a successful seller, whatever that means. Clearly you’ve had a bad experience with some sellers and you’re not alone. I have people on-selling my products in their shop using images taken from my shop or website without permission. Placing their shop names on top of mine. What can you do? Land of copycats! 

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Maybe by checking out their previous works? But of course Shopee doesn't have such an option.

Are you sure you are a successful online seller, or did you just enter the business concept the other day, as from your threads it is clear you have no idea about online selling at all?

Confusing reply. Are you asking a question or just commenting? More backside talking perhaps😂

ps-never claimed to be an expert but “no idea” is a tad too harsh, unless it’s back-side talking, which is fine and acceptable here. The post was a light hearted story, chillax.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Confusing reply. Are you asking a question or just commenting? More backside talking perhaps😂

ps-never claimed to be an expert but “no idea” is a tad too harsh, unless it’s back-side talking, which is fine and acceptable here. The post was a light hearted story, chillax.

I was referring to your post where you said you were selling some cat food called Performa.

Just had another look at that thread, and it seems you sell mainly on FB, which indicates not something serious.

My apologies for confusing you with an established seller of a quality product

• Like 1

Just to give some perspective on the other side of the equation, my wife owns and operates an online business with a store on each of Lazada and Shoppee. 90% of the problems she has are with foreigner customers (who make up less than a quarter of all her customers). Some of the complaints are ridiculous and not even petty but borderline spurious. Facebook groups for Lazada sellers show that this is a pattern that many have experienced. The complaints range from refusal to believe imported products are genuine to expecting to change a product after they have used it for a while for really daft complaints about product packaging where they could not open the package with their hands and had to use scissors!

6 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

This indicated he had not read our messages

but in the Shopee chat box it indicates if your sent message has been read ,  hence this would tell you if he read them. 

5 hours ago, CallumWK said:

I totally agree .....   they play games,   their advertisements and pictures are skeptical most times,  you ask them a logical question and they send back a stupid answer. 

I bought a mist fan, it turned up with a broken piece inside, still worked ok, I sent the pics everything, offered a 100 baht shop voucher, I agree that was fair and accepted then next message was only a 30 baht voucher ... I mentioned you just offered 100 and now it's 30 ... why ? .. haha ...  no answer. 

I never even read how long any warranty is on a Shopee item because I know it'll be a sh_t fight to implement that. 

it's all buyer beware .....    caveat emptor 

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BigBruv said:

Par for the course in Thailand.

Intelligence levels in both locals and foreigners who stay long term are way below the average of our home countries.

Hub of divs.

Not sure about that. Last time I was in the UK I was struck by the numbers of thick, ignorant, humourless people who seemed to predominate. Bore no resemblance to the country I grew up in. I hope you're speaking Thai to the Thais, not just speaking loudly in English.

• Haha 1

I had one recently via Lazada.  Was hunting/looking for 100% cotton gym shorts. 

Finally found some in western sizing.  Ordered 2 pair.  They arrived within 3 days.  All good. 

Open packages and find clothing label that clearly states 100% polyester.  WTF? 

Now I no longer buy any clothing online.  Can't be trusted.  You've got to eyeball the stuff before you buy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not just Thailand.In fact I find customer service much better in Thailand than the majority of the other countries including those "first world countries" .Number of weeks you need  to book in advance to get your oil changed in a car. Etc etc etc.Dealing with customer service for telecom companies .

I recently bought a watch for the wife on Lazada, shipped COD.

On arrival, I charged it up, but it would not connect to my Bluetooth. Tried different ways for a day, then requested a refund.

The seller had 4 days to respond. Got no respond from the seller. I I was instructed by Lazada to send it back to the seller.

When the seller received it, Lazada gave me a credit in my "wallet". Now I can't get it from my wallet to buy something else. Such a mess.

I refuse to use Shopee anymore. The shipper they use in my area is total junk. Packages either never arrive even after being signed for by the delivery guy, or take 5 days of longer. Shopee is terrible for service as well.

• Agree 1

Looks like you have a bad local delivery outlet. As a seller I find it a bit annoying that Shopee chooses different delivery companies  so we end up taking stuff to two or three receiving places on the same day.