What has happened to Wise Transfers lately

16 minutes ago, n00dle said:

why are you using ach? I transfer from my wise wallet into my thai account for paying only the service fee. No ach charge. 

I'm not.  I was answering the question I quoted and showing when a wire transfer is better than an ACH transfer.

In your case it appears your money is already with Wise so not applicable.

• 2 months later...
On 6/30/2024 at 7:34 AM, gargamon said:

What is your Thai bank? 3 banks, last time I looked into it, were direct. My transfers show up within a few minutes to K-bank. Large transfers may be overnight. The other two fast banks are BKK and SCB I think.

I experienced a similar situation with BKK.

Small amounts (1K - 2K AUD) were credited in seconds.

But for the last transfer, I get an email saying ...

Your money's on its way

We're processing your money now — it'll reach your bank soon.

Large transfers may be overnight. - How much would be considered large?

2 hours ago, ravip said:

The exceptions are if the bank is closed for a bank or public holiday, when it will arrive on the next bank working day.

Aren't these transactions automated?

Yes they are, BUT they stop at the main office, and as no people wprk at the weekend, the bank computer takes the weekend off as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Yes they are, BUT they stop at the main office, and as no people wprk at the weekend, the bank computer takes the weekend off as well.

I have successfully transferred WISE to Kasikorn at weekends

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

But did it actually arrive at your personal account at the weekend.

If I transfer from my Wise account in the UK, using my Wise borderless account and the "funds for long stay in Thailand" code to my Thai BKK Bank account, the funds will not arrive until Monday afternoon until after 2pm, or the next banking open day.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Yes. 

One example, last Saturday, it took seconds to appear in K Bank. Ser attached.

IMG_20241003_133038.thumb.jpg.9ea66c44e459718e2ba097719871e9ea.jpg

IMG_20241003_133014.jpg

Good for you.

What wise code did you use, as some go through faster than others.

"Funds for long term stay in Thailand" normally take 24 hours except during bank holidays.

I am saving the KBank stuff for after my death when the funds can go straight into my wife's bank account at KBank.

At this time, my pensions go to BKK bank to keep Immigration happy with my marriage income visa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

If not for Long Stay or Property or over Bht 10,000 it will be instant. Been there and proved it.

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2024 at 7:07 PM, OJAS said:

Sounds to me like you've been using the Wise app to initiate your transfers. Once your money ends up back in your Canadian bank why not try initiating an online internet transfer instead? I've personally dumped their app in view of the cumbersome verification nonsense they now seem to be insisting on. In my experience the verification process involved in initiating online internet transfers merely involves you re-entering your password every now and then!

I always use the Wise app with no problems. If I do a transfer with PC, online, it asks me to verify the PC on my phone.

24 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Good for you.

What wise code did you use, as some go through faster than others.

"Funds for long term stay in Thailand" normally take 24 hours except during bank holidays.

I am saving the KBank stuff for after my death when the funds can go straight into my wife's bank account at KBank.

At this time, my pensions go to BKK bank to keep Immigration happy with my marriage income visa.

In all honesty I can't remember (and the WISE pdf doesn't show the reason). I routinely use the long term funds' option but I cannot guarantee that I used it on this occasion. Actually, I don't usually transfer at weekends - I might take the 72 hour option and wait for Monday to see what the rate is.

This was a small transfer (which was for a friend wanting to transfer money to his wife) so I may have used a different reason for transfer. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

If not for Long Stay or Property or over Bht 10,000 it will be instant. Been there and proved it.

Yes, the delay started after choosing property + over 10,000 Bht

• Thumbs Up 1