For those of you who have lived here for years?

19 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Rubbish.

The year 2023 was the warmest year since global records began in 1850 at 1.18°C (2.12°F) above the 20th-century average of 13.9°C (57.0°F). This value is 0.15°C (0.27°F) more than the previous record set in 2016. The 10 warmest years in the 174-year record have all occurred during the last decade (2014–2023).

Have to laugh sorry :cheesy:

The average annual temperature was about 27.6 °C in the years after 1979 and about 27.9 °C in the last years before 2023. So over the past 45 years, it has only increased by a minimal 0.2 °C

https://www.worlddata.info/asia/thailand/climate.php

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, bob smith said:

I am not over 75 but I have been living here for many years.

If I had my time again I would never have moved to Thailand.

Biggest mistake of my life.

bob.

thats an honest reflection, and for most, hard to admit. So respect 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

I am not over 75 but I have been living here for many years.

If I had my time again I would never have moved to Thailand.

Biggest mistake of my life.

bob.

You would be whinging back home anyway.

Sue

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

thats an honest reflection, and for most, hard to admit. So respect 

I had drinks with a guy yesterday. He has been overseas once in 15 years. The most boring conversation ever. Your life is probably far more interesting.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, susanlea said:

I had drinks with a guy yesterday. He has been overseas once in 15 years. The most boring conversation ever. Your life is probably far more interesting.

Everyone who get stucks one or the other place tends to be a little bit stuck in their mind to. Just a few friends i used to ride with,  who was as fresh as me, and have been through a few rough rollercoasters with women, now have a very narrow view on women in general, and especially  thai women. Im quite sure they where aldready damaged before they arrived, and thought everything was going to be better here, but now stuck on short time only. And every time they go with a new fresh lady from dating sites, realize they are up for a whole plan of future with expectations far above what they desire. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1

yeah, life is great on AN innit..

we are really livin now!

setting the world on fire..

real trailblazers we are.

musk, zuckerburger and bezos aint got nothin on bob, sue and gotfiddle!

bob

bob.

We all seems to be stuck here daily for now, Im looking for a substitute, but it is only as much I can do in gym, and fishing at the moment, as well hiking, when not working where I even have 12 hours to sit here daily just to pass time. Quit social media to deal with my addiction, and ended up here daily

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hummin said:

We all seems to be stuck here daily for now, Im looking for a substitute, but it is only as much I can do in gym, and fishing at the moment, as well hiking, when not working where I even have 12 hours to sit here daily just to pass time. Quit social media to deal with my addiction, and ended up here daily

I feel ya mate..

still, beats talkin to the mrs!

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I feel ya mate..

still, beats talkin to the wife!

bob.

Take that as a compliment, thank you 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Not me. I enjoy relaxing. Going to car racing next 2 weeks. Then football match if started. Then some new gyms.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Precisely - and I regret many things but cannot put them right. All of the things I regret are career-based - motivated by ambition. Never mind.

“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”

Omar Khayyám"

Omar Khayyam?

Here I thought it was by P.G. Wodehouse.

That Jeeves character is very well read.

3 minutes ago, susanlea said:

See you in Burilam

I will be fishing -) 

Have been to the tracks and tested my bikes, getting boring after awhile, even you compete against yourself. Watching sports is not my strongest side, I like to do them myself. Exception World games or bigger events in sports I enjoy watching. Motorsport is not one of them

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Find a good honest wife/partener , and at the time I came to live here ,bought more land,

while it would not legally be mine , that's why you need a good honest wife/partener,

after 36 years I would not change a thing , Thailand has been very good to me ,dont

understand those that moan about it daily ,just move on ,BOB .......

regards Worgeordie

Your English is now very Thai as well.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Live like you would do home, as you where working with routines waking up early and start the day with something that engages you, as well home cooking is valuable advises. 

Are you over 75?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Long term, I think everybody should learn the language, anywhere in Thailand, including the cities.

It's not easy and of course it's a question of how good we know the language. I think we should know it at least good enough to function in real life with (only Thai speaking) Thai people. Tell the taxi driver where to go, how much it cost, etc. Ask for food, order food, etc. Go to a fresh market and be able to communicate. Use public transport and ask for directions.

And in hospitals, where doctors normally speak English, but nurses don't, be ready to communicate with the nurses.

In many cases it will be possible to exist without that knowledge, but it helps a lot to be able to know what the locals talk about (at least the general idea) without any translation. 

If we don't speak Thai, then we have to trust someone who speaks Thai. And how do you know you can trust that person if you don't understand at least part of their "translation".

Many guys lost a fortune because they trusted a Thai person and didn't understand the language.

I totally agree with your points of view, but still, just to refer to your last sentence, it is a risk Im willing to take and if I loose no regrets. Now she learning my language, because she is moving here to me, so the situation is turned the other way. 

The hospital I used in Bangkok all of them spoke english who as appointed to me when arriving as well the other staff and dr. The local hospital, also at least those who gave me my covid vaccine, and the dr I spoke to there when I registered

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I totally agree with your points of view, but still, just to refer to your last sentence, it is a risk Im willing to take and if I loose no regrets. Now she learning my language, because she is moving here to me, so the situation is turned the other way. 

The hospital I used in Bangkok all of them spoke english who as appointed to me when arriving as well the other staff and dr. The local hospital, also at least those who gave me my covid vaccine, and the dr I spoke to there when I registered

Yes, it's possible. But don't you think it would have been better if you knew the language (better)? 

Wouldn't buy that old Honda Shadow 750. Whatta money sink. Top-heavy, too. ' Course, I did have some good rides on it.

Would be more patient and really get down to some heart-to-heart talks to change some ladies' detrimental behaviors.

Otherwise, about the same. Mostly, I'd like to do it all again. But then, knowing what I do know, it'd be different just 'cause I'd already done a lot so would now choose something new.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, susanlea said:

Over 75s should get drunk every night and hire a bed friend. Your life is nearly over. Enjoy it.

If you get drunk every night, you're not going to be able to do much with that bed friend.

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, it's possible. But don't you think it would have been better if you knew the language (better)? 

Of course, but Im able to understand some thai, same as I understand Spanish and German, and also some useful frazes 

• Like 2