Bangkok launches major drug prevention initiative with urine tests

webfact

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

The three stooges all on the same thread with absurd, off topic replies.

Join in the chorus. 
Haven’t you men got anything better to do.

Pot/kettle, Mate............🤠

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

But I won't pi$$ on the side of the road for them and if they push for that or indicate something untoward they will be met with resistance.

Ok Karen, you do that. 

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF the police have just reason to drugs test a person - it has to be done at the station, t

I suppose you are going to claim they should not be able to test you for drink driving either as that will be against your imagined “rights”.

This is their country, you will do as you are told keyboard warrior 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Wonder how they would enforce this on foreigners? Pee test at visa extension? Actually that's not a bad idea... They could provide a free medical check at that time as well! Just finance it from that 300 baht landing tax or whatever they call it...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I suppose you are going to claim they should not be able to test you for drink driving either as that will be against your imagined “rights”.

Nope... because check-points for DUI are fully legal when there is a commissioned officer present. 

What's really fascinating is how your responses reveal your profound ignorance. You’re painfully oblivious to how much you don't know.

20 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

This is their country, you will do as you are told keyboard warrior 

Yawn... yet another dull, half-witted, and unoriginal attempt to get a reaction.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Your posts seem like either you do not live in Thailand or that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

48 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

What's really fascinating is how your responses reveal your profound ignorance. You’re painfully oblivious to how much you don't know.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2024 at 9:19 AM, brianthainess said:

12 yrs old my god, will that not require a guardian to be present ? 

And up to 65 !! Some of us will need to walk around with a Doctor's certificate for their Benign Prostate Hyperplasia, so that they can justify peeing on the Policeman's/woman leg. Or even not peeing at all.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, artotle said:

Oh boy have you been missing out. You never been forced to pee test on the streets before? This used to be nightly in Pattaya and still is in parts of the country.

Yeah sure in Bangkok too random, but not on a military level of testing entire communities, by force? 

50 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

because check-points for DUI are fully legal when there is a commissioned officer present. 

There has been a big problem for many years because of yaba pills is Thailand and many crimes have been committed, often sexual crimes against children, the elderly murdered etc. 

Far more serious problem than someone having a couple of beers and driving home.

Some Karen farang harping on about his human “rights” will not make a bit of difference to how the RTP fight this scourge.

Things are done differently in Thailand, what happens in your country is irrelevant.

i suggest you educate yourself no google “Thaksins war on drugs” 

5 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:
18 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Your posts seem like either you do not live in Thailand or that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

53 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

How idiotic - you're quoting someone else's flawed opinion as if its some form of factual link... 

You really are oblivious...  

• Haha 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

How idiotic - you're quoting someone else's flawed opinion as if its some form of factual link... 

You really are oblivious...  

You have a lot to learn Young Richard. 

19 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Google it or try the Oxford dictionary

Yo Pepper, I know the definition, I meant his or hers definition for this thread. 

Sub·stance

noun

• 1.a particular kind of matter with uniform properties

This could be a freaking glass of milk or bowl of cherries or even the air we breath for all that matters!

So excuse me while I abuse this family size bag of crisps!  5555!!!

44 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

There has been a big problem for many years because of yaba pills is Thailand and many crimes have been committed, often sexual crimes against children, the elderly murdered etc. 

Far more serious problem than someone having a couple of beers and driving home.

I agree...  the drugs are a serious issue...   and that must be addressed within a legal framework.

None of that condones drink driving, or your the justification of a hypocritical liar.

(In your 'drink driving thread' it was clear that you have more than 'a couple' (two) beers before driving home).

Some Karen farang harping on about his human “rights” will not make a bit of difference to how the RTP fight this scourge.

Ignoring your attempt to trigger...   I agree, one persons comments on here will not make a difference how the Police fight the issue of drugs in Thailand, neither have I suggested it will.

What I have suggested is that testing children without parental permission and testing individuals within general public without cause exceeds the legal framework within which the police are permitted to operate.

They will not be targeting the middle class and higher echelons of society with these generalised tests because they know it will back-fire.. the Thai Police only target the poor and those without the education and resources to react.

