A New Beginning in Thailand

Treat her like a worthless maid and make sure she knows her place.  Keep the go bag on standby so you can leave at any time.  Allow her to experience the good life so you can snatch it away at any point.

It's the only way.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Good Man, Farang. 😉  Of course that means I'll never get rid of that book.  😆

Just go in a bar and look for any farang sitting at the stage with his mouth wide open.

Then it's up to you if you just give him that book or tell him that for a price of only two lady drinks, he can educate himself.

Apart from that, I also have the printed version. And maybe every couple of years I think it's a good idea to read it again.

Just in case there is still anybody out there who didn't read it yet, this is one of the first paragraphs:

PETE
I don't know if it was love at first sight, but it was pretty damn close. She had the longest hair I'd ever
seen, jet black and almost down to her waist. She smiled all the time and had soft brown eyes that made
my heart melt, long legs that just wouldn't quit and a figure to die for. She was stark naked except for a
pair of black leather ankle boots with small chrome chains on the side. I think it was the boots that did it
for me.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just go in a bar and look for any farang sitting at the stage with his mouth wide open.

Then it's up to you if you just give him that book or tell him that for a price of only two lady drinks, he can educate himself.

Apart from that, I also have the printed version. And maybe every couple of years I think it's a good idea to read it again.

Just in case there is still anybody out there who didn't read it yet, this is one of the first paragraphs:

PETE
I don't know if it was love at first sight, but it was pretty damn close. She had the longest hair I'd ever
seen, jet black and almost down to her waist. She smiled all the time and had soft brown eyes that made
my heart melt, long legs that just wouldn't quit and a figure to die for. She was stark naked except for a
pair of black leather ankle boots with small chrome chains on the side. I think it was the boots that did it
for me.

Yesterday's cliché is today's chatGPT

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/22/2024 at 2:51 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

PETE
for me.

Yip, that's me who gave the laugh emoji. Fortunately, I never got that bug, but I've seen it in the bars (back when I was going).  👍

4 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Yip, that's me who gave the laugh emoji. Fortunately, I never got that bug, but I've seen it in the bars (back when I was going).  👍

Sure?

I don't want to know how I looked like when I was first time in such a bar.

I remember once, a looooong time ago, when the Crown group owned (I think to remember) 6 bars in Nana. The police temporarily closed half the bars, so all the girls from 6 bar were now in 3 bars, and those were the smaller bars at that time.

At that time, they had maybe 4 girls for every square meter of bar (not the dance floor, the bar floor).

I was in the middle of that, and I could almost not move. I am sure my faces showed some of that. 😉 

• Sad 1

On 6/22/2024 at 2:51 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

PETE
for me.

It's not a very good book - clumsily written and populated by horrible characters - and far less illuminating about the bar scene than the author believes and many reformed sexpats claim.

It's dated and hard to get hold of but for my money Jack Reynolds" "Woman of Bangkok" has better drawn and more sympathetic characters and better conveys the car crash impact of infatuation with a Thai bargirl.

Just now, jayboy said:

It's not a very good book - clumsily written and populated by horrible characters - and far less illuminating about the bar scene than the author believes and many reformed sexpats claim.

It's dated and hard to get hold of but for my money Jack Reynolds" "Woman of Bangkok" has better drawn and more sympathetic characters and better conveys the car crash impact of infatuation with a Thai bargirl.

I read the book first when he published it for free download on his website - nobody wanted to print it.

I knew a couple of the places and a few of the characters of the book. IMHO it described the situation at that time very accurately.

When Stephen Leather finally found a publisher for the book years later it was really hard for them to find a girl with long black hair for the cover page. By then, most girls had color in their hair.

Finally, they found the perfect girl in Angelwitch when Matt still owned that place.

The good old times.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I read the book first when he published it for free download on his website - nobody wanted to print it.

I knew a couple of the places and a few of the characters of the book. IMHO it described the situation at that time very accurately.

When Stephen Leather finally found a publisher for the book years later it was really hard for them to find a girl with long black hair for the cover page. By then, most girls had color in their hair.

Finally, they found the perfect girl in Angelwitch when Matt still owned that place.

The good old times.

Er, so what.My original post makes the points I wanted to get across.

Incidentally Leather, though he has sold millions of his potboilers, has a lousy reputation for sock puppeting.Google if interested.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/aug/05/nick-cohen-cheating-authors-journalists

Nok, with her radiant smile and sparkling eyes, had become a familiar face in the busy bar where she worked. Despite her job, she always carried herself with grace and dignity, earning respect and affection from both colleagues and patrons. Her life, however, was far from easy, supporting her family back in her small village with the money she earned.

Somchai, a regular visitor to Pattaya, had noticed Nok the first time he stepped into the bar. He was captivated by her charm and genuine kindness. Over time, they developed a bond that went beyond the usual customer-bargirl relationship. Somchai often found himself thinking about her even when he was back in Bangkok.

David, on the other hand, was new to Thailand. With his backpack slung over his shoulder, he wandered into Nok's bar one evening, drawn by the lively atmosphere. His eyes met Nok's, and he was immediately struck by her beauty and warmth. Despite the language barrier, they managed to communicate, and David found himself returning to the bar night after night, eager to learn more about the enigmatic woman who had captured his heart.

Somchai, sensing a change in Nok, began to realize that someone else had entered her life. He noticed the way her eyes lit up when she spoke about David, and it pained him. He had never confessed his feelings to Nok, partly out of respect for her situation and partly out of fear of rejection. But seeing her happiness with David made him question his own choices.

David, meanwhile, was falling deeper for Nok. He admired her strength and resilience, and the way she managed to maintain her kindness despite the hardships she faced. He wanted to be more than just a passing traveler in her life; he wanted to be someone she could rely on, someone who could offer her a better future.

Nok found herself torn between two men who cared deeply for her. Somchai, with his stability and understanding of her culture, offered a sense of security and familiarity. David, with his adventurous spirit and genuine affection, brought excitement and a promise of a different life.

One evening, as the sun set over the beach, Nok decided to speak her heart to both men. She invited Somchai and David to meet her at a quiet spot by the shore. The gentle sound of the waves provided a soothing backdrop as she gathered her thoughts.

"I care for both of you deeply," Nok began, her voice steady. "Somchai, you have always been kind and supportive. You understand my struggles and respect my choices. David, you have shown me a world beyond my own, filled with hope and new possibilities. But my heart cannot belong to two people."

Somchai and David listened intently, both understanding the gravity of the situation. Nok continued, her eyes reflecting the sincerity of her words.

"Somchai, I am grateful for everything you have done for me. You have been a true friend and a source of strength. But my heart belongs to David. He makes me dream of a different life, a life where I can be free to explore and grow."

Somchai nodded, a bittersweet smile on his face. "I understand, Nok. Your happiness is what matters most to me. I will always be here for you, as a friend."

David took Nok's hand, his eyes filled with emotion. "I promise to take care of you, Nok. To support you and help you achieve your dreams."

With Somchai's blessing, Nok and David embarked on a new journey together. They traveled through Thailand, exploring its beauty and culture, and eventually settled in a small village where they started a new life. Nok began a small business, using the skills she had learned over the years to create a better future for herself and her family.

Somchai, true to his word, remained a close friend. He visited them often, bringing news from the city and sharing in their happiness. Though his heart had been broken, he found solace in knowing that Nok was living the life she had always dreamed of.

Under the neon lights of Pattaya, a story of love, sacrifice, and new beginnings had unfolded, leaving behind a legacy of hope and resilience.

---

**End**

• Sad 1