New Immigration form for retirement extensions.

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Speculation is normal.

As long as it's not presented as established fact there shouldn't be a problem.

First mention of tax in the thread, your words, an unsubstantiated claim, obviously aimed at scaremongering.

"Seems this is related to  ... TAXES."

Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Who waives the seasoning?

ALL offices that issue visas for people when agents "grease the wheel" and bank the money for you for a hour, WAIVE the seasoning requirements
That's because at the end of the police order on extensions it says "OR as deemed appropriate by the issuing officer" <- meaning even if you don't meet the requirements IF the issuing officer deems it appropriate you can get the visa/extension

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rocketboy2 said:

It's called corruption.  for short.

actually as I pointed out the clause "or at the discretion of the issuing officer" gives them wide latitude to issue extensions whether you meet the requirements or not

You can call it what you want, I'll leave that for other illusionary posers to comment on 😮 I meant illustrious posters 😛 

On 7/9/2024 at 7:36 PM, Liquorice said:

The form you sign acknowledging penalties for an overstay doesn't have a TM number either, but it's legit.

I'm sure someone has said the same above, but I didn't read.

Both myself and wife had to sign these ( O marriage) for a few years now at CW.

Yes, not only me, her as well

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 2:12 PM, ballpoint said:

As others have said, until someone confirms that they had to fill in one of these, or a similar, form at their own immigration office I won't be getting excited about this.  Not that I will even if it is confirmed.

I suspect it will be just another storm in a teacup - much like this form, which caused quite a stir on here a number of years ago.  How long did it last, despite the dire warnings from some?

image.png.b5c85dd2cd2a0c6f7fdbe54eefe269ef.png

I stated that I had filled out forms above. The forms were about overstay - Not this invasive form above.

It's all going in the computer folks 😭

Mine will be Practically blank and I'm happy about that.

6 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

ALL offices that issue visas for people when agents "grease the wheel" and bank the money for you for a hour, WAIVE the seasoning requirements

Tut, tut, Tod.

Extensions are permits, not visas.
Read the STM2 form you posted, it makes it quite clear what you are applying for.

6 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

That's because at the end of the police order on extensions it says "OR as deemed appropriate by the issuing officer" <- meaning even if you don't meet the requirements IF the issuing officer deems it appropriate you can get the visa/extension

Exactly which order states "Or as deemed appropriate by the issuing officer"?
That is an attempt to ligitimise an extension issued by an unauthorised officer.

The order 327/5227 states to the contrar,y where an extension application does not meet the full requirements;

4. In case where an applying alien does not meet the full qualification stipulated by the criteria herein, the alien must be notified of the non-permission order and must depart from the Kingdom within seven days from the date on which the permitted period has lapsed.

5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application.

This Order is effective as of 29 August 2014.

Given on 30 June 2014,

Pol.Col. (signature) (Watcharaphon Prasarnrajakit) Deputy Commissioner

Acting Commissioner of the Royal Thai Police

Now don't tell me that all Immigration officers are considered competant enough to make considerations and decisions on behalf of the Commander of the Royal Thai Police

@Liquorice how about we just agree to disagree and you can keep parroting that the b/s form you got from that office in Nakhon Nowhere aka Roi Et is going to be in EVERY immigration office in the country soon ? Will that work? 😉 

What if I say you win? 😮  Will that make you feel better? 😛 

Sincerely good luck with your visa/extensions 👍 

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

quorice how about we just agree to disagree and you can keep parroting that the b/s form you got from that office in Nakhon Nowhere aka Roi Et is going to be in EVERY immigration office in the country soon ? Will that work? 😉

Tod, I never stated that it would be issued across all Immigration offices, I stated, according to Roi Et Immigration, it was being rolled out across all Immigration offices. There is a difference!

Now, it could well be it's just a local form drummed up by the Inspector, but informed his staff it's nationwide.

I posted it as a heads-up, be it issued by Roi Et, or any other IO's in the future.

Bangkok IO is not be all and end all of what other IO's do.

50 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

Sincerely good luck with your visa/extensions 👍 

My visa was 'used' on entry in 2014.

I have since been extending my permit of stay based on both retirement and Thai spouse.

Extension renewal date 10th July.

Under 30 day consideration stamp until 9th August.

Was notified my extension was approved on Thursday 4th July, several days before my prior extension expired.

Collected stamp 9th July.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/9/2024 at 10:34 PM, Liquorice said:

I'm just you guys a heads-up on a new form that Immigration advised me will be rolled out nationwide for extensions based on retirement.

The form is not speculation, I have a hard copy, scanned it, and posted it for your observations.

as the Bard may have once said, metinks she doth protest too much.

2 and 2

Edited by khlongtoey
a