If You’re Tearing Down Hostage Posters, ‘you’re not pro-Palestinian — you’re pro-Hamas’

image.png.f42ffc8fab7691c084f789574bca2f9f.png

On July 4, a disturbing act of vandalism took place outside the Capitol Hill office of Democratic Congressman Brad Schneider. Posters depicting Israeli hostages, including eight Americans, were torn down and destroyed. These posters, which featured photos of more than 100 people taken as hostages by Hamas during the October 7, 2023 attack on southern Israel, were found shredded and scattered across the hallway.

Congressman Schneider, who represents Illinois and is known for his pro-Israel stance, condemned the act, calling it "a vile act of hate." He expressed his outrage on Twitter/X, sharing a photo of the damaged posters and stating, "This was a shameful act on any day, but especially on July 4, our country’s Independence Day." Schneider emphasized the gravity of the incident by adding, "Sadly, it was but one of many hateful, un-American actions that took place across the country on the day we celebrate freedom and democracy."

Capitol police have initiated an investigation into the incident to identify and apprehend those responsible. The timing and nature of the vandalism have intensified its impact, occurring on a day dedicated to celebrating American values of freedom and democracy.

This incident is part of a series of recent events targeting Congressman Schneider. Less than a week prior, pro-Palestinian protesters held an overnight rally outside his Highland Park home in Illinois. The demonstrators, many of whom were masked, banged drums, blew horns, and shouted antisemitic chants. The protest, which involved about 40 people, was eventually dispersed by police following multiple complaints from neighbors.

Schneider addressed the protest outside his home, condemning the actions of the demonstrators. He stated, "Such actions play directly into the hands of Hamas terrorists, enabling them to continue to hold hostage not only those they kidnapped from Israel but all civilians in Gaza as well." His comments highlight the broader implications of such acts, suggesting that they may inadvertently support terrorist activities and further endanger both the hostages and civilians in the conflict zone.

The destruction of the hostage posters and the protest at Schneider's home underscore the heightened tensions and deep divisions surrounding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. These events also reflect the ongoing challenges faced by politicians who take strong stances on contentious international issues. The acts of vandalism and protest have drawn attention to the complex dynamics at play and the impact of such actions on both local and international communities.

New York Representative Ritchie Torres, one of Israel’s staunchest supporters in Congress, decries the vandalization of Democratic Rep. Brad Schneider’s Capitol Hill office last week. In a photo shared by Schneider on X, posters of the 116 hostages still held by Hamas in Gaza since October 7 could be seen “ripped from the wall, shredded and tossed across the hallway.” Responding to the act of vandalism, Torres writes, “If you’re tearing down the posters of hostages, you’re not “pro-Palestinian.” You’re pro-Hamas. You’re not just Anti-Israel. You’re Antisemitic.” “There’s a special place in hell for those who vandalize posters of the kidnapped,” he adds.

image.png.28fc6bc18ae1500b5cd442816522af48.png

Source

Credit: BBC | X 2024-07-09

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2024 at 8:16 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems some are more upset about a few posters been destroyed than the thousands of Palestinians who's lives have been destroyed by the israelis that they support. Sad world we live in.

I just don't get it, I really don't. So sad.

29 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I just don't get it, I really don't. So sad.

I do and I think you do to, its all in the OP

On 7/9/2024 at 3:39 AM, Social Media said:

“If you’re tearing down the posters of hostages, you’re not “pro-Palestinian.” You’re pro-Hamas. You’re not just Anti-Israel. You’re Antisemitic.”

56 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I do and I think you do to, its all in the OP

It's old now. Basically, anyone who a right wing Israel supporter says that anyone who is anti-Zionism is an Jew-hater and pro-Hamas. Nothing could be farther from reality. I think you see that but are simply weaponizing antisemitism. 

I really don't know why you can't live with the fact that some are anti-Israel and some are pro-Israel. There are valid reasons for both. One thing is very clear, there are many many more people supporting Palestinian rights now than there were a year ago. 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's old now. Basically, anyone who a right wing Israel supporter says that anyone who is anti-Zionism is an Jew-hater and pro-Hamas. Nothing could be farther from reality. I think you see that but are simply weaponizing antisemitism. 

I really don't know why you can't live with the fact that some are anti-Israel and some are pro-Israel. There are valid reasons for both. One thing is very clear, there are many many more people supporting Palestinian rights now than there were a year ago. 

There's nothing old about still being held hostage by the terrorists. Its still happening now. the rest of your post is nonsense and nothing to do with it. But its ok, I understand your view point very well:

“If you’re tearing down the posters of hostages, you’re not “pro-Palestinian.” You’re pro-Hamas. You’re not just Anti-Israel. You’re Antisemitic.”