Belgian Tourist Dies After Brutal Attack in Hua Hin

2 hours ago, vangrop said:

Some pot heads on this forum will not like this. It is just one more incident attributable to a drug addict. a drunk would be physically incapable of carrying out this crime, since he would barely stand on his legs

Having worked in two different bars, I can guarantee that there are drunks that are fully capable of assaulting someone, and beating the crap out of the victim, before the criminal drunk attacker is stopped, by other patrons in the bar, or the police.   

A man (or woman) is drunk long before they "would barely stand on his legs"!  Some get drunk sooner, some get drunk later, after they begin drinking, but still are drunk before they are falling down drunk!

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

if you were  fish you would be on the BBQ now

That makes sense, you must be a very smart person to come up with something like that. Clown.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

Very strange story that lacks detail as others have said.  

Was the attack random ?

Has the attacker been caught ?

Is he in Jail  ?

Was the attacker on cannabis or something ?

no details at all .....  

Cannabis alone will not cause people to be aggressive 

16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"The German attacker roamed the area for hours after the assault before being apprehended by police".

Information stated in the story further down.    He was apprehended by police ....

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, stoner said:

no cannabis steven. generally speaking people using cannabis don't commit violent attacks. now before you go google a few events lets not get into that when you know very well alcohol dwarfs cannabis. and meth takes the cake. 

Alcohol only dwarfs cannabis because it is a more commonly used drug. If the same people who become violent after alcohol start taking cannabis you would probably see similar figures. Excess use of cannabis produces paranoia in susceptible people, just as excess use of alcohol produces violence in susceptible people. The attacker probably took alcohol and cannabis and  became a violent paranoid who attacked random people because he thought they were laughing at him. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Cannabis alone will not cause people to be aggressive 

Yes it can, it can cause paranoia. Paranoid people 'defend' themselves by attacking those they fixate on, in the belief that the other person was planning to attack them or was trying to kill them.  Not necessarily physically violent , they can use poisons and other insidious 'non violent' methods as has been recorded in the past. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, RobU said:

Alcohol only dwarfs cannabis because it is a more commonly used drug. If the same people who become violent after alcohol start taking cannabis you would probably see similar figures. Excess use of cannabis produces paranoia in susceptible people, just as excess use of alcohol produces violence in susceptible people. The attacker probably took alcohol and cannabis and  became a violent paranoid who attacked random people because he thought they were laughing at him. 

i disagree. cannabis use is more common than you might think. your theory of connecting the two is unlikely. 

generally speaking people who drink heavy are not smokers. and vice versa. 

15 minutes ago, RobU said:

Yes it can, it can cause paranoia. Paranoid people 'defend' themselves by attacking those they fixate on, in the belief that the other person was planning to attack them or was trying to kill them.  Not necessarily physically violent , they can use poisons and other insidious 'non violent' methods as has been recorded in the past. 

too much effort for us stoners to get violent. poisons and other methods ? nice speculation and reefer madness. your previous post i replied to respectfully ...but this one ? 

you sound ridiculous now. poison hahahaha please do post a link of some stoner poisoning someone and all that other bs you wrote. 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, stoner said:

too much effort for us stoners to get violent. poisons and other methods ? nice speculation and reefer madness. your previous post i replied to respectfully ...but this one ? 

you sound ridiculous now. poison hahahaha please do post a link of some stoner poisoning someone and all that other bs you wrote. 

https://www.news-medical.net/health/Differences-between-Paranoid-Personality-Disorder-and-Paranoid-Schizophrenia.aspx#:~:text=Such a pervasive mistrust of,a key feature of schizophrenia.

Noted that it has been recently stated that cannabis does not produce schizophrenia but it does produce paranoia and paranoid people can be violent and will go to extreme lengths to 'defend' themselves from their perceived threats including planning and executing poisonings etc over a period of time6

Edited by RobU
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RobU said:

https://www.news-medical.net/health/Differences-between-Paranoid-Personality-Disorder-and-Paranoid-Schizophrenia.aspx#:~:text=Such a pervasive mistrust of,a key feature of schizophrenia.

Noted that it has been recently stated that cannabis does not produce schizophrenia but it does produce paranoia and paranoia can be violent and will go to extreme lengths to 'defend' themselves from their perceived threats 

that link has nothing to do with what i asked you. you said a stoner can use poison and other methods. i asked you for proof of this. you send some stupid link. 

