Neighbors with straight-through loud exhaust in my condo

DeeMakMak

23 minutes ago, DeeMakMak said:

I recently bought a condo in Pattaya. The place is very quiet. But there are a couple of idiots with straight-through loud exhaust living in my condo.

Please advise what to do:

1. Go to the regular police, explain in human terms and ask for help. Or there is a traffic police booth at the exit to the main road. Perhaps the traffic policeman will be a normal person and agree to help. Then I will take his phone number and when the idiot is leaving the parking lot I will call the policeman, he will simply come out of the box, take a couple of steps and stop the idiot and fine him. The loud exhaust from his tuned direct-flow exhaust is a 100% violation of Thai law.

2. Quietly throw a nut into his exhaust pipe.

PS: If you are the owner of a loud direct-flow exhaust, I want to say that you and your entire family to the third are cursed by many of your neighbors who dream that you will fall to your death and that all your intestines will decompose on the road for many meters.

Every time we had a ride with guys with loud pipes I told them to ride last, 

Better tell them what your problem is, if not possible, how about your management? 

Why is it a problem for you? Do they wake you up in the night coming home or and leaving? 

If its just annoying daytime problem, forget about it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

He may have a high flow cat, instead of a pipe thru cat or decat. Regardless, too many cameras for option two. Cops first, then EPA equivalent (Just realised you must mean bikes and not cars.. Even worse)

Edited by stopthecap
  • Confused 1

You are in Pattaya so you made that choice but get the frustration.  I just laugh at the fools and feel sorry for them.  Think what miserable life most of them live that a loud noise between their legs gets them excited and the are unaware that others hate it.

If it happened regularly after 11pm I would probably do something but not sure what.  If they were real arsseholes then I would make it my project for a week to make their life miserable and they wouldn't have clue it was somebody at the condo they lived in that created the misery.  

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Why is it a problem for you? Do they wake you up in the night coming home or and leaving?

Yes, most time about 5am, sometimes 3am,  sometimes 6am. Not only me - wake you up all condo, except who can sleep even on battlefield. Because the engine is powerful, the vibration is low frequency and strong and pierces the entire condo.

49 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If its just annoying daytime problem, forget about it. 

Daytime not a problem. It's annoying too, but I can live with this.

52 minutes ago, stopthecap said:

Cops first, then EPA equivalent (Just realised you must mean bikes and not cars.. Even worse)

In this case I will loose option 2 use possibility. That is the problem. I never tried talk with this guys. He can not suspect me. Revenge will be served unnoticed and quietly =))))))))))
Thanks for EPA, I didn't know. I will research.

56 minutes ago, atpeace said:

You are in Pattaya so you made that choice but get the frustration.  I just laugh at the fools and feel sorry for them.  Think what miserable life most of them live that a loud noise between their legs gets them excited and the are unaware that others hate it.

To be honest, once upon a time I rented a Honda Rebel 500 from Mr. Dee only for 1 day! It was noisy, and I must admit it gave me some pleasure. But more likely because I’m a quiet guy in life and being 1 day in the shoes of "Rebel" for one day was ok. Driving like this more then few days would drive me crazy with ringing in my ears.

1 hour ago, atpeace said:

If it happened regularly after 11pm I would probably do something but not sure what.  If they were real arsseholes then I would make it my project for a week to make their life miserable and they wouldn't have clue it was somebody at the condo they lived in that created the misery.  

Yes, most often it happens after 3am when he returns from the fun. Your thoughts sound tempting, but could you please share more specific ideas on how to take revenge.

• Like 1

We only had one in our condo, didnt bother to knock his head, he was member of Bandidos, and only occasionally came home late riding his bike. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

nice big plump potato shoved in deep with a broomstick at 3 am always does the trick. make sure no cctv or cameras in the car... check for alarm

fools will be looking forever b4 they find problem and car/motocy will likely not start... towing+mecanic...

I have known about potatoes since childhood, we are talking about motorbikes and motorcycles. Of course there are young potatoes and they are smaller... )))
This method is old and good for cars, but it's about motorbikes. 

Yes, cameras are real problem for me now, because a lot. I'm looking for the right moment...
One thrown nut, in theory, will create an annoying ringing sound in the muffler. And a normal driver will go to a service station to remove the muffler and try to understand what’s wrong.

I will specifically find a nut on the side of the road. There they are with numerous scratches. On direct-flow mufflers, the hole is quite big and he will think that the nut flew there on its own. Flawless victory.

1 minute ago, DeeMakMak said:

One thrown nut, in theory

your op was ambiguous... cars can have straight pipes too...

nuts, rocks... bad idea  go for bearings the size you find in a crank... 3 oughta do the trick... mechanics are greedy and will likely tell the guy he needs an overhaul cos his crank is about to go bust

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

We only had one in our condo, didnt bother to knock his head, he was member of Bandidos, and only occasionally came home late riding his bike. 

