Teaching without a degree

Angus55

Had you taken a moment to search for this topic, you would have found this dead horse has been beaten far too many times, asked and answered possibly hundreds of times.

Bottom line - if you want a work permit to teach in Thailand, you must have the traditional Bachelors degree. Anything else are speculative, rare exceptions or recommendations to work at schools who will hire you illegally. Should you be caught, you can be arrested, jailed, deported and blacklisted.

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:
18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

OH!

Three bar girls from my village have asked if I would teach them English.....might need to find another method of payment other than cash?

Depends on what they look like naked I suppose.

Depends on if the light switch works.

• Haha 2

OK, the OP says that he is an excellent teacher.  Does that mean he is teaching now/recently?  Where was he teaching? In Thailand?  Also, he says that he doesn't hold a traditional 4 year degree.  Well, not all degree courses last 4 years (my electronics degree was 3 years).  What academic qualifications does the OP have and what teaching experience?

I'll add some more questions.  The OP doesn't say what subject he teaches.  His written English punctuation is poor (well, terrible actually!).  Perhaps he is a Science teacher, History teacher etc . (That's not an excuse for poor punctuation BTW).

If the OP is seeking a teaching income, he should consider teaching online, where the need for paper qualifications may not be as strict.  My online teaching income is about 90,000 Thai baht each month, similar to what I previously earned as an in-class teacher in Myanmar.

any foreign bachelor has a right to teach in thailand. 

I saw accountants teaching science in Bangkok. So what? it is Thailand after all. 

there are public schools managed by MoE and those so-called international [private] schools infested with wannabees. 

If parents want to send their kids to those ****hole than well - good for them.

I've seen south african, uzbeki even ukranian teachers between god loving philipinas with few drops of americans and aussies. funny 

On 6/24/2024 at 2:50 PM, Will B Good said:

OH!

Three bar girls from my village have asked if I would teach them English.....might need to find another method of payment other than cash?

That doesn't sound like a job for one. I'm happy to be a teaching assistant, by the hour.

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2024 at 2:47 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

Had you taken a moment to search for this topic, you would have found this dead horse has been beaten far too many times, asked and answered possibly hundreds of times.

Bottom line - if you want a work permit to teach in Thailand, you must have the traditional Bachelors degree. Anything else are speculative, rare exceptions or recommendations to work at schools who will hire you illegally. Should you be caught, you can be arrested, jailed, deported and blacklisted.

Incorrect, universities and language schools do not require a degree

11 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Incorrect, universities and language schools do not require a degree

THEY might hire you but IMMIGRATION will arrest you, deport you and blacklist you for working without a permit. I don't get why people keep posting this nonsense.

"Although universities, language schools, and vocational schools are not governed by Krusapha the teacher's council, a teaching license is not needed. However, a degree is still mandatory to teach legally and with a work permit at a language center in Thailand."

https://www.kruteacher.com/menu/blog/87-teaching-in-thailand-without-a-degree.html#:~:text=Although universities%2C language schools%2C and,a language center in Thailand.

10 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

THEY might hire you but IMMIGRATION will arrest you, deport you and blacklist you for working without a permit. I don't get why people keep posting this nonsense.

"Although universities, language schools, and vocational schools are not governed by Krusapha the teacher's council, a teaching license is not needed. However, a degree is still mandatory to teach legally and with a work permit at a language center in Thailand."

https://www.kruteacher.com/menu/blog/87-teaching-in-thailand-without-a-degree.html#:~:text=Although universities%2C language schools%2C and,a language center in Thailand.

Sadly you have quoted a private website made by somebody else who does not know the rules and law.

"THEY might hire you but IMMIGRATION will arrest you, deport you and blacklist you for working without a permit.", they will indeed, but to get a work permit to work at those places does not require a degree.

Only places that come under OBEC (if you don't know what that is, better you don't post again), require a degree.

15 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Sadly you have quoted a private website made by somebody else who does not know the rules and law.

"THEY might hire you but IMMIGRATION will arrest you, deport you and blacklist you for working without a permit.", they will indeed, but to get a work permit to work at those places does not require a degree.

Only places that come under OBEC (if you don't know what that is, better you don't post again), require a degree.

If he doesn't know it might be helpful to quote this.....  https://www.obec.go.th/

• Sad 1