Things are done differently in Thailand, what happens in your country is irrelevant.

i suggest you educate yourself no google “Thaksins war on drugs” 

Thats a good example - he went rogue, permitted extra judicial killings... Human Rights Watch (HRW), Amnesty International, Freedom House, U.S. State Department Human Rights Reports led to Thailand's human rights rating dropping from "Free" to "Partly Free," with scores declining due to these abuses...

In turn... a lower human rights rating has an impact that laymen and the poorly educated are unable to identify, it is this impact on a nation on a national scale that people such as yourself will be unable to identify because you have no frame of reference to what 'could have been' without such actions...  issues such as... 

- Reduction in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Divestment

- International Sanctions, Trade Restrictions

- Decline in Tourism

- Reduced access to International Aid and Loans, Reduction in Aid, Loan Conditions

- Impacted Economic Growth and Development, Stunted Growth,  diminished Human Capital

- Impacted Reputation and Trade Relations

- Forced additional Legal and Compliance Costs

- Generated Social Unrest and Costs

Ultimately, Thaksin was the source of major civil unrest costing the nation billions - Its not very clever to use his actions as an example of the 'right way' to do things... 

2800 extra judicial killings was an example of how "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely".... 

Thus - you can sit back and suggest that Thailand can and will do what it wants and I'd be inclined to agree with your assessment on a dumbed down level - Thailand does do what it wants, when it can 'get away with it'... 

... and, those in power in Thailand are able to get away with nudging through policies which compromise the legal framework... but, compromising the legal framework is not without nationwide consequences, its just that simpleminded folk such as yourself are unable to recognise or identify such consequences.

... instead you'll try dumb down the discussion to the base intellect of a moron because you fail to assess these issues beyond this base level. 

Thus, while people like yourself may support 'generalised spot drugs testing' it is an abuse of power, one which has an impact invisible to people such as yourself.

A better option than sweeping generalised action to drugs test a 'community' would be effective policing within those communities instead.

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

And up to 65 !! Some of us will need to walk around with a Doctor's certificate for their Benign Prostate Hyperplasia, so that they can justify peeing on the Policeman's/woman leg. Or even not peeing at all.

Just wring out your adult diaper ben. I can remember them testing at the bars one night, one lady said she was having her period, so they didn't test her, when the cops were gone she was doing the splits up on the bar with no underwear on as was normal for her. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I agree...  the drugs are a serious issue...   and that must be addressed within a legal framework.

None of that condones drink driving, or your the justification of a hypocritical liar.

(In your 'drink driving thread' it was clear that you have more than 'a couple' (two) beers before driving home).

Ignoring your attempt to trigger...   I agree, one persons comments on here will not make a difference how the Police fight the issue of drugs in Thailand, neither have I suggested it will.

What I have suggested is that testing children without parental permission and testing individuals within general public without cause exceeds the legal framework within which the police are permitted to operate.

They will not be targeting the middle class and higher echelons of society with these generalised tests because they know it will back-fire.. the Thai Police only target the poor and those without the education and resources to react.

Thats a good example - he went rogue, permitted extra judicial killings... Human Rights Watch (HRW), Amnesty International, Freedom House, U.S. State Department Human Rights Reports led to Thailand's human rights rating dropping from "Free" to "Partly Free," with scores declining due to these abuses...

In turn... a lower human rights rating has an impact that laymen and the poorly educated are unable to identify, it is this impact on a nation on a national scale that people such as yourself will be unable to identify because you have no frame of reference to what 'could have been' without such actions...  issues such as... 

- Reduction in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Divestment

- International Sanctions, Trade Restrictions

- Decline in Tourism

- Reduced access to International Aid and Loans, Reduction in Aid, Loan Conditions

- Impacted Economic Growth and Development, Stunted Growth,  diminished Human Capital

- Impacted Reputation and Trade Relations

- Forced additional Legal and Compliance Costs

- Generated Social Unrest and Costs

Ultimately, Thaksin was the source of major civil unrest costing the nation billions - Its not very clever to use his actions as an example of the 'right way' to do things... 

2800 extra judicial killings was an example of how "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely".... 

Thus - you can sit back and suggest that Thailand can and will do what it wants and I'd be inclined to agree with your assessment on a dumbed down level - Thailand does do what it wants, when it can 'get away with it'... 

