Best types of foreigners in Thailand

susanlea

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

Restaurants are the same price points all over really. You can eat cheap or pay 1000 to 5000 baht. I normally spend 200 to 700 baht if 2 people. Just depends 

I was asking specifically about Nimman road area and prubangboys lifestyle.   He dines next to the 100$ place but not at it.   Sounds similar to us. 

Just now, Elkski said:

I was asking specifically about Nimman road area and prubangboys lifestyle.   He dines next to the 100$ place but not at it.   Sounds similar to us. 

I've eaten at a restaurant there 3 times. Around 500 or 600 baht for two people. About 4 dishes total. Thai food. Long standing restaurant.

10 hours ago, susanlea said:

1 The quiet ones

2 People who can read a map and don't think Pattaya is half of Thailand

3 People who are polite and not angry

4 People who can go weeks without alcohol

5 People who know how to use search engines and weren't born yesterday

6 People who can recognise dementia and call it out

Agreed. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, susanlea said:

What does this mean? Google has been around for 20 years. What does same good mean?

It simply mean that you se it like a good foreigner must be able to use search engines. What has that to do with being good or bad?

4 hours ago, susanlea said:

I can barely make sense of that post. Not sure you understand English very well. 

I am pretty sure you understand, and that is why you do not want to deal with it. You just found out how silly your list of things to know and do for be seen as good in your little weird world was.

And, no my first language is not English, but most people understand what I post anyway. Sadly, I am not surprised you have problem with that as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Gottfrid said:

It simply mean that you se it like a good foreigner must be able to use search engines. What has that to do with being good or bad?

I am pretty sure you understand, and that is why you do not want to deal with it. You just found out how silly your list of things to know and do for be seen as good in your little weird world was.

And, no my first language is not English, but most people understand what I post anyway. Sadly, I am not surprised you have problem with that as well.

You need to search under the couch for a sense of humour.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Elkski said:

How often do you dine out?  What is your typical dinner bill?  

You make me want to add a week stay in CM next trip.  But you did forget the deadly, life shortening ,air quality 2 months out of 12. 

We eat out pretty much every meal. Like 300-400 baht for my daily meal alone. 1,500-2,000 for a splurge meal with my wife, about 1.5 times a week.

We're going to China Kitchen at The Shangri-La on Friday; that's 4000 baht to eat it all and have a couple of drinks. Life is too short not to order the big prawn if you have the money. 

Yesterday was duck noodles and dim sum for us at the mall for 600. We like to order in breakfast and that can be 600 baht for two people eating avocado toast and ordering double cappuccinos.

This makes a lot of people (means: brits) mad, but if the question is what do you spend, answering it is hardly bragging.

The long trend for us is towards healthy eating. If you can eat virtually anything under the sun -there's a Japanese fermented food place near Wat Umong, for example- you quickly default down to premium protein and veg.

Tempura is my cheat meal. Maybe the Meat Loaf at Dukes once a month. French fries? Seldom.

My wife loves vegan food and there are 3 great places within 5 minutes walk. I eat at least a third of my lunches at Healthy Junk. We order in a hummus and mezz platter from Hummus Chiang Mai about once a week. It was recently cited in the inflight Air Asia magazine as a must-do in Chiang Mai. I agree.

For 2 months of the year, we get out of Dodge. We do a beach and then travel separately. Her back to The Blue Ridge Mountains for family, me checking off my Asia addiction.

Edited by Prubangboy

18 hours ago, schweizer said:

A good choice of word but due to this being 2024 and not 1860 I thought to use a more modern term 😉

Ahhhh yes..... the modern era where it's acceptable to heap disdain on others for no logical reason.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, susanlea said:

People with a sense of humour who don't have to defend their sect leader all the time.

I don't have a sect leader; I have a brain capable of forming opinions of my own and able to sort humour from political rants. For your edification, I'm on record here as stating Biden is too old to be seeking reelection. I consider he was the correct choice in 2020 to get rid of the dangerous narcissist, but should be retired at the end of this term 

AN has a separate area for the acolytes to bleat their pathetic politics without polluting other areas of the forum using pretense.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I don't have a sect leader; I have a brain capable of forming opinions of my own and able to sort humour from political rants. For your edification, I'm on record here as stating Biden is too old to be seeking reelection. I consider he was the correct choice in 2020 to get rid of the dangerous narcissist, but should be retired at the end of this term 

AN has a separate area for the acolytes to bleat their pathetic politics without polluting other areas of the forum using pretense.

Oh dear :cheesy:

On 7/3/2024 at 11:39 AM, susanlea said:

1 The quiet ones 

2 People who can read a map and don't think Pattaya is half of Thailand

3 People who are polite and not angry

4 People who can go weeks without alcohol

5 People who know how to use search engines and weren't born yesterday

6 People who can recognise dementia and call it out

Point 3.  I know people who are always polite and angry at the same time.  "Sir/Madam, you are a fkn imbecile"

Point 4.  Liars, the lot of them.

Point 5.  https://googlethatforyou.com/

Edited by fondue zoo