Phone bank app scam

When I transfer money to people I noticed it always has an odd amound of satang at the end.  Like 14,515.37.

When you type this it doesnt add the decimal point so you end up transfering 145,000 to them.  It is possible to manually add the dot but the defaul is to automatically miss it.

Just another thing to look out for.

Edited by Chris Daley
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Bangkok Bank app:

If you enter 1451537 in the edit without the dot this ends in:

"1451537.00"

before you hit confirm.

So would send 1.4 million Baht (likely stopped by limits).

Make a proposal how to improve.

Some people simply want to send 14515 Baht. They wouldn't be happy if 145.15 is sent.

I grew up in one of the rare countries where a decimal comma(!) is used and dot as separator.

Believe me I have to be very careful when changing between apps here and there 😊

When I transfer money to people I noticed it always has an odd amound of satang at the end.  Like 14,515.37.

When you type this it doesnt add the decimal point so you end up transfering 145,000 to them.  It is possible to manually add the dot but the defaul is to automatically miss it.

Ok, now you have explained your problem, and what seems to be a disadvantage on a personal level for you. 

Now, can we please hear more about the Phone Bank App Scam, cause I can´t seem to find that in your OP.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Strange.  When I transfer money to people, it never has the "odd amount of satang at the end."  Unless I put it there and I never do.  What are you talking about?

8 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

What are you talking about?

I hope I got it like i described above.

SW can't guess if or where you want a decimal point.

They could separate the input into a Baht and a two digit satang field. But you can bet that soon someone else will dislike it. Problems with copy/paste etc.

Edited by KhunBENQ