... and, those in power in Thailand are able to get away with nudging through policies which compromise the legal framework... but, compromising the legal framework is not without nationwide consequences, its just that simpleminded folk such as yourself are unable to recognise or identify such consequences.

... instead you'll try dumb down the discussion to the base intellect of a moron because you fail to assess these issues beyond this base level. 

Thus, while people like yourself may support 'generalised spot drugs testing' it is an abuse of power, one which has an impact invisible to people such as yourself.

A better option than sweeping generalised action to drugs test a 'community' would be effective policing within those communities instead.

I don’t think I have ever heard such woke garbage, living in fantasy dreamworld.

under Thaksin yaba pills went up to over 300 baht a pill and usage plummeted.

Today they are about 10 baht, or cheaper than a cup of coffee.

Try telling a family whose child has been raped and their grandmother bashed to death by a yaba addict that entitled Freddy Farang must have his “rights”.

13 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I don’t think I have ever heard such woke garbage, living in fantasy dreamworld.

under Thaksin yaba pills went up to over 300 baht a pill and usage plummeted.

Today they are about 10 baht, or cheaper than a cup of coffee.

Try telling a family whose child has been raped and their grandmother bashed to death by a yaba addict that entitled Freddy Farang must have his “rights”.

Try telling the family of one of the 2800 extra judicial killings many of whom there was no evidence against, many of whom it was also reported are innocent. 

You call it woke garbage because you lack the intellect to comprehend the response.

I'm not disagreeing with you that the drugs are an issue - I am disagreeing with you that extra-judicial killings is somehow justified as a course of action.

I am also disagreeing with you that 'sweeping drugs testing of whole communities' is a solution its not, its lazy policing and a fast track to getting more corruption, the police will love the extra tea money from anyone testing positive.

Sweeping tests and drugs testing communities is not a solution, its a lazy knee-jerk response.

But, I wouldn't understand you to understand basic civil rights - you don't even respect the rights of others not to be exposed to your drunk driving.

The dumbed down 'freedy farang' comment is also plain stupid, as you have missed the point that such actions are not about 'my individual rights', but the rights of the nation citizens and how compromising a legal framework can impact a nation - its just too much for you to understand so you simplify and dumb down the issue... 

The lower price is due to over-supply...  have you ever thought about who controls the supply?... its not the users or dealers - is the untouchables in green uniforms at the top of the chain... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

there we have it... pro boozing and driving... btw can you prove that more rapes happen with people on yaba than booze? 

drinking and driving is OK by your standards even if it is the greatest cause of road fatalities claiming children and entire families.

you have a sick distinction between right and wrong bub

12 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

there we have it... pro boozing and driving... btw can you prove that more rapes happen with people on yaba than booze? 

It is very hard to rape someone when you are driving a car.

3 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:
17 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

It is very hard to rape someone when you are driving a car.

OMG - the response of a grade A1 fool... 

Drinking aside, its actually a concern that people of such low intelligence are allowed behind the wheel in the first place.

... when I saw one of my former teachers in the pub and he said... "it frightens me to death to think that some of the students I taught are now driving"... he must have had people like Malcom in mind.. 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

when I saw one of my former teachers in the pub and he said... "it frightens me to death to think that some of the students I taught are now driving"... he must have had people like Malcom in mind.. 

I doubt you went to the same school as me.

You would not have been able to afford it.

Good policy by the police, people who know they could be tested at anytime are less likely to use. The less use, the less addicts and the associated problems that addicts cause. 
Woke outrage doesn’t go far in Thailand thankfully.

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I doubt you went to the same school as me.

You would not have been able to afford it.

I thought special needs education was free.

Once again, you flaunt your staggering lack of intellect - of course, I couldn't afford to pay my own school fees as a child.

If your education hadn't failed you so miserably, you might have had the sense to insult my parents' financial situation instead of me as a child!

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Good policy by the police, people who know they could be tested at anytime are less likely to use. The less use, the less addicts and the associated problems that addicts cause. 
Woke outrage doesn’t go far in Thailand thankfully.

Yet another overly simplified and dumbed-down response from you. Do you really think the fear of a drug test will deter an addict?

The fear of a DUI test hasn't stopped your addiction to drinking and then driving, has it?