Trump picks J.D. Vance as running mate for VP at Republican convention

webfact

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

All of what you say is true about my cousins to the south. And those are the reasons that Republicans do love their country. They value the potential and the freedom and the majesty.  But at the same time they do see it being despoiled by the whinging bratlings of the left who feel entitled to take the gains and property of those who are smarter, faster, and harder working. It will be interesting to hear and watch the Democratic convention next month.

It seems to me the majority of the whingings are coming from the MAGA camp.

Please explain to me the justification for billionaires to pay no tax at all, or derisory amounts, just because they can afford platoons of tax lawyers.

Trump supporters probably don't realise they will be the first in line to be stiffed by Trump if he is elected again.

Perhaps you don't recall Trump dudding sub-contractors, and boasting it was good business. The Presidency expands his window of opportunity exponentially.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Please explain to me the justification for billionaires to pay no tax at all, or derisory amounts, just because they can afford platoons of tax lawyers.

Trump supporters probably don't realise they will be the first in line to be stiffed by Trump if he is elected again.

Perhaps you don't recall Trump dudding sub-contractors, and boasting it was good business. The Presidency expands his window of opportunity exponentially.

Well, Elon Musk paid $11 billion in federal taxes last year, so there is a small flaw in your assertion. Not to mention that you could seize ALL the assets of every billionaire in the USA, leave them all penniless and homeless, and the money still wouldn't be enough to run the federal government for one year. One year.  So the problem obviously isn't revenue, it is spending.  You are merely arguing from a position of jealousy, as so many lefties do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am not jealous of people richer than me. They earned it. So did I.

Musk is a single example. No doubt there are plenty of examples such as Murdoch who have evaded tax for many years.

The top 400 wealthiest people in America paid on average 8.2% in tax on their income. Trump will be giving them tax cuts.

The average middle income earner in the US pays 22-24% tax on their income.

If you think that's fair, you really are a brick short of a load.

Do you have anything that supports your false claims, or are you too busy? 

By support, I mean data, not a link to whatever leftist talking point you are regurgitating. 

• Like 1

A post with unattributed content has been removed as there was no link provided to the source of "information".

Posts with derogatory nicknames, intentional misspellings or personal remarks will be removed. Spell names correctly for all sides of the debate. Some posts with inflammatory insults have been removed.  

43 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Yeah, the rich elites love Biden, they're not whining. 

Because of silly, mostly leftist social engineering tax incentives. 

They don't realize that because the working poor and middle class still remember they did better under Trump. 

Again, you are making it up, you do that a lot. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am not jealous of people richer than me. They earned it. So did I.

Musk is a single example. No doubt there are plenty of examples such as Murdoch who have evaded tax for many years.

The top 400 wealthiest people in America paid on average 8.2% in tax on their income. Trump will be giving them tax cuts.

The average middle income earner in the US pays 22-24% tax on their income.

If you think that's fair, you really are a brick short of a load.

Maybe Joe should start going after all those trillionaires, they are the real greedy ones!

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Well, Elon Musk paid $11 billion in federal taxes last year, so there is a small flaw in your assertion. Not to mention that you could seize ALL the assets of every billionaire in the USA, leave them all penniless and homeless, and the money still wouldn't be enough to run the federal government for one year. One year.  So the problem obviously isn't revenue, it is spending.  You are merely arguing from a position of jealousy, as so many lefties do. 

Another mind reader making it personal. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Maybe Joe should start going after all those trillionaires, they are the real greedy ones!

Now you are just being silly.

52 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The good news just keeps on coming - Trump by a landlside. He is a loathsome, vain narcisist but one stopping endless wars- and on that  alone he would have my vote. If I was an American.

https://archive.ph/Nsn3Q

Screenshot 2024-07-18 060852.jpg

TMSC is the world's most advanced manufacturer of high end chips. It manufactures about 90% of the world's most advanced chips

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/22/tech/taiwan-tsmc-talent-shortage-training-center-intl-hnk/index.html

In other words, it's crucially important to the American economy. The Biden administration is addressing that problem by subsidizing TSMC to build advanced chip factories in Arizona. But it's going to be a long process. 

