What city in Thailand has the best weather?

I've been around central and north 2000+km looking for "best weather" but always return to Jomtien beach.

(Chiang Rai was Ok but too humid)

Jomtien is not perfect but you can count on nice 'n fresh morning breeze during my 9km walk which always make my day nice. Haven't found better in Thailand yet.

Next winter I try Ko Samui, small Ko Phangan and Chumphon on mainland. I found these spots from various people on international forums who like same things as I do.

I don't plan to live in Asia but will spend 4-6 months in winter.

I always can return to my favorite Nha Trang, Vietnam. Before I kick the bucket I also want to explore wonderful islands of Philippines!

I am a big dreamer... and so many dreams have become true. No reason to change unless I get married and she is the boss. That'd be fine too. I like the way Asian women get empowered by marrying an old fart farang 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2024 at 6:34 AM, Hummin said:

West coast is great most seasons, but heavy rain season

I was in Phuket 2 yrs ago and it rained non stop.Jan and Feb . So hot and humid and wet. Daytime mainly dry and come late afternoon the sky turned black and a soaking. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, geisha said:

I was in Phuket 2 yrs ago and it rained non stop.Jan and Feb . So hot and humid and wet. Daytime mainly dry and come late afternoon the sky turned black and a soaking. 

At least clean and refreshes the air.  

On 6/27/2024 at 5:34 PM, Captor said:

Were do you live exactly if I may ask? I am looking into Hua Hin but have not decided yet and are looking into other options as well.

I lived over 2 years in Hua Hin about 13Years ago. It was much better than Phuket weather wise. Cooler, often a nice breeze . My pool was often cold ! I moved because I got bored, not enough to do. Not enough shops. 

Apparently it’s much better now with more Malls and shop choice. 
Now staying in Jomtien which isn’t too bad weather wise. I stay from Nov to March, longstayer or snowbirds as we are called.

You could always move up to the mountain areas in Chiang Rai, much cooler temperatures. Some people would enjoy that. 

• Thanks 1

Chiang Mai + Mae Hong Son till just before the burning season...postively chilly over December/January. There is euro forestry at the cloud line in the surrounding mountains.

Edited by freedomnow

On 7/23/2024 at 5:58 PM, geisha said:

I lived over 2 years in Hua Hin about 13Years ago. It was much better than Phuket weather wise. Cooler, often a nice breeze . My pool was often cold ! I moved because I got bored, not enough to do. Not enough shops. 

Now staying in Jomtien which isn’t too bad weather wise. I stay from Nov to March, longstayer or snowbirds as we are called.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for not being here for some days. Nice input and very valuable for me as I am trying out to find where to settle down. Hua Hin is a strong option for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/23/2024 at 10:58 PM, geisha said:

I second that. I spent two weeks in Hua Hin at the Hilton. Nice hotel but it was the most boring time in Thailand I ever had. 

On 7/13/2024 at 4:20 AM, The Fugitive said:

Odd how Government hospitals are provided/located. Population is an obvious factor but there must be other considerations too? Our local community hospital has been inadequate for years, patients in beds along both sides of corridors being the norm. A sizeable extension was completed last year and another is now in progress. In the next larger town it wasn't possible to extend the hospital due to it's town centre location. Another, much larger hospital was built, out of town. The original hospital has been retained, with each having 24 hour A/E departments.    

Where is that?