Biden Vows to Return for Second Debate Against Trump Despite Disastrous Performance

Social Media

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

You must me pretty out of it, when you still think you are fit for the job in his condition. Dont you think so? 

Is like some elderly people do not relise they should park the car and stop driving before itnis to late, and have an accident. 

I replied to: "is it okay to have a man in seat who do not know what he signing when handed papers he most probaly do not read through and understand? "

9 minutes ago, candide said:

I replied to: "is it okay to have a man in seat who do not know what he signing when handed papers he most probaly do not read through and understand? "

Do you think he still have to energy and able to keep up? 

53 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Sorry, your selectively picking years which is the wrong approach.  How about over a 4 year period.  The USA economy is booming and the EU is not. The data you provided shows that the USA was growing almost 50% more than the EU in 2019 and you state this is not much. Really?  Hence the higher inflation. 

You do know that those growth numbers above are adjusted for inflation?  Those number verify that adjusted for inflation the USA economy is substantially better than the EU during Bidens administration.  I'll most likely be voting for Trump but just saying...  Why was the USA throwing so much money into an overheating economy??? Strange and I don't see how it won't cause terrible consequences.

If Trump gets elected, he definitely will be inheriting substantially more debt than in 2016.  

I am not selectively picking any year. I was initially replying to another poster who was bragging about the level of inflation in 2019. That's why my posts were about 2019. There was nothing to bragg about as inflation was higher than in comparable countries.

After that, Iwas mainly reacting to the use of "booming economy". 2.5% growth is not "booming". It's a moderate growth, which the U.S. already had under Obama.

I don't disagree about the  relation between growth and inflation. 

Trump tax cuts sustained growth a bit, created a bit more inflation, and lead to a debt increase.

The Biden administration increased the debt level significantly, but at least it obtained a significant growth compared to other comparable countries, who also increased their debt level.

Cumulative growth compared to pre-pandemic level (2019) ×2 compared to Canada, × 2.7 compared to the eurozone, and x8 compared to UK (the other poster was also bragging about UK).

Then it's likely a question of choice. More growth (jobs) vs less deficit (debt). 

The next President (whoever is elected) should have to reduce the deficit and at least stabilize debt. Not sure it would be the case and I don't see how Trump's program (i.e. tax cuts) will reduce inflation and debt.

If he's elected, Trump will likely inherit a growing economy and a good job situation (if nothing unexpected happens before that).

0f37d7d4-7d00-4b1c-9343-0effd980b0a1.png

5f20b174-2560-42cf-af83-4de31cbbf809.png

• Thanks 1

This is not helping:

Jill Biden enthusiastically supports Joe after debate: 'You did such a great job'

Gabe Hauari

12{31 PM ET June 28, 2024

First Lady Jill Biden gave President Joe Biden a warm welcome as he stepped on stage at an Atlanta hotel after Thursday night's debate − despite his performance sparking concerns about his candidacy.

"Didn't the president do a great job? Yes!" said Jill Biden to supporters who gathered at the hotel after Joe stepped on stage. ...

"Joe you did such a great job," she went on. "You answered every question, you knew all the facts."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/06/28/jill-biden-after-debate-video/74244737007/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2024 at 8:30 AM, Yellowtail said:

The clip was sad, looked like she was going to pat him on the head and give him a cookie. 

It was embarrassing, like a Mother on sports day telling her son he did great even though he came last in the egg and spoon race.

She appears reluctant to admit her days as first lady are coming to an end. I'd imagine her and Hunter are the ones persuading him to stay on. They both need him, her for the lifestyle and him for the pardon for his crimes. Sad indeed. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Biden had an exhaustive 14 days oversea official schedule before he took on Trump.

what ?

biden spent the week before the debate at camp david. which means he was back from that 14 day trip for a week before the debate.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

what ?

biden spent the week before the debate at camp david. which means he was back from that 14 day trip for a week before the debate.   

Biden not resting at Camp David. Meanwhile Trump fully rested and still can't deliver. 

• Confused 1

On 6/29/2024 at 8:41 AM, susanlea said:

Corpse fan hey. Dont you guys get tired of lying to cover for Biden? 2019 economy was perfect. No wars no border chaos.

Your statement has nothing to do with the statement I made.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

so what does the 14 day trip have to do with anything then ? you are trying to make it sound like biden was all busy all over the place leading up to the debate and trump was sitting on his fat arse doing nothing.

do you have a cold ? 

Biden spent 6 or 7 minutes reading a speech today off a giant teleprompter :coffee1:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stoner said:

so what does the 14 day trip have to do with anything then ? you are trying to make it sound like biden was all busy all over the place leading up to the debate and trump was sitting on his fat arse doing nothing.

do you have a cold ? 

It was actually 2 back-to-back round trips to Europe. Jam-packed exhausting schedule. Attended D-Day celebration in France returned home and left Washington and back to France for a state dinner in Paris. He was busy while Trump played golf and doing choreographed "comfort zone' ralles with the same speech.

I am fine. Thank you for asking. 

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

It was actually 2 back-to-back round trips to Europe. Jam-packed exhausting schedule. Attended D-Day celebration in France returned home and left Washington and back to France for a state dinner in Paris. He was busy while Trump played golf and doing choreographed "comfort zone' ralles with the same speech.

I am fine. Thank you for asking. 

and all that was done more than a week prior to the debate. so again what does it have to do with the debate ? biden had a week to wind down from all of that. all he had to do was prepare for a debate. how exhausting can that be ? 

o wait did you watch the debate ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

and all that was done more than a week prior to the debate. so again what does it have to do with the debate ? biden had a week to wind down from all of that. all he had to do was prepare for a debate. how exhausting can that be ? 

o wait did you watch the debate ?

Still missing the point. Full rested Trump just can't resist lying in the debate and answering the direct questions and blown his chance to appeal to the undecided and independent voters. 

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Still missing the point. Full rested Trump just can't resist lying in the debate and answering the direct questions and blown his chance to appeal to the undecided and independent voters. 

Ok. Fooooooooooore.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, susanlea said:

More deflection. Rather sad. Biden been lying for 50 years. He now can't walk 200m or talk for 2 minutes without a teleprompter. Saddest person ever in that role.

Yet all you do is deflect deflect deflect

Yet those Biden administration results………and yet those results 

12 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

ok.

21 minutes ago, susanlea said:

More deflection. Rather sad. Biden been lying for 50 years. He now can't walk 200m or talk for 2 minutes without a teleprompter. Saddest person ever in that role.

Yet all you do is deflect deflect deflect

He saved USA from a poor inherited economy savaged by Trump's mismanagement of the pandemic. The envy of developed countries. Not bad. 

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word

14 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

you do you know that biden ALSO lied in the debate right ? they BOTH lied. now you will respond ya but trump lied more. 

which was the meaning of my comment that was deleted. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

you do you know that biden ALSO lied in the debate right ? they BOTH lied. now you will respond ya but trump lied more. 

which was the meaning of my comment that was deleted. 

The debate would have a different outcome if CNN didn't have the silly condition not to fact check. Yes both lie but more by Trump by something like 3 to 1. It is significant and has bearing on the viewers.