God only knows what Trump means by claiming that Taiwan stole the chip industry from the US. It's true that TMSC is headquartered in Taiwan. What that has got to do with stealing is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Because it's a screenshot, that makes it OK?

I don't know what a bell**d is, so your attempt at an insult is as futile as your posts in general.

Take a trip to the moon, at least you will stop stealing oxygen here.

i means i didn't post in capitals or large font which you said meant shouting.

Just now, Lacessit said:

Trump claims it is everyone else as a matter of habit. He also claims the 2020 election was stolen.

Which is ironic, as he tried to steal the election with false electors. Not to mention stealing millions in fraudulent property valuations in NY, and settling with sub-contractors for cents on the dollar. Then there is Trump University.

The man is a thief, pot kettle black.

stealing millions in fraudulent property valuations...you mean getting loans he paid back? and that the banks were happy, there was no victim!

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2024 at 1:27 PM, Lacessit said:

AFAIK they were CNN fact checkers.

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is". Winston Churchill

Winston also added the qualifier:

But you'll never get it from CNN.

On 7/17/2024 at 2:30 PM, Lacessit said:

We have had leftist governments on and off in Australia since Federation. They are the ones who have introduced the majority of major social reforms. The conservatives main policy plank is giving tax cuts to those who are wealthy already.

I was paying $7.50 for a monthly prescription through our PBS. The same medication would have cost me $7000/month in your Republican paradise.

As you once said to me, you are full of it.

I don't take any meds. Meds are for the sick.

• Love It 2

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

I don't take any meds. Meds are for the sick.

I guess when you develop any kind of ailment, you just tough it out. And you will never get to be old enough to need them.

Please close the loop on the stupidity of your comment by confirming you are an anti-vaxxer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1

4 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Great American. 

I notice the cult at the convention has taken to wearing similar ear bandages.

They really should do both ears, then they would not have to listen to anyone else at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Let's see - " the Capitol was assaulted by a small number of people" False. It was the deadliest insurrection in America's history.

" I offered Pelosi 10,000 National Guardsmen" Lie. He sat on his hands for hours watching on TV, and wanted to go to the Capitol in support.

" During my Presidency, I had the best environmental numbers ever" Lie. He rolled back environmental protections, routinely attempted deep job cuts in the federal EPA.

" Other countries are flooding America with people they have freed from prison" Lie. No evidence whatsoever to support the claim.

" We had the greatest economy in history" Lie. Trump left the White House with fewer jobs than when he started. Clinton's economic growth was 4%, Trump's was 2.8%

I could go on, but I am not going to convince someone with a closed mind.

Yes, please don't go on..it's pointless. Your quoted responses are more false than those quoted.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Elkski said:

There is an easily obtained list of over 50 trump lies in the debate.  1 every 90 seconds.     

As for another comment that Trump's 34 crimes were only financial.   That is true but the felon part is because he worked so hard to bury this story through financial lies to change the outcome of an election.  News of stormy surely could have changed 76,000 votes and prevented this trump chaos.    No way will this cut and dry paper case of 34 felonies be overturned on appeal!    

How long before maga folks start putting .223 holes in their upper right ear in support?  Like the ones who wear diapers. 

Oh I should add that the Dow git another record yesterday under Biden.  Anyone who says the economy was better under trump obviously doesn't like or understand economics or facts. 

Only things I agree with trump on was making all NATO countries pay their 2% with back penalties and that it was a China virus.    

Plank of the week is back again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I guess when you develop any kind of ailment, you just tough it out. And you will never get to be old enough to need them.

Please close the loop on the stupidity of your comment by confirming you are an anti-vaxxer.

How old are you? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1