Zelensky Challenges Trump on War Plans, Decries Weapons Delays

23 hours ago, Mavideol said:

he would sell his mother for a buck

ohhhh we do have MAGA brainwashed ones around here  555

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I suspect it would be preferable to being a Russian of conscriptable age,

Trump can only end the Ukraine war by giving Putin everything he wants. You'd have to be as thick as two planks not to understand that.

Giving Putin everything he wants includes winking at the genocide of Ukrainians. Which doesn't sound like a good thing to most people.

you understand the word 'negotiation ' right?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

In any war between NATO or American forces, the Russian military would be obliterated. They would only have nukes left.

Indeed they have nukes. That defeats any military supremacy by the west. Doesn't matter how great the west's military is when any attack on Russia can result in nuclear winter.

For those that think the bombs/ missiles themselves are the biggest killer, think again. Most will likely die after from radiation and nuclear winter.

It'll certainly solve global warming though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

Nuclear winter is a severe and prolonged global climatic cooling effect that is hypothesized[1][2] to occur after widespread firestorms following a large-scale nuclear war.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, Lacessit said:

False. Ukraine had SFA help in the first month of the invasion.

I don't see you volunteering to fight for Russia either. Although if you feel like supporting Russia, you can always buy Russian rubles to help their economy along. Fair warning, no-one else wants them, not even the Chinese.

I don't have a connection to the White House, nor do I need one. The battle field figures tell the story.

Russia has lost 6 times more soldiers in two years in Ukraine, than were casualties in 9 years of war in Afghanistan. Over 4000 of its tank fleet are smoking ruins, or have been captured by the Ukrainians.

We don't need to fight for Russia

a/ because we don't support Russia

b/ because Russia is winning

You guys keep banging on about casualty numbers as if they make a difference- they don't, as Russia isn't running out of men.

Lost tanks won't lose the war. The Russians only need to defeat any assault against them now, and that can be done by anti tank weapons. Tanks are more an attack weapon than a defensive one.

You can bang that "Ukraine is winning" drum all you like, but it's not as long as Russians are advancing.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/6/2024 at 1:35 PM, Lacessit said:

False. Ukraine had SFA help in the first month of the invasion.

I don't see you volunteering to fight for Russia either. Although if you feel like supporting Russia, you can always buy Russian rubles to help their economy along. Fair warning, no-one else wants them, not even the Chinese.

I don't have a connection to the White House, nor do I need one. The battle field figures tell the story.

Russia has lost 6 times more soldiers in two years in Ukraine, than were casualties in 9 years of war in Afghanistan. Over 4000 of its tank fleet are smoking ruins, or have been captured by the Ukrainians.

1 or 2 days back, the actor in green said in one of his news release that Ukraine casualty 

rate was 5 to 1 Russian.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, rice555 said:

1 or 2 days back, the actor in green said in one of his news release that Ukraine casualty 

rate was 5 to 1 Russian.

My bad, it was the little man in green that said 5 Russian to 1 Ukraine causality.

Was in the Philadelphia Inquirer.

• Confused 2

On 7/6/2024 at 9:31 AM, billd766 said:

Or worse still, who on here would like to be a man of conscriptable age in Russia right now?

You haven't seen the VDO's of the press gangs taking people off the streets in Ukraine?

How many Ukraine men are hiding in EU?

Why were mine fields laid close to the Romanian Boarder in Ukraine?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I take it you have heard the term "Pyrrhic victory". Whatever happens in Ukraine, Russia is rooted.

Everything ends, eventually. So we'll see if I'm right or wrong after the fat lady sings.

I base my opinion on Russia winning as I don't believe western populations will accept paying taxes for bullets too much longer. I also expect Trump to win and put an end to American support.

Without foreign support the country that is "rooted" is Ukraine.

BTW, Russia has oil and natural gas and loads of natural resources, so it will survive.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, rice555 said:

My bad, it was the little man in green that said 5 Russian to 1 Ukraine causality.

Was in the Philadelphia Inquirer.

What else would the actor pretending to be a military man say? Winston Churchill didn't need to pretend to be a general- but he was a statesman.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

BTW, Russia has oil and natural gas and loads of natural resources, so it will survive.

they used to Supply gas Eu, but the yanks blew up the NORD pipelines so they could muscle in with their LNG, and is the reason the EU energy costs have risen.

news coverage of that act of international terrorism by the USA fell off the radar pretty quickly too!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/7/2024 at 4:17 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed they have nukes. That defeats any military supremacy by the west. Doesn't matter how great the west's military is when any attack on Russia can result in nuclear winter.

For those that think the bombs/ missiles themselves are the biggest killer, think again. Most will likely die after from radiation and nuclear winter.

It'll certainly solve global warming though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

Nuclear winter is a severe and prolonged global climatic cooling effect that is hypothesized[1][2] to occur after widespread firestorms following a large-scale nuclear war.

Not to mention the lack of food production and nuclear contaminated water supplies and radiation covering the surface of the land. There would be no food production as the majority of farmers would be dead, no fuel or electricity to plough the land, no factories or workers to convert raw materials into anything, no cars, trucks or roads and few people left alive to drive them anyway,

No radio, TV or internet either. No hospitals. No tankers to bring oil into the country.

How long could people live in deep bunkers without seeing the outside  world? Who in their right right mind would even want to survive in a world like that.

That would be the worst case scenario.

Of course some places would remain untouched, but only for a while until anarchy takes over and the weak are overrun by the strong.

There was a film a long time ago called "On the Beach" with a similar scenario. I have watched it several times and enjoyed the film, which was in fact based on a 1957 book of the same name written by Nevil Shute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Beach_(1959_film)

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Whether or not the gas pipelines were blown up, they already were non-functional. Nord Stream 2 never entered into service. Gazrpom shut down Nordstream 1 for repairs "indefinitelu".

Putin thought he could make the Europeans knuckle under by cutting off the gas supply. His gambit failed and Russia became its victim instead.

Nord Stream 1: Russia switches off gas pipeline citing maintenance

https://www.theguardian.com/business/202

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Whether or not the gas pipelines were blown up, they already were non-functional. Nord Stream 2 never entered into service. Gazrpom shut down Nordstream 1 for repairs "indefinitelu".

Putin thought he could make the Europeans knuckle under by cutting off the gas supply. His gambit failed and Russia became its victim instead.

Nord Stream 1: Russia switches off gas pipeline citing maintenance

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/aug/31/nord-stream-1-russia-switches-off-gas-pipeline-citing-maintenance

2/aug/31/nord-stream-1-russia-switches-off-gas-pipeline-citing-maintenance

they just exploded by themselves i guess. nothing done about an act of international terrorism done by the USA. imagine if that had been done by and 'enemy' country!!

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, frank83628 said:

by sabotaging the opposition... mafia like tractics!

So Trump is wrong saying US is not energy dominant and need to drill drill drill 😊

• Sad 1