VPN Servers

One of my investment firms have sort of stopped me from doing business online from Thailand. A VPN could be the answer. Any recommendations, as I really don't want to download destructive trash to my laptop.

I use Browsec VPN extension.  It's free and works fine,  you may encounter the odd website that won't open normal like Lazada ( it want security verification )    but they are rare.   

• Agree 1

On 7/10/2024 at 8:10 AM, EVENKEEL said:

One of my investment firms have sort of stopped me from doing business online from Thailand. A VPN could be the answer. Any recommendations, as I really don't want to download destructive trash to my laptop.

Then use a paid VPN - most vpn companies are mining your data, selling your information and browsing habits (just the same as a lot of industries like home automation, cloud providers, cctv, it’s nothing special) so use something like proton or mullvad.

There is client software, like viscosity, which use your VPN credentials but not a proprietary app from the vpn provider. 

• Agree 1

On 7/10/2024 at 8:41 AM, steven100 said:

I use Browsec VPN extension.  It's free and works fine,  you may encounter the odd website that won't open normal like Lazada ( it want security verification )    but they are rare.   

Confirm. Very useful for geo-blocked websites. Enables me to view my bills and other things in United Kingdom.

• Agree 1

On 7/6/2024 at 12:10 PM, Krabi2111 said:

Are you protected using a VPN in your own country, i.e. Thailand for torrenting?

I use a two step VPN and TOR, started downloading that movie just before Covid.

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2024 at 1:41 AM, steven100 said:

I use Browsec VPN extension.  It's free and works fine

You get what you pay for with a VPN, and not all VPN's are made equal. 

As the saying goes about the internet, "If the product is free, then YOU are the product."