New Bus Routes to Link Major Airports and Tourist Spots

webfact

image.jpeg

State-run bus operator Transport Co announced on Monday (July 8 ) that it will introduce bus services to three major airports managed by Airports of Thailand (AOT).

The new routes, expected to begin by the end of the year, will connect Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang, and Phuket airports with interprovincial destinations.

According to Transport Co Managing Director Atthawit Rakchamroon, the upcoming bus services will link major cities and tourist attractions directly with the airports, enhancing accessibility to locations such as Pattaya, Chanthaburi, Trat, Nakhon Ratchasima, and Hua Hin. Travelers will have convenient transportation options to and from these regional hubs.

The network expansion is anticipated to boost tourist traffic and stimulate economic activity in the provinces, aligning with the government's objectives to rejuvenate local economies.

Atthawit noted that AOT has recommended starting with a scheduled service from Phuket airport to Khao Lak in Phang Nga province to gauge the effectiveness of these connections.

Picture courtesy: National Nws Bureau of Thailand

PRESS RELEASE

Source: NNT- National News Bureau of Thailand 2024-07-10

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

But there is already an efficient bus service from Pattaya to Swampy - and return , why reinvent the wheel?

It's just an opening to competition. The BKK-Pattaya route is operated by Roong Reuang Coach. Transport Co wants to take advantage of this very lucrative market

Edited by than

18 minutes ago, than said:

It's just an opening to competition. The BKK-Pattaya route is operated by Roong Reuang Coach. Transport Co wants to take advantage of this very lucrative market

There is already competition on that route by bus

Well we know what happens,  some outfit is making a good living by currently providing a reasonable service. 

Thai authorities can't have that.  So let's jump onto the band wagon and undercut the current provider.  We will probably run at a loss but thats ok, because so will the competitor. 

In the end both entities fold.  And the customers have to find other forms of transportation... mini (killer) bus anyone? 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Transport Co Managing Director Atthawit Rakchamroon, the upcoming bus services will link major cities and tourist attractions directly with the airports, enhancing accessibility to locations such as Pattaya, Chanthaburi, Trat, Nakhon Ratchasima, and Hua Hin. Travelers will have convenient transportation options to and from these regional hubs.

Increase the bus services from all airports to city centres and major attractions.

Snuff out the mafia cabs.

• Agree 1

1. Convienent yes, but I live in Phetchaburi but the bus will never stop in Phetchaburi although they almost pass my house...And I see many times that there are only a few passengers are in the bus... I don't understand as it would bring in extra money for them, but the hide that it is a rule that they can't stop and they are very very unfriendly on phone and mail....If they do it on all the routes it will cost more than it benefits

5 hours ago, Expat68 said:

Has needed one at Don Muang, pain travelling into Bangkok to catch a bus

AFAIK, the BMTA is still operating their long-running A1 express bus service that runs between DM Airport and Victory Monument, with stops along the way including Mochit BTS. My wife, who takes it relatively often, says the one-way fare is about 30 baht.

Also, the existing Roong Reuang company VIP bus service between Suvarnabhumi and Hua Hin is quite good, reliable and has frequent departures... Ticket price about 350b plus a small processing fee if bought in advance online.

Last time I checked, some part of the Thai government, AOT I think, was still running a shuttle bus service connecting DM and Suvarnabhumi airports, free if you show an airport boarding pass, as I recall.

Speaking personally, having lived here for many years and seen too many bus crash news reports, I tend to shy away from long-haul bus services operated by the venerable Transport Company, especially those traveling at night.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The new routes, expected to begin by the end of the year, will connect Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang, and Phuket airports with interprovincial destinations.

But based on the OP report, it sounds like we'll all have 6 months or more before we ultimately find out what if any new long-haul bus routes they're actually going to start running...