Tighty Whiteys: Where?

ricklev

44 minutes ago, ricklev said:

In the past I have occasionally found them at export shops

It is a real pain that the world these days makes change for changes sake.

There are a number of items that I have needed to replace but the shop does not sell them any more.

Now when I find them, I buy double the usual amount and hope that I do not die before I have worn them.

Good luck on your hunt.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ricklev said:
Where can I buy the tighty whiteys I have been wearing for the last 60 years? (Not the same pair.) In the past I have occasionally found them at export shops as they are manufactured in Vietnam and Bangladesh but I had to buy them from Amazon this time.

Central used to sell Hanes briefs just like my Mama, god rest her soul, used to buy me, but, alas, no more..

Seems like all the men's briefs sold in Thailand take the word literally and hug my hips like a desperate drowning sailor. (I have no idea what I mean by that but you get the drift.... 🙂)

May be an image of text

They are looking so beautiful outdated. Last time I saw them was with my grandma, or was it grandpa?😂.

I'm sure you'll get them at Lazada, Amazon, ebay or on a second hand market😂

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

They are looking so beautiful outdated. Last time I saw them was with my grandma, or was it grandpa?😂.

I'm sure you'll get them at Lazada, Amazon, ebay or on a second hand market😂

Lazada was absurdly overpriced, but Amazon was 950 baht for 9 pair including shipping. Which is reasonable.  I was just hoping to find locally again

Edited by ricklev
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ricklev said:
Where can I buy the tighty whiteys I have been wearing for the last 60 years? (Not the same pair.) In the past I have occasionally found them at export shops as they are manufactured in Vietnam and Bangladesh but I had to buy them from Amazon this time.

Central used to sell Hanes briefs just like my Mama, god rest her soul, used to buy me, but, alas, no more..

Seems like all the men's briefs sold in Thailand take the word literally and hug my hips like a desperate drowning sailor. (I have no idea what I mean by that but you get the drift.... 🙂)

May be an image of text

Be brave,  Go Scottish 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I bought some hanes t shirts and briefs a few years ago and had them shipped to me from the US. Sadly, I cannot remember the company and a quick search (of more than 30 minutes in my gmail acct), I've not been able to find the correspondence with that company.  The t-shirts and underwear were almost sale priced, but the shipping was a bit pricy. (well more than a bit, but it was better then Amazon). I think I started my search with only "but Hanes t-shirts" without my VPN on. But I've tried that this evening and nothing has jumped out and juggled my memory. Sad I couldn't help.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I bought some hanes t shirts and briefs a few years ago and had them shipped to me from the US. Sadly, I cannot remember the company and a quick search (of more than 30 minutes in my gmail acct), I've not been able to find the correspondence with that company.  The t-shirts and underwear were almost sale priced, but the shipping was a bit pricy. (well more than a bit, but it was better then Amazon). I think I started my search with only "but Hanes t-shirts" without my VPN on. But I've tried that this evening and nothing has jumped out and juggled my memory. Sad I couldn't help.

Thanks for taking the time to look.  Was the company called Borderfree?  I bought some Hanes briefs from them a few years years ago. I forgot all about them.  I think what happened was I ordered from the Hanes website and they use Borderfree for international deliveries.  

Your Shipment Summary

Order Date: March 5, 2021
Order Number:  
Tracking Number:  

Item Price Quantity Total
Hanes Men's FreshIQ™ ComfortSoft® Brief 7-Pack - L - White
2252P7 43 00U
THB 362.00 1 THB 362.00
Hanes Men's FreshIQ™ ComfortSoft® Brief 7-Pack - XL - White
2252P7 44 00U
THB 362.00 1 THB 362.00

Item Subtotal: THB 724.00
Shipping: THB 758.00
Duties: THB 0.00
Taxes: THB 0.00
Order Discount: THB 0.00
Total: THB 1,482.00
Edited by ricklev
  • Thumbs Up 1

First at your age shouldn't being wearing those white briefs, U.S. they seem to have ended white briefs due to the stains it causes to the environment LOL.

One try it BOXERS let the little guy free, why contain him in this heat, I stopped wearing those in my forties and never look back. Today as one posted showed there are just so many styles. 😂

4 hours ago, ricklev said:

...Was the company called Borderfree?...

Yes, that's the company. I realized last night that I had one other place to look. I just tried but, I had a problem opening the Outlook type mail app. Now, I don't have to waste anymore time on it.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

I've been looking for tidy whiteys in Thailand for ages. 

Last week, I broke down and bought some of the hot pink and lime green Calvin Kleins on offer all over MBK and Chatachuk, mostly as a joke, but partially because I was running out of clean undies on my weeklong stay.  I bought a few of the one-size-fits all stretchy style, in redonculous colors.

Turns out, they're super comfortable.  Who knew? 

I'm wearing a pair right now, my first full day since I washed them when I got home.  I may end up getting away from cotton undies.  If I do, I'm going to have to buy some more conservative colors.  I wouldn't want to get wheeled into the emergency room wearing these.

• Haha 1