Pattaya to become Southeast Asia’s premier destination

snoop1130

14 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Who said that? 

You said this racist generalization which is a load of nonsense, not all single mothers are from the village and are uneducated, they have other options than sell their bodies even if they are, uneducated just means unschooled but they can run a basic business but you are doing the "voter id is racist because black people can't get it" white liberal racist argument

20 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

These girls live with their baby, under the one roof, the house has no internal walls or ceiling, just a roof with external walls and an outdoor toilet, with their parents and siblings.

These people are the poorest of the poor. 

They barely have enough money for food and electricity, they haven't got money to start up a business, $10 is alot of money for them. 
Most are uneducated, they have got no business sense. 

On 6/20/2024 at 9:12 AM, Mason45 said:

The first thing they should do is have a Pattaya permit for the riff raff that come down from up north. Then they have to show that permit and have a meaningful job or else they get sent packing back, where they came from. Then again I suppose it's easier to blame farangs for everything.

Right , Thai males should not be allowed in Pattaya unless gainfully employed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryandb said:

You said this racist generalization which is a load of nonsense, not all single mothers are from the village and are uneducated, they have other options than sell their bodies even if they are, uneducated just means unschooled but they can run a basic business but you are doing the "voter id is racist because black people can't get it" white liberal racist argument

Omg, you are in your own little fantasy world. 

You choose to change the meaning of different comments. 

Is English your first language? 

Stop being a nuisance. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

On 6/20/2024 at 8:48 AM, spidermike007 said:

Totally false. Fake new. Why? Thailand is no longer attracting very many Western tourists for a dozen very good reasons. Right now it is predominantly Malaysian, Indian, Arab, Chinese, and Russian. One could argue that these are relatively low quality tourists, in terms of the amounts of money that they spend. Sure you have a few wealthy Russians and some  wealthy Chinese, but most are lower to middle income and don't spend alot. 

I think the value of these "other" tourist groups is high for Thailand.

Many of the misbehaving or low-spending tourists in Pattaya or Phuket are white caucasian fair-skinned western European NES farangs. Not Indians or Chinese.

• Agree 1

On 6/20/2024 at 5:42 AM, Shocked farang said:

Important to mention that a high percentage of the sex tourists get scammed in Pattaya. It's definitely a tourist trap, there's no culture only greed. 

And this "high percentage of the sex tourists get scammed" claim is based on what?

OK, 'fess up. How many times did you get hosed?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I know someone obliquely mentioned this already, but today's Bangkok Post reports that the PM is looking at Chonburi's tourist industry today and tomorrow he is off to U-Tapao airport to get updates on developments with regard to the EEC....

... and finally he is looking at a potential Formula 1 site in Khao Phra Tamnak, Bangalung following on from his recent meeting with F1 bosses in Italy.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Shocked farang said:
16 hours ago, NanLaew said:

And this "high percentage of the sex tourists get scammed" claim is based on what?

OK, 'fess up. How many times did you get hosed?

This is a known fact, please don't project your negative experiences onto me. Thanks. 

Still no facts then, no basis for your "high percentage" claim beyond possibly some anecdotal tales? I'll allow that some may claim that it "happened to a friend" but, for the life of me, I cannot see how that applies in your case.

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2024 at 3:40 PM, AdamRich said:

Guys going out at night looking for hookers is considered a bustling nightlife?

The only people who would still think that are people who are one of those guys that never leave those areas.  80% of the people in Pattaya now a days are not there for that.

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, MarcelV said:

I think the value of these "other" tourist groups is high for Thailand.

Many of the misbehaving or low-spending tourists in Pattaya or Phuket are white caucasian fair-skinned western European NES farangs. Not Indians or Chinese.

It's all about numbers..... quantity over quality. 

On 6/19/2024 at 1:40 PM, Classic Ray said:

They should consider tourist safety with more enforcement of unlicensed motorbike rental, drunk driving, illegal parking/taxi mafia, ladyboy jewellery snatches, and training/regulation of nightclub doormen.

This is all from posts here, I never visit, put off years ago.

somehow i suspect that what a farang thinks "they should consider......." has about as much impact as a fart on the beach on a windy day.

The "Transformation" appears to be in what type of tourists Pattaya are now trying to attract. Last year it was families, now it appears to have Transformed to assumed gender of LBGQWERTY+ anything else not representing heterosexual family life. Man and Wife with child not welcome.

Bar girls are bad!

Rent boys and lady-boys are welcome, or actually encouraged to parade half dressed through the streets! What message does that send.

Pattaya beach is basically a cesspit . I would never swim there, or Jomtien which is slightly better. The pollution from the hundreds of boats could be stopped if they wanted. Give them a designated port further away. The drain system is comparable to 19 th century London . A regular loop service of electric buses would solve most of the filthy air you’re forced to breathe, and ban all tourist buses from the centre. Plant trees and make all sois walking zones only. Deliveries mornings only. 
It will never be a family resort and the authorities know it. H