Thaksin Shinawatra to Receive Certificate of Innocence in August

Thaksin Shinawatra to Receive Certificate of Innocence in August. 

What  in Satans Name is happening?  

Certificate of Innocence My Foot  He's a Convicted Crim ,Ones a Crim Always a Crim

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Who certifies such thing?

Can that person be prosecuted for such decision making?

Its self certification , just like a tax return, so he will have just written it  himself. but its obviously been endorsed by" a higher authority" who probably cannot be prosecuted

The intention is to draw a line under the events of the past, and to signal to the masses that his return to politics and his increasing involvement and interference  is fully sanctioned  by  his fellow elite and therefore any resistance or opposition is futile 

The message would appear to be clear  "I'm Back"   as if anybody was ever in any doubt   Sister will be next

• Like 1

Certificate of Innocence is great. Is there any agency out there which can provide me with such a certificate? I need it for my wife when I come home early in the morning!

• Haha 2

Strangely no mention at all of who will be issuing this certificate and who's signature will be on it .  I think there is only one person who can issue "pardons"  but this is not really a pardon , or is it ?    Its just a reminder to everybody that the verdict the court  arrived at in his trial has now been "officially"  disregarded , and as befits a man of his wealth and influence, he is once again to be considered to be above the law as are any members of his family or anybody else he bestows the honour on 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/15/2024 at 7:33 AM, webfact said:

thaksin.jpg

In a striking moment of finality, former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is set to be officially released, with an innocence certificate earmarked for August. This follows a series of legal and procedural crescendos that began with his contentious detainment over corruption charges and culminated in a royal pardon last year.

Thaksin, who was originally sentenced to eight years on multiple counts but had his sentence reduced to a single year, has been under parole since February following a health-related stint at the Police General Hospital in Bangkok. This concluded leg of his sentence comes nearly a decade after his initial conviction, spotlighting Thailand's volatile political landscape and the legal maneuverings surrounding high-profile figures.

During his parole, Thaksin adhered to stringent conditions, including restricted movement and mandatory regular reporting to the Department of Corrections. His compliance and subsequent fulfillment of terms have paved the way for the upcoming official certification of his innocence, symbolically and legally reinstating his freedom.

This development invites a mixed bag of reactions across Thailand's socio-political spectrum, reflecting Thaksin's divisive legacy. For his ardent followers, it’s a long-awaited vindication; for his detractors, a contentious chapter in Thai justice.

Moreover, whispers of Thaksin's future involvement in Thai politics persist, spurred by comments from officials and his own circumspect declarations. The Pheu Thai Party, historically aligned with Thaksin, sees potential in his experienced advisory capacity, though Thaksin himself remains non-committal.

As Thailand nears this significant judicial and political marker, the focus now shifts to Thaksin’s next moves post-certification, and how this saga's conclusion will ripple through the political fabric of the nation.

Picture courtesy: Thai PBS

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-15

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Love the title headline!  So cute !

It's so funny that most posters who are complaining about this certificate of innocence, are not complaining about the equivalent certificate that made coup makers immune from any prosecution.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/16/2024 at 9:33 AM, Kiwiken said:

Why is he any more innocent or guilty than those who preceded or followed . In a Country that has embroiled itself in Political machinations since the 1930's briefly attempted reforms in the 1970's only to follow the veneer of Democracy ever since.

The People wanted Future forward all they got was a new soup

You all have a love to hate Thaksin but really he is no worse than any of the others

Coup what Coup?

I hate him for the thousands of extra judicial killings that occurred during his leadership of the country, all a direct result of his extreme anti drug policies. There is no doubt he is behind the recriminalisation of weed. It's a backward step for the country allowing him a passage back into politics. His lese majeste remarks can be overlooked while a winning party can be removed for much the same 'offence'. 

On 7/16/2024 at 5:44 AM, Ralf001 said:

Fantastic news, long time coming and well deserved.

Congrats P'Thaksin.

Yes indeed - justice at last. I lived in the North throughout both tenures of Thaksin as PM. Us "Northerners" knew you were stitched up by the corrupt elite establishment of Bangkok because money was being channeled to the North for vast new infrastructure projects. 

Soon to be free without a blemish, please could you arrange a "Certificate of Innocence" for the two Burmese lads locked up in prison for the Koh Tao murders.