Jomtien Beach Road, which way?

giddyup

I have to go to a SCB bank on Jomtien beach road and I know it's one way, but which way? I'm assuming it's from Dongtan beach end to Chaipruek? The map on Google doesn't show any arrows to indicate.

Officially it is one-way from Dongtan beach heading south.

But this is Thailand. Depending on traffic volume, time of day, and how much you value your life, it is optional. :coffee1:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

I have to go to a SCB bank on Jomtien beach road and I know it's one way, but which way? I'm assuming it's from Dongtan beach end to Chaipruek? The map on Google doesn't show any arrows to indicate.

My map on Google shows the Jomtien beach road direction arrows. Try and zoom in.

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

My map on Google shows the Jomtien beach road direction arrows. Try and zoom in.

Thanks, but already been to bank and Immigration. It doesn't seem the one way applies to motorbikes, but they're a law unto themselves.

It's unbelievable that, in times gone past, the cops would fine you not only for not having a valid driving licence, or not wearing a crash helmet, but for trivia like riding alone with the pillion footrests down, or having a full-head crash helmet but the visor is too dark. Nowadays it seems you can do almost anything in full view of the cops and they couldn't care less, at least in the Jomtien one-way system. They must have found a new and far easier source of tea money... lol

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Thanks, but already been to bank and Immigration. It doesn't seem the one way applies to motorbikes, but they're a law unto themselves.

Last time I was there last month I thanked the road workers ( engineers with hard hats) that were standing by the road with bottles of water .

They are doing a marvellous job and I ask you kindly to do the same 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

A marvellous job of messing up the road,promenade and beach once again, bravo !  soon there will be no more shade trees just like on Pattaya beach  scrawny no shade palm trees  nowhere to sit unless paying a beach chair vendor...bring your own chair and get chased off by angry mob   park your car/truck/bike in the wrong spot (on the public road) get chased off by same angry mob.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/10/2024 at 2:23 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Last time I was there last month I thanked the road workers ( engineers with hard hats) that were standing by the road with bottles of water .

Did you show them how to operate a broom?