Exit Polls Show France's National Rally Falls Short in Parliamentary Elections

3 hours ago, riclag said:

I agree with madame Le Pen

The seeds of traditional origin  have been planted.

Viva Nationalism

"I agree with madame Le Pen".

Who would have thought? 😃

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Following a report I have removed an excess of negative emojis from one member posts,  please take note of the following forum rule:

11. You will not troll or stalk other members by misusing forum posts, private messages, reactions, emojis or by any other means.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

The left essentially conspired by tactically withdrawing candidates. If they think this is a long term strategy to win the hearts and minds of French patriots I suspect they are in for a massive shock. 

National Rally conspired in exactly the same way by not standing in seats where The Union of the Far Right had candidates more likely to win. 

Presumably you also think that National Rally have made a massive strategic error which will backfire?

• Haha 1

Strong border controls is an old school left policy. Now adopted by the right. The right now tries to create work for the middle class while the left wants new arrivals to do a lot of it. The total reverse of the past. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Top jobs for immigrants include graders and sorters of agriculture products, sewing machine operators, agriculture workers, maids and housekeeping cleaners, taxi drivers. Jobs desired by the middle-class LOL. Get a grip. 

A lot of locals are lazy and don't want to work and the left encourages them to bludge.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, susanlea said:

A lot of locals are lazy and don't want to work and the left encourages them to bludge.

Republicans is a party of big business. They should do more for the little guy. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

The results clearly show that a combination of fear mongering and collusion can at least delay the forces of change.  I was listening to the news today and they spoke of a "left coalition" compared to the "far right".  I wonder how many times the phrase "far left" is ever used?

Splitting hairs?

Because there is a right-wing party (LR), and the RN is positioned at the right of this party. You can call it right of right, if you prefer! 😁

LFI is commonly called far-left and is not ashamed of being called far-left. The other members of the coalition are left of center (PS), and Green, so the coalition is called left-wing and not far-left.

Additionally, standards are different in Europe than in the U.S. Even conservative parties are implementing policies considered as left-wing in the U.S. (I.e. social security), and, for example, the Democrat party would certainly not called left-wing (It's more equivalent to Macron's center-right stance).

Why are far-right people ashamed of being called far-right? 😆

Edited by candide
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, susanlea said:

No such thing as far right. Media is bought and paid for.

Nonsense There are a number of current day definitions of 'far right' e.g.

Far-right politics, or right-wing extremism, is a spectrum of political thought that tends to be radically conservative, ultra-nationalist, and authoritarian, often also including nativist tendencies.[1] The name derives from the left–right political spectrum, with the "far right" considered further from center than the standard political right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far-right_politics

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)

I don't know enough to come down on either side in France.  Can someone explain the rioting?  It's being described this way on RT:

Riots and looting broke out across France as left-wing supporters flooded the streets to celebrate the New Popular Front coalition's victory over the right-wing National Rally and President Emmanuel Macron’s centrists, after early results were released on Sunday night.

Is that how they celebrate a win?  Burning and looting?  Did the left's win embolden them due to lack of expected consequences?  Or is there another dynamic?

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

I don't know enough to come down on either side in France.  Can someone explain the rioting?  It's being described this way on RT:

Riots and looting broke out across France as left-wing supporters flooded the streets to celebrate the New Popular Front coalition's victory over the right-wing National Rally and President Emmanuel Macron’s centrists, after early results were released on Sunday night.

Is that how they celebrate a win?  Burning and looting?  Did the left's win embolden them due to lack of expected consequences?  Or is there another dynamic?

Left wing thugs as always. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

Those rioters were reported hooded and masked.You can tell they are left or right or just hooligans?