• Haha 1

Seems noone knows what happened to the violent thug who murdered the poor old Belgian. Similarly no one seems to know what happened to the English sex offenders in Pattaya who got their heads kicked in last week...deservedly so IMO.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, stoner said:

that link has nothing to do with what i asked you. you said a stoner can use poison and other methods. i asked you for proof of this. you send some stupid link. 

<deleted> ...give up the weed and the booze...start living for real.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

well said stoner! you'll never get this troll to understand. he thinks alcohol is without fault and that tokers are despicable criminals

sorry Potachee,  I'm not a drug users ... therefore I guess i don't fit in with the likes of you ...   haha :thumbsup:

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RobU said:

Noted that it has been recently stated that cannabis does not produce schizophrenia but it does produce paranoia and paranoid people can be violent and will go to extreme lengths to 'defend' themselves from their perceived threats including planning and executing poisonings etc over a period of time6

Where does your linked information say that cannabis causes paranoia?  

• Agree 1

According to this article:

Hua Hin Today understands that Hua Hin Police did launch an initial investigation into the incident. However, the whereabouts and legal status of the attacker is not known.

I can't believe that the German's name hasn't been published. Usually you see a name.

https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/belgian-man-dies-from-injuries-sustained-in-brutal-and-unprovoked-attack-in-hua-hin/

1 hour ago, radiochaser said:

Where does your linked information say that cannabis causes paranoia?  

https://healthyliferecovery.com/weed-paranoia-psychosis/#:~:text=THC (the psychoactive compound in,you feel paranoid and anxious.

It has been common knowledge for many years I didn't realise that I had to prove again what has already been accepted by the scientific and medical communities. I worked as a nurse in units dedicated to treating side effects of cannabis. 

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

sorry Potachee,  I'm not a drug users ... therefore I guess i don't fit in with the likes of you ...   haha :thumbsup:

well, truth be told, i dont partake anymore, nor do i drink. but i do see you with the likes of drunks and bigots on a stool somewhere in a decrepit bar. prolly driving when youre drunk too

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"The German attacker roamed the area for hours after the assault before being apprehended by police".

Information stated in the story further down.    He was apprehended by police ....

I know, that is what I posted!

4 hours ago, stoner said:

https://healthyliferecovery.com/weed-paranoia-psychosis/#:~:text=THC (the psychoactive compound in,you feel paranoid and anxious.

It has been common knowledge for many years I didn't realise that I had to prove again what has already been accepted by the scientific and medical communities. I worked as a nurse in units dedicated to treating side effects of cannabis. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, RobU said:

It has been common knowledge for many years I didn't realise that I had to prove again what has already been accepted by the scientific and medical communities. I worked as a nurse in units dedicated to treating side effects of cannabis. 

seems you are having a hard time understanding what has happened here between us. 

you said and i quote ...

9 hours ago, RobU said:

then i said and i quote.....

9 hours ago, stoner said:

then you posted some random link. so my initial question that started all this still stands.

show me where someone on cannabis ever poisoned someone and all that other bs you wrote. 

3 hours ago, stoner said:

seems you are having a hard time understanding what has happened here between us. 

you said and i quote ...

then i said and i quote.....

then you posted some random link. so my initial question that started all this still stands.

show me where someone on cannabis ever poisoned someone and all that other bs you wrote. 

Lets get something straight.. we are talking about PARANOIA caused by cannabis

PARANOID people, no matter what the cause of the paranoia, are capable of carefully planning and poisoning those they perceive as threatening them.

You seem as bad as any alcoholic, you won't recognise the dangers of your drug of choice you seem to think you can handle it, just like an alcoholic in denial, you can't accept that there are dangers in taking it and do your best to deny any problems that are caused by your drug of choice. the person spouting bs is you.

4 minutes ago, RobU said:

Lets get something straight.. we are talking about PARANOIA caused by cannabis

PARANOID people, no matter what the cause of the paranoia, are capable of carefully planning and poisoning those they perceive as threatening them.

You seem as bad as any alcoholic, you won't recognise the dangers of your drug of choice you seem to think you can handle it, just like an alcoholic in denial, you can't accept that there are dangers in taking it and do your best to deny any problems that are caused by your drug of choice. the person spouting bs is you.

read what you wrote then come back. we can have a conversation about paranoia after you show me where people who smoke cannabis are poisoning or that other bs you mention. your comment is what made me reply. then you started off showing all things paranoia which has nothing to do with you claiming poisoning. 

show me a single event of a cannabis user poisoning someone. 

where have i denied any problems or issues ? why are you putting things out there that i didn't say. 

stop it.