TM30 v Yellow House Book

Yep you need a TM30 filed using the online system (or go and do it in person)

The fact you have a yellow house book or even the snazzy pink i/d card for foreigners doesn't mean you don't need a TM30

Here's the online link to the system
TM30 ONLINE 
And here's the PDF you get after you enter the data, save it, go back and search for it, then export it

example TM30 receipt.jpg

• Agree 2

OP, which immigration office do you use. Assume you are living in Thailand ongoing extensions. 

Typing this from Saigon airport and have done few of these trips in recent times.

I certainly won't be filing a TM30 upon return .

Immigration office CW.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, which immigration office do you use. Assume you are living in Thailand ongoing extensions. 

Typing this from Saigon airport and have done few of these trips in recent times.

Immigration office CW.

I use CW.

As far as I'm aware, we don't fill in the TM30. It should be filled in and submitted to immigration by the house owner/landlord.

I've been extending my visa for the past 20 years, and this is the first time I've been asked for it.

• Haha 1

@ Tod Daniels. Thanks for the information.

So, I do regular 90 day reports, that show my address.

I submit photos of my wife and I standing next to our house number.

I have a yellow TB which shows proof of where I live..........

............But still need a TM30.

Quick....get me another hoop to jump through. 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

............But still need a TM30.

Quick....get me another hoop to jump through

Just my own experience CW  ....

My first extension I shown my one year lease. Never did a TM30.

Since then have never made a TM30 and have stayed same address since 12 years. 

I do TM47 via mail in person and online when it worked for me.

Currently seems immigration syncing TM30 with TM47.

Immigration offices seem to run their own rules regarding some things such as TM30. 

You state that you need a new TM30...is that to do with online reporting? 

Just telling people how it is at Chaengwattana NOW to do 90 day reporting online since they updated the system.

You have to have a current TM30 and you have to have filed a NEW one since you came back IN to the country in order for the system to match
AND 
You also have to file the first 90 day report when you return from abroad IN PERSON (or use a service to do it) as the online system will reject it with the "file the first report in person" reason

The TM30 counter was JAMMED with people the other day who got called on the carpet not having one when they were applying for their extension or 90 day report and were trying to get it sorted 

To be completely honest I don't care if you people do or don't file TM30's or not, as I'm not wanting to get into an "I've been here 65 years and never done a TM30" pissing match 😛 but I would bet dollars to durian you're going to find it gets harder and harder to get online 90 days approved without it. 😕 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Just my own experience CW  ....

My first extension I shown my one year lease. Never did a TM30.

Since then have never made a TM30 and have stayed same address since 12 years. 

I do TM47 via mail in person and online when it worked for me.

Currently seems immigration syncing TM30 with TM47.

Immigration offices seem to run their own rules regarding some things such as TM30. 

You state that you need a new TM30...is that to do with online reporting? 

No. Not online reporting.

I was extending my Non Imm 'O' visa, yesterday. Last month was my 90 day report (In person), never got asked for it. As TD has just said, Counter B (TM30) was rammed full yesterday.

Oh....And my wife had to pay a fine for never filing a TM30 for me. 800 baht!! I made her pay. She wasn't happy 555

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

Oh....And my wife had to pay a fine for never filing a TM30 for me. 800 baht!!

That's a pity. 

As posted earlier this all seems to syncing TM30 report address with online 90 day reporting.

Personally have no plan to do TM30. 

Can someone walk me through the printing up tm30.  I just got back, input myself into tm30 system, but can’t figure out how to export and print up at home.  It isn’t working for some reason.  Do not want to go to immigration and ask them to print up if I don’t have to.

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That's a pity. 

As posted earlier this all seems to syncing TM30 report address with online 90 day reporting.

Personally have no plan to do TM30. 

As you stated earlier, not having a TM30 for 12 years, and now say not planning to do one. I have been in Thailand for almost 20 years and have NEVER filed a TM30. I have been in and out of the country on many occasions, and stayed in numerous hotels around the country, but never been asked about a TM30. So why would I bother now? I go to immigration to do my visa renewal, but not for 90 days, either my wife or son does that. If the time should come when it is necessary, then so be it.

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Immigration office CW.

are you using a re-entry permit

20 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Just telling people how it is at Chaengwattana NOW to do 90 day reporting online since they updated the system.

You have to have a current TM30 and you have to have filed a NEW one since you came back IN to the country in order for the system to match
AND 
You also have to file the first 90 day report when you return from abroad IN PERSON (or use a service to do it) as the online system will reject it with the "file the first report in person" reason

The TM30 counter was JAMMED with people the other day who got called on the carpet not having one when they were applying for their extension or 90 day report and were trying to get it sorted 

To be completely honest I don't care if you people do or don't file TM30's or not, as I'm not wanting to get into an "I've been here 65 years and never done a TM30" pissing match 😛 but I would bet dollars to durian you're going to find it gets harder and harder to get online 90 days approved without it. 😕 

I was told a few years back at Phichit IO by an officer in front of my wife that no TM30 was required even after being on holiday in the UK. But this being Thailand, different IO's do tend to make up their own rules as I think you will know.