George Clooney as candidate ?

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That means nothing!

Just the media playing stupid games.

They did it once, though if the party had no influence in her appearing in multiple polls then fair enough.

It still reflects poorly, as the section of media who seek a victory, seem to think democrats would (should) be open to such a proposal, and for good reason. This shouldn't be ok, but it appears to have been normalised in the US. As problematic as promoting famous actors may be, I'd take that any day over a relative or close associate of a former president.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/white-house-cheap-fake-narrative-crumbles-after-clooney-exposes-biden-s-condition-at-hollywood-fundraiser/ar-BB1pPhQh

White House 'cheap fake' narrative crumbles after Clooney exposes Biden's condition at Hollywood fundraiser

“I love Joe Biden. As a senator. As a vice president and as president,” Clooney wrote in a New York Times op-ed. “I consider him a friend, and I believe in him.”

“But the one battle he cannot win is the fight against time,” he added. “... It’s devastating to say it, but the Joe Biden I was with three weeks ago at the fund-raiser was not the Joe ‘big F-ing deal’ Biden of 2010. He wasn’t even the Joe Biden of 2020. He was the same man we all witnessed at the debate.”\

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/11/us/politics/biden-george-clooney-hollywood.html

How Biden Lost George Clooney and Hollywood ...

And so on ...

But , I understand , that the idea of having an arab human rights activist as first lady in the white house must be terrifying to some ...

15 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

He is young enough , sharp and clear , has an intelligent wife , somebody should ask him ...?

Trump would lose .

He is a grossly over paid pretender! I wish I could earn such disgusting money for pretending to be someone else!

12 hours ago, CharlieKo said:

When will Americans pick a real politician as president, not some idiot personality. Or a Senile old man!

America has made it's choice! A wonky old geriatric who forgets what he's talking about or a compulsive liar who will BS every time he opens his mouth! Great choice America, you really ****ed that up, didn't you!

Edited by 2baht
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 2baht said:

America has made it's choice! A wonky old geriatric who forgets what he's talking about or a compulsive liar who will BS every time he opens his mouth! Great choice America, you really ****ed That up, didn't you!

America deserves a better choice than those two .

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

What are you on about?!?

Michelle Obama is NOT RUNNING!

Didn't you see Barrack chasing her down the street when she forgot the milk! Don't tell me Michelle can't run!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nobodysfriend said:

America deserves a better choice than those two .

In politics you get what you deserve! Who set these two clowns in place to become President! AMERICA!

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

He is young enough , sharp and clear , has an intelligent wife , somebody should ask him ...?

Trump would lose .

He is an actor. You really want another Trump?

It has been funny listening to Clooney finally spill a little truth. Biden, and the Democrats in general, are addicted to Hollywood money.  Yet at the same time Biden lashes out at the "elites" for trying to get him to step down, still trying to keep his image as good ol' scrappy Scranton Joe Biden, man of the people.  Can't have it both ways, Joe.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/11/politics/kamala-harris-joe-biden-pressure/index.html\

The dems are slowly getting into " panic mode " ...

Sorry , but good old Joe will be replaced soon , I bet .

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/11/politics/video/biden-calls-zelensky-putin-nato-summit-digvid

Edited by nobodysfriend

16 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Trump would lose .

And does he have any experience in politics?

I think the top job in politics should be filled with someone who has a lot of experience in politics.

Because even if a person is intelligent, has good ideas, is honest, and has other good intentions, he need to know how the system works. Beucause otherwise he doesn't get anything done.

The president of the USA has lots of "little" power in lots of places. He has no absolute power like a king - at least until now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Did Zelensky and Reagan have experience ...?

I am sure it helps to be an actor in that job.

I read/viewed (I don't remember) once an interview with Clint Eastwood.

He won election as the nonpartisan mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California, in April 1986. (Wikipedia)

In that interview he explained how extreme difficult it was for him to get things done. The fact that he was "the local boss" wasn't good enough.

I am sure intelligent people can learn what to do. But I would prefer someone who has many years of experience in politics and knows already how the system works.

And personally, I think we can and should expect an experienced honest professional for the top job in the world.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And personally, I think we can and should expect an experienced honest professional for the top job in the world.

Yet we keep electing individuals that reflect society as a whole.  Of coarse I'm the exception and never have lied and my poop smells like roses. Yawn...  It is just a BIG game to entertain us for the most part and all that matters is our team wins.

Edited by atpeace
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, atpeace said:

It is just a BIG game to entertain us

Show business and Politics are quite similar in many ways ... a good politician needs to be a good actor , too ...

Only Politicians bear more responsibility ... their decisions may have dire consequences ... as an actor , not so ... except for Alec Baldwin , may be ...

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Great choice America, you really ****ed that up, didn't you!

I'll go further, They ****ed that up, but if the Dems win in November They will F**** the world up too

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I doubt he's crazy enough to want it.

Right now the democrats need a seasoned politician to replace Biden for a short campaign. 

They don't need a trainee.

Keep Biden. He is awesome.

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems many people think like that, not only in politics.

I.e. in sport, I want that the best team and players win. I don't have a favorite team or player.

And in politics, I want someone competent, honest, knowledgeable, etc.

In a way I think the DEMs and Biden deserve to lose this election. They could have been honest and realistic in the last couple of years and they could have supported younger politicians similar to Obama. They didn't do that, as far as I see because inner-party preferences which are about the party, and not about what is good for the country.

The problem in the USA is of course that the alternative is even worse. A serial liar who still pretends he won the last election and who wants to be above the law. And a party full of politicians without any spine. We can all look up what many of those GOP politicians said about Trump in the 2016 primaries. They were right at that time that he is not qualified. And now he is not more qualified. But now those spineless politicians support that MAGA maniac.

Bad news, bad news, and bad news. And then the USA pretend to be the sample democracy of this world. What a bad joke.

Well said

• Thanks 1