Adam Schiff Advocates Cognitive Tests for Biden and Trump

4 hours ago, Social Media said:

Schiff emphasized the importance of transparency regarding the mental acuity of presidential candidates.

That is right .

And not only for the presidential candidates ...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Carville calls for Clinton, Obama to help select fresh options to replace Biden
 07/08/24 3:20 PM ET

Carville said in an op-ed in The New York Times on Monday that he expects Biden will drop out of the 2024 race, saying it will only take time before the president will bow to pressure from Democrats and public and private polling. He also wrote that the sooner this happens, the better. ...

“We’ve got to do it out in the open — the exact opposite of what Donald Trump wants us to do,” Carville said. “For the first time in his life, Mr. Trump is praying. To win the White House and increase his chances of avoiding an orange jumpsuit, he needs Democrats to make the wrong moves in the coming days — namely, to appear to rig the nomination for a fading president or the sitting vice president or some other heir apparent.” 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4760440-carville-democrats-clinton-obama/

The only one to run might be someone with immense lot of money to invest into a campaign by themselves. Michelle Obama can beat Trump by far.

However, she doesn't make a move in this direction and also Harris has to give up.

Likely to happen? I doubt it.🙏

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Social Media said:

"Look, I’d be happy if both the president and Donald Trump took cognitive tests," Schiff said when asked specifically about Biden. He reiterated his stance when pressed further, adding, "I think they both should be willing to take a test." Schiff went on to suggest that a cognitive test might reveal significant health concerns for Trump, saying, "I think, frankly, a test would show Donald Trump has a serious illness of one kind or another."

It would only be of use if a fail meant the candidate was disqualified, and who would be willing to do a test of such enormous consequence?

It would also have to be mandatory for all future candidates.

It's pretty obvious Biden would fail, though if Trump passed Schiff might regret proposing it.

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

The only one to run might be someone with immense lot of money to invest into a campaign by themselves

And the only one who fits that criteria is billionaire Governor J.B. Pritzker of Illinois who have stated "not me".