Thai Travelers Demand Quality Over Low-Cost Tours

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

These developments signal a maturing travel culture among Thais, who now value quality and transparency more than ever, steering clear of the pitfalls of cheaper travel deals that compromise their travel experience

HAHAHA

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, john donson said:

what is quality ? does it have to cost more ?

a taxi ride in phuket is 2000+ baht , and cost way more than it should and can cost in bangkok...

1 hour ago, john donson said:

what is quality ? does it have to cost more ?

a taxi ride in phuket is 2000+ baht , and cost way more than it should and can cost in bangkok...

Everything in Phuket costs way more than it should from what I have observed, however I think that is only noticed if you live here and are able to compare with other places

For people visiting from Europe etc it is still probably considered far cheaper than what they would pay at home.

Hypocrisy at its best !!! If any country takes the prize for being the top rip off country it’s Thailand.  From the «  solly , Palace closed today »  to the jewelry shops, traditional art , rip off tuc tuc prices,  fake watches and anything else fake T shirts, running shoes  and  even fake meds !!! Then there are fake girls, and fake boys. Enough to make the tourist head spin ! 

• Confused 1

I wonder if when they arrive in London(for instance) the girls will be telling the guys that they must have lots of money because they can afford to fly there?

Or if they will be charged at least twice as much as "Brits" to get into London Zoo?

• Thumbs Up 1

"Historically, these inexpensive tour packages often came with conditions, such as compulsory purchases at specific stores, which would catch travellers off guard."

Obviously this would not go over well.  Being forced to buy products at a store not of my choosing?  Not bloody likely!

For you well off expats, try remember that Thais also rip off other Thais, and most of them do not have your

size of incomes.  I am lucky that my Thai relatives mostly have good jobs, or work long hours at a small market to

feed them selves and they all have either small houses, town hiomes, or mya oldest brother in law, has rented a

town house apartment for years.  I only have 4 rich Thai relatives, that make almost as much money

as the bulk of yur expat posters that can afford to live in Thailand year round.  Food for thought.

Harvey.

You want quality travel? Be a quality tourist.
Just ask the TAT, they'll be happy to define what a quality tourist is!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sig said:

You want quality travel? Be a quality tourist.
Just ask the TAT, they'll be happy to define what a quality tourist is!

Yes, just look at all the "quality" Russians in the headlines almost every day for various "quality" performances!

• Agree 1