Advice needed post extension retirement funds

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

OK.

To be clear again the OP wasn't even talking about what you were talking about! The three month order to attend the office again which Jomtien does and almost nowhere else does and we agree that SHOULD BE IGNORED. 

Yes.

I also agree with you about waiting until a month before expiry and applying as if nothing has happened. Obviously, make sure the account is above 800k twp months before.

Worse case scenario it costs 8,500 Baht (6,600 Baht net of the extension fee) to use an agent. 

Wordt worse case is do a border bounce without reentry permit and start from scratch with a visa exempt.... or take a bit longer away  and enter on a Non-Imm 'O'.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

About Jomtien.

You may be able to just show your passbook going back the full year IF there are no composite transactions (deposits or withdrawals).

If not every single transaction is shown in the book, then you must get a printed statement from the bank going back the full year.

did you read the OP's entire post? He was told that he must provide a 12 month statement when the next extension is to be done. They'll easily be able to see that his father made the withdrawal before the 3 months were up.

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

did you read the OP's entire post? He was told that he must provide a 12 month statement when the next extension is to be done. They'll easily be able to see that his father made the withdrawal before the 3 months were up.

Yes I did.

I agree.

Edited by Jingthing

There is no gun to his head to do ANYTHING right now. He's fine on this extension even though he technically didn't follow the seasoning requirements, there's no way they'll catch that until they go to apply

for the NEW year extension.

I'd say get the 800K in the bank then just before this extension runs out, bounce out of the country, get OFF this extension on to a free entry stamp and apply in country at the immigration office for first the 90 day Non-O visa for 2000baht and after 2 months the year extension for 1900baht and after that pay attention to the seasoning requirements 😛😉 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/23/2024 at 7:57 AM, hotandsticky said:

No it isn't a bad situation; even Jomtien don't bother checking the 3 month rule, despite giving you an appointment notice.

He just needs to keep above 400k.

Also if its in Phuket 

On 6/23/2024 at 8:01 AM, Jingthing said:

This is absolutely totally false and dangerous MISINFORMATION.

Jomtien most definitely does look at the full year's back history to determine compliance.

You're just wrong. Completely wrong. 

Also if its in Phuket,  they will definitely check if you have gone below 800,000 during the first 3 months after. They insist on providing them with a full 12 month bank statement that must start from the date you first got the extension,  so they can check thoroughly if you ever went below the 800,000 during the 3 months of course havent gone below 400,000 during the next 7 months.

Edited by Brick Top
Spelling

On 6/23/2024 at 8:45 AM, sup3r1or said:

Hello everyone, I really really  need an advice. Me personally I have been on working visa since 2016, so I didn't have much experience with retirement visa. 

My dad came over in September last year, we put 800k into bank account and in December extended his visa. I helped him with the forms (because he can't see well) and dropped him off at the immigration and went to take kids to school. When I came back to pick him up everything was done, the lady office told me. Please do not go below 400k and next time we will need a 12-month statement.  

Yesterday I was going through his documents just to see what's what, I notice this paper that he signed that said 800k after extension must not be touched for 3 months! The problem is I just saw this paper yesterday and literally 2 weeks after extending his visa, he bought a scooter so he can commute around.  What should I do now? I have no idea. I wish they would have said so to me, when we extended. If I go and talk to them, will they just suddenly say that his visa is cancelled, and he must leave? Or that he overstayed? Next renewal will be in December, I don't know if there are any options that we have like leaving the country and making a new retirement visa? Our immigration here in the small town is pretty strict and very meticulous, when it comes to paperwork. 

Can any please give any advice on the best course of action, I really feel like if he has to leave, he will go back home, which would be heartbreaking for me. 

In case the immigration officer at next extension of stay-application checks the bank account for balance during the previous 12 months – they often require photocopies of all pages in a bankbook since last extension of stay – your father cannot extend his stay based on retirement and needs to leave the country, and start all over again with a new non-immigrant O-visa.

My advise is always: If you can afford, deposit the 800k baht in a 12-months fixed account and just leave them there. Once a year you can withdraw the interest, but never let the balance go just one satang under 800k. Using a fixed account gives better interest, and it also makes it difficult by accident to use any of the retirement deposit-funds. Furthermore, it easy for the immigration officer to check that the financial conditions have been kept.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, khunPer said:

your father cannot extend his stay based on retirement and needs to leave the country, and start all over again with a new non-immigrant O-visa.

Agree..

Been stated couple of times.

I would even go one step further and use a new bank book or even new account. 

Of course his other option is to use an agent. At 80 yrs of age seems sensible option to me. 

Have agent do annual extensions, 90 reports etc