Brexit: A Triumph for Britain, Despite Labour’s Naysayers

Social Media

3 minutes ago, RayC said:

Rather than compare the UK with only one EU member state over a short time scale, a better comparison would be with the EU bloc or Eurozone since the referendum. On most metrics, the UK has underperformed.

I would disagree. Better to compare with economies of similar size. The closest two EU economies are France and Germany and the UK has been outperforming both of those.

Of course, if RN are elected France might be gone in a few years in which case the EU would probably collapse. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, superal said:

Many of  my European friends here in Thailand admire Brexit and wish their countries would do the same

Unless they are Greek, your friends' views are not representative of their compatriot's. In fact, they are not representative of many people worldwide.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/10/24/people-broadly-view-the-eu-favorably-both-in-member-states-and-elsewhere/

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I would disagree. Better to compare with economies of similar size. The closest two EU economies are France and Germany and the UK has been outperforming both of those.

Of course, if RN are elected France might be gone in a few years in which case the EU would probably collapse. 

The EU is a Single Market therefore the comparison should be with that entity. In any event, there is little to suggest that being outside the EU has contributed much to the UK's economic growth.

If France were to leave the EU would face a major crisis. However, given that National Rally have stated that they will seek to leave and the majority of the French public are overwhelming in favour of remaining a French exit from the EU in the foreseeable future is unlikely.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Great article. At last someone has the minerals to say it. Brexit has been a success. We are outperforming the EU's powerhouse Germany, signed many, many trade deals and no longer have to pay the failing federalist project that is the EU for the privilige of being told what to do by them.

Well done Boris. 

Can't wait to see the EU crumble when France leave under Le Pen. 

Why compare only with the current sick man of Europe? It shows a clear lack of ambition! 😃

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

P.S. Sorry to contradict your wet dreams, but the FN/RN has completely dropped the idea of Frexit since 2017, as it found out it was not popular at all.

It is also not likely they they will get an absolute majority Sunday.

a6f26e1a-ac5e-421f-b757-074cb26dd91e.png

0017b242-0107-4cc7-8a69-f6fa303431e1.png

Edited by candide

MY thoughts exactly. The remoaners predicted massive losses of GDP.....but the EU GDP growth is miserable and similar to major EU countries like Germany. The massive losses of GDP simply didn't happen and staying in the EU would not have helped our GDP growth. Labour so far has been sensible saying no going back. Thank God. Top have our nation run m]by the likes of Ursula, Scholz and Macron. There are no decent leaders in the EU, it is going to tank badly and soon. Ukraine will be the nail in its coffin. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, candide said:

Why compare only with the current sick man of Europe? It shows a clear lack of ambition! 😃

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

P.S. Sorry to contradict your wet dreams, but the FN/RN has completely dropped the idea of Frexit since 2017, as it found out it was not popular at all.

It is also not likely they they will get an absolute majority Sunday.

a6f26e1a-ac5e-421f-b757-074cb26dd91e.png

0017b242-0107-4cc7-8a69-f6fa303431e1.png

38 minutes ago, retarius said:

MY thoughts exactly. The remoaners predicted massive losses of GDP.....but the EU GDP growth is miserable and similar to major EU countries like Germany. The massive losses of GDP simply didn't happen and staying in the EU would not have helped our GDP growth. Labour so far has been sensible saying no going back. Thank God. Top have our nation run m]by the likes of Ursula, Scholz and Macron. There are no decent leaders in the EU, it is going to tank badly and soon. Ukraine will be the nail in its coffin. 

While I agree that UK fared better (or not as worse) than initially expected, the EU always performed better than UK  and other large EU countries  had a higher growth than Germany. Data provided in my previous post.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, I know , I read all the Countries/categories  in the caption .

Why are you using G7 Countries' data when talking about the E.U ?

Because the distinguished economists appointed by the House of Commons consider It's relevant to compare UK with these countries.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It was you who posted the graphs on this forum and I was asking you why they are relevant 

They are quite relevant to illustrate my claim that comparing UK only to the sick man of Europe is a sign of lack of ambition.

Are you not tired of splitting hairs?

24 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Why not compare the U.K to all the other 23 E.U Countries , rather than the 7 G7 Countries ? 

Sorry, I don't have my own economic investigations department so I have to outsource part of my research 😁

I have shown what I needed to illustrate my point.

If you want to go on splitting hairs, why don't you do it by yourself?

12 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Great article. At last someone has the minerals to say it. Brexit has been a success. We are outperforming the EU's powerhouse Germany, signed many, many trade deals and no longer have to pay the failing federalist project that is the EU for the privilige of being told what to do by them.

Well done Boris. 

Can't wait to see the EU crumble when France leave under Le Pen. 

Here Here!

I like your description of testicular fortitude.

God help save centuries of tradition!

Cheers mate

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Red Forever said:

Jeez, I struggled through this load of right wing drivel thinking that this load of BS is too much even for the Torygraph. 

On seeing swivel eyed loon Redwood's name credited I realised that I should scroll to the end of these posts in order to save minutes of my life. 

Fortunately I scrolled to the end to look after a couple of lines of that mental diarrhoea and so saved myself the rest ...

4 hours ago, candide said:

Sorry, I don't have my own economic investigations department so I have to outsource part of my research 😁

I have shown what I needed to illustrate my point.

If you want to go on splitting hairs, why don't you do it by yourself?

So, just to clarify .

The UK leaving the E.U hasn't been good for the UKs economy because Japan and Canada have a better economy that the UK ? 

Bearing in mind that Japan and Canada are not on in the E.U either 

43 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So, just to clarify .

The UK leaving the E.U hasn't been good for the UKs economy because Japan and Canada have a better economy that the UK ? 

Bearing in mind that Japan and Canada are not on in the E.U either 

Three main EU countries and the Eurozone allow a relevant European comparison (and much better than comparing only with Germany). The other countries give more perspective. Feel free to ignore them if it disturbs you.

23 minutes ago, candide said:

Because, as I told you, there was no need for me to do it.

If you are so obsessed about it, why don't you search by yourself and post such a graph, instead of trolling?

I know the real reason .

If you posted a graph of the 23 E.U Countries, then the UK would be doing quite well , about it the middle nd that would fit your claim of Brexit being failure , so you post the G7 graphs instead hoping that no one would notice