I have respect for the classics, Harley/Custom etc. I would probably tolerate it. Here we are talking about idiots on cheap stuff like Honda Wave or PCX, CB300, etc.

2 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

your op was ambiguous... cars can have straight pipes too...

nuts, rocks... bad idea  go for bearings the size you find in a crank... 3 oughta do the trick... mechanics are greedy and will likely tell the guy he needs an overhaul cos his crank is about to go bust

Yes! I had thoughts about this. This is a cool idea, thanks!

12 minutes ago, DeeMakMak said:

Yes! I had thoughts about this. This is a cool idea, thanks!

Be careful and consider the consequences of bad planning.  Don't do it at the condo and video cameras are everywhere now.  A very descriptive note of what may happen to him if he isn't more considerate after 10pm placed on his motorbike might help.  He has to know why whatever you might do happened to him and the note will cause anxiety at least.  In the note let him know you are patient and it might take months but it will be done.  

If you do get caught somehow placing the note on the bike at worse you just get an arse kicking.

Edited by atpeace

1 minute ago, atpeace said:

Be careful and consider the consequences of bad planning.  Don't do it at the condo and video cameras are everywhere now.  A very descriptive note of what may happen to him if he isn't more considerate after 10pm placed on his motorbike might help.  He has to know why whatever you might do happened to him and the note will cause anxiety at least.  In the note let him know you are patient and it might take months but it will be done.  

If not man enough to talk to them or the management, leave it, sabotage is not okay. 

Is it locals or expats? 

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Bandidos ride mopeds?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

If not man enough to talk to them or the management, leave it, sabotage is not okay. 

Is it locals or expats? 

I have rarely seen the manly talk go over well here in Thailand at condos.  I've gone that route and seen no good come from these talks. It takes a lot to bother me so when I have that talk the person is over the top offensive.   In a law abiding country it can work often.  Here jerks know they can get away with  a very loud motorcycle for example.  I bought a condo here from a person that had to move to Cambodia because of a manly talk between neighbors.  He will never be allowed back in Thailand.   

Like you said, the best option would probably to let it go.  Or do as i stated and scare him without vandalizing his bike.  May slashing his tires with the note 🙂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, atpeace said:

I have rarely seen the manly talk go over well here in Thailand at condos.  I've gone that route and seen no good come from these talks. It takes a lot to bother me so when I have that talk the person is over the top offensive.   In a law abiding country it can work often.  Here jerks know they can get away with  a very loud motorcycle for example.  I bought a condo here from a person that had to move to Cambodia because of a manly talk between neighbors.  He will never be allowed back in Thailand.   

Like you said, the best option would probably to let it go.  Or do as i stated and scare him without vandalizing his bike.  May slashing his tires with the note 🙂

I had a few conversations during my time in Thailand, all go as planned, but I skipped the Bandidos one 😄

Edited by Hummin

Just now, Hummin said:

I had a few conversations during my time in Thailand, all fo as planned, but I skipped to Bandidos one 😄

I was not completely honest.  I too have had a few that went well but I've been here since 1998 and have seen some unbelievable squabbles and usually about nothing.  I get triggered by people that treat condo's Thai staff like idiots and bullies in general.   Those conversations never went well.  Usually karma was what got them.  The two worse have had terrible health issues in their 60s and I actually feel bad for them I think.

13 hours ago, DeeMakMak said:

I recently bought a condo in Pattaya. The place is very quiet. But there are a couple of idiots with straight-through loud exhaust living in my condo.

1. Go to the regular police, explain in human terms and ask for help. Or there is a traffic police booth at the exit to the main road. Perhaps the traffic policeman will be a normal person and agree to help. Then I will take his phone number and when the idiot is leaving the parking lot I will call the policeman, he will simply come out of the box, take a couple of steps and stop the idiot and fine him. The loud exhaust from his tuned direct-flow exhaust is a 100% violation of Thai law.

PS: If you are the owner of a loud direct-flow exhaust, I want to say that you and your entire family to the third are cursed by many of your neighbors who dream that you will fall to your death and that all your intestines will decompose on the road for many meters.

Do better research before you buy a condo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, DeeMakMak said:

You could try this   

393849263_299703509663882_8827953990077770957_n.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

we had tenant move in and he had a very loud Harley type bike. The exaust noise disturbed every resident multiple times daily. 

The management

banned the blke from the complex he had to leave it with security at the entrance.. 

You are the new arrival. Maybe best not to make waves. Let one of your neighbors deal with the hassle, and if they don't then there may be an excellent for their inaction. Earplugs until then.

21 hours ago, atpeace said:

If possible late a night force a ball or something similar up his exhaust pipe it may do untold damage to his